Sundance Inn Health Center

Reviews of Sundance Inn Health Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Sundance Inn Health Center

February 06, 2018

By Molly p

My Mother regained her health at Sundance Inn after a hip replacement. The rehabilitation was great, she was able to return home and live her life as before the surgery.

January 27, 2018

By Jennifer R

My mother, who suffers from dementia moved into Sundance in December. The center is very clean and they take good care of my mother. The staff are very helpful at this difficult time. I can say that my mother was eager to move in (guess I was driving her crazy while she lived with me.) She is not at an advanced stage of dementia and enjoys the daily activities. They play bingo, have karaoke, and provide short exercise sessions, which she loves. They have other activities but cant remember at the moment what they are. I don't see anyone being mistreated and the residents all appear to be happy. They even took a group on a little trip to see Christmas lights in the bus, which my mother loved. My mother is very happy here and loves the staff. Overall I am happy with Sundance. My mother is happy and is taken care of, which is all that matters.

February 03, 2017

By J3S

When you check your loved one out of the facility, do not expect a refund if they do not leave at the end of the month. They demand payment in advance for the month. My mother left a week before the end of September. More than four months later still no refund. FRAUD!

January 31, 2017

By kdonohoo1

A rating of 1 is highly over rated this place is a nightmare of epic proportions..For starters they took days to get my mother her meds, when I called the DON she was very hateful n rude and reasoned every situation away, my mom started getting cellulitis while there the Don came down n informed my mom that it was not cellulitis n accused her of scratching her legs as soon as we got her transferred to a awesome facility they immediately diagnosed her with cellulitis n started aggressive treatment.. I'm convinced if I hadn't got her out of there she would have ended extremely sick, the physical therapist is rude and mean he kept my mom in tears n overwhelmed, nurses were of no use outside of Jessica n Carbert there was no compassion in that dive. This is not a place to ever take someone u love!! I didn't post every single thing that went on but I think u get the jist

December 28, 2016

By Happy Daughters

My sister and I have been very pleased with the care our mom has received at Sundance Inn. This is her third month at the facility. I feel badly for others who have had negative experiences; however, we have found every staff member, from the admissions department to the total care staff, to be kind, attentive, happy and helpful...even when I know that mom, bless her heart, hasn't been the most pleasant resident to deal with. The reality is that most facilities suffer to some extent due to staff shortage and high turnover rates. The steady staff we have interacted with for nearly three months has gone above and beyond to create a bond with us, as well as our mom, and we are grateful for their love and care.

November 10, 2016

By Shutemdown

This place is HORRIBLE. FILTHY! First of all, they put her on the nursing home side, not the skilled nursing side. Big Mistake! None of the staff members were on the same page. One says one thing and one says another. My loved one was sent there for very short term pain management and physical therapy to regain strength after a fall. The whole place smelled like URINE. They didn't give her, her medicine, took about 12 hours to provide her a water mug. Toilet was clogged and no soap in the restroom. The list goes on and on. Thank God we were able to get her out in less than 24 hrs. Noone deserves to go through this. This place needs to be shut down.

October 11, 2016

By jmsrbrtt

Nice place TO LOOK AT, but the care you get is another matter. It seems at times like the left isn't talking to the right, like taking a leg brace (to heal broken bones) being taken off at night; taken to therapy at meal time only to return to "we're out of food"; having bandages that need to be replaced every other day, going 4 or more days before someone "gets around to it". And you practically have to live on the nurse call button before someone responds. If you do not have a family member that visits every day, or ever other day, GET ONE!

August 31, 2016

By jmsrbrt

Nurse call light goes on above the patient door, and I hear laughing coming from the nurses station. Finally get attention 15 minutes later. Staff doesn't read doctors instructions. Mom had a leg brace removed overnight, when the instructions were clear...only remove while in therapy, otherwise it stays on 24/7. They don't bathe the patient on a regular basis. Assistance going to the restroom is iffy. Their answer to this is fit you with a catheter, or bed pan. And did I mention they LOST her false teeth after the items were removed for cleaning. Going on two weeks now with nothing you have to chew. I wonder how long a person can live on mashed potatoes and soup? Oh, and you MIGHT get your meals around lunch time. Hope you enjoy cold food. Right now I'm leaning on giving a 2-1/2.

February 27, 2016

By daughter of COPD

My mom arrived on a Thursday. I arrived in town on a Sunday to visit and review her care. She was there for PT/OT post discharge from a more robust rehab facility. BY Sunday she had not yet been evaluated by PT or OT. Nor was she scheduled. Her meds were also off schedule. By day 6 she was readmitted to hosp for infection. I arrived 36 hours later and found her Ipad and personal fingertip pulse ox and personal meds were missing. I went back to facility to inquire and surprise...nothing was found. I live 3 hours away. Do not put a loved one here unless you can monitor care daily and keep a close eye on the electronics. Following the hosp visit I will relocate mom closer to me.

February 18, 2016

By BewareBecautious

Terrible facility!! Care was poor and physical therapy of poor quality. Family member spent 4 days there for rehab and we transferred to a much better facility. Lots of mistakes, excuses, inefficiencies and little concern by staff and administration.

January 20, 2016

By happylife

I just discharged from this great facility! I am now better than before my hospital stay. The staff always had a smile on their face, willing to help, and the management was there for us and the staff. The food was even good! I would recommend this skilled facility to my friends and family.

January 14, 2016

By Justmenmywords

Think twice and get your options before you put your loved here!! Clean yes, over worked nurses and CNAs, yes....Attitude from DON ( Director of Nursing), no follow through with Buisness Office, NO gollow through with Administrator. Moving our loved one soon!!

May 28, 2013

We chose Sundance Inn Health Center because it was recommended by the hospital where mom was. The facility was excellent. The care seemed to be short staffed. We helped with all of her needs as family. The staff was definitely overworked. But the place was very clean and the people that rented there were extremely helpful and friendly. It was a good experience. They can improve on hiring more workers, otherwise they were very accommodating.

May 24, 2013

By Awesome95

very well nursing home I would put my mom in it forever!

Services and Amenities of Sundance Inn Health Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 02/01/2020

About Sundance Inn Health Center

Sundance Inn Health Center is a senior living provider in New Braunfels, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Sundance Inn Health Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sundance Inn Health Center