Nhc Healthcare - Greenville

Reviews of Nhc Healthcare - Greenville

Nursing Home Reviews for Nhc Healthcare - Greenville

July 14, 2015

By Laura113887250

My mother is in NHC Healthcare – Greenville. She stayed in another branch when she came out of surgery sometime before. It's very convenient to me, and I can be there within 4 or 5 minutes if anything happens. One of the CNAs let her fall out of bed by leaving her unattended, so I'm in a major conversation with them right now on how that happened and how it cannot happen in the future. She is paralyzed on one side, and they left her laying on her side with no protection there to keep her from falling. The food is fine, and the rooms are fine but are pretty typical. They have activities posted on every wing, and they have a calendar that they put in every patient's room.

December 27, 2014

By Laura48

We had a very poor experience at NHC HealthCare Greenville. My mother had to go to a rehab center, and they had recommended this one; we just had a horrific experience with them. She fell within the first 12 hours of being there, and the nurse on duty could not tell me what time it had happened or where it had happened. He tried to put the blame on my mother's roommate. We did talk with the administrator about it, and the nurse promised to make changes, but that did not happen. My mother got a shower at 4 a.m. with ice cold water.

February 28, 2013

Dad went into NHC HealthCare for rehabilitation. He was 72 years old and a diabetic. They were supposed to check his feet and put medication on it. But they did not, and my dad ended up going into septic shock and got infection into the bone. His foot had gangrene, so he ended up having his foot amputated. And then he went into septic shock about a week after that, so they had to amputate his entire leg.

July 29, 2012

By naomi1

The staff was very friendly and nice to the family. They took an interest in what the family desired. Some of the aides were not the best. They dropped my grandma a few times. They also were upset with her at times and not very caring. The place was always clean and orderly.

November 18, 2011

By nhcreviewer

NHC Greenville (Greer) appears just like any other skilled nursing facility when you walk in the door. The staff that greets you is friendly and helpful enough. There do appear to be adequate security doors in place for patients who may be prone to wander. The facility seems rather cold, impersonal, and darkly decorated. One of the first rooms you see when entering is the dining room, and the food appears and smells much less than desirable. As with most nursing homes there is very much the smell of diapers in the hallway. The nursing staff seems a bit scraggly and unprofessional. Each name tag either identified the nursing staff as an LPN or CNA, no RN's. Some of the staff seemed to be genuinely interested and concerned for the patients while others did not. The therapy room staff does appear professional, concerned for the patents, and competent. There is a big difference in attention and resources for the medicare wing verses the other 3 payment source wings. There seem to be a few activities a day for patients, but most residents were simply laying in bed watching tv. Overall this facility is not impressive, but I have also seen worse. In looking for a place for a loved one to receive skilled nursing care, the location of this facility is wonderful for frequent visits and easy access to most of town. You do have to remember that this is a skilled nursing facility and the patients there require such care that it isn't going to feel the same as an assisted living or other lesser level of care where the patients are more independent, aware, mobile, etc.

Services and Amenities of Nhc Healthcare - Greenville

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Nhc Healthcare - Greenville

Nhc Healthcare - Greenville is a senior living provider in Greer, South Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Nhc Healthcare - Greenville for more details on services and rates.

Map of Nhc Healthcare - Greenville