123 Assisted Living Facilities near Cypress, TX
Also serving communities of Waller.
There are 123 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cypress area, with 8 in Cypress and 115 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cypress is $4,620 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Tomball with an average starting cost of $3,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 644 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cypress. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cypress 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bellaire with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cypress, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cypress, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cypress
Situated approximately 25 miles northwest of Houston, Cypress is home to the Berry Center, a state-of-the-art entertainment and sports venue, as well as a thriving population of retirees. Altogether, about 10 percent of residents here are 65 years of age or older. Those who are considering assisted living have 112 facilities from which to choose in the Cypress area, including six in the city limits and 106 more in surrounding communities. The Texas Department of Health and Human Services licenses and regulates all of these communities as Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cypress
- Seniors in Cypress can benefit from several tax breaks, including not having to pay state income tax. Retirement income in Texas is not taxed either, which may allow retirees' more room in their budgets for assisted living costs.
- While winters in Cypress tend to be mild, with an average low temperature of 41 degrees, summers may be uncomfortably hot for some seniors, with high July temperatures in the 90s.
- The Cypress area is home to world-class medical facilities, including North Cypress Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital, and Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The crime rate in Cypress is around the national average and slightly below the Texas state average, with a rate of 15 crimes per 1,000 residents. Seniors seeking additional peace of mind may be able to install their own security cameras at the assisted living facility of their choice.
- Cypress has a cost of living that is 20 percent above the national average and 18 percent above the Texas state average, which may mean that seniors will have to stretch their budgets further to pay for assisted living services.
- When it comes to air quality for seniors, Cypress receives a rating of 64 on a scale of one to 100, which is slightly better than the U.S. average of 58.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cypress
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Cypress start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cypress and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cypress
Eligible seniors who are age 65 or older or disabled may qualify for financial aid through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission's Medicaid waiver program, which is known as STAR+PLUS.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cypress
Cypress and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cypress, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cypress
Cypress-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cypress
Review of Cypress Assisted Living 2
Great service from the staff. Very caring Read more
Review of Spring Cypress
My mother was in Spring Cypress Senior Living and then we were in hospice, before she passed away. They were wonderful in moving her in because we couldn't move her in. They got her moved in, and a... Read more
Review of Parsons House Cypress
The care staff at PHC is exceptional. I've spent some time volunteering here, and always leave knowing that there are still places that care. The leadership team is the cream of the crop and the Ex... Read more