Manorcare Health Services-monroeville

Manorcare Health Services-monroeville (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services-monroeville

Nursing Home Reviews for Manorcare Health Services-monroeville

October 28, 2015

We are very pleased with Manor Care. My father’s room is good, and the staff is very caring, but I think they’re a little understaffed.

February 11, 2015

Manorcare Health Services was under renovation when we visited. The whole place was under construction. Carpets were ripped up, and paint was off the wall; they were remodelling, it smelled like paint fumes, and you know when you remodel your home, you are going to have dust and dirt. It would have been convenient, and it would have been nice had we seen it before or after, but because it was in renovation, it wasn't for us. I don't think anyone should have to live under situations and have to pay at the same time for that. They did not show us the rooms or the dining area; they showed us the physical therapy section, the lobby, and the activities room. It was just the receptionist that took us around. She was friendly and informative, but we were in and out in like ten minutes. We did leave our name and number, she said that someone would get back to us the next day or two, and nobody called. Their follow-up was not too good. There were some residents just sitting in wheelchairs in the hallway. I was not impressed at all.

January 18, 2014

My father's wife fell and she went to ManorCare and spent 40 days there. She didn't walk in with a broken hip, but they may have broken her hip there. One time she fell while she was there and they brought an x-ray in, but they didn't find anything. It was just an x-ray machine that you wheel into the room, so they could have been more thorough there. We did another imaging at another facility and when I saw the CT scan, it showed that her hip was crushed. I don't even know how the woman was able to get out of a chair and into the wheelchair. So I sort of blame ManorCare. They should have caught it. I just don't know how they missed that. We questioned everything after we found out that her hip was actually broken. The facility itself was very clean and seemed nice. I visited a couple of times and I thought they were being taken care of but obviously not.

August 06, 2013

By Dog Rescuer

My father spent several months at this facility and I would NOT recommend it. The care was mediocre at best--they had a few good nurses and therapists who have since left, but most of the staff was lazy. My father was bed-bound and completely dependent on them for his care. He had COPD and CHF (along with getting pneumonia frequently) and had a very difficult time breathing. He would often have to wait for close to an hour to get a response if he rang for help and then if he got upset and made smart comments, they seemed to be out to get him and responded like adolescents who were "getting even" with someone they didn't like. I am not saying that my father should have been rude to them, however, we had the "good" staff members even tell us that he was usually justified in his complaints and they never had any problem with him (because those few did their jobs and were not just trying to get out of work). One time when we did complain about something that happened, the way they "dealt" with it was to ask the staff member involved, who of course denied it, so it was immediately let go. After my dad was taken to the hospital for the last time, we received a phone call and written notification that under Medicaid guidelines, they would hold his room for so many days, and then we would have the option of paying out-of-pocket if we wanted it held longer. My mother went in the day after she received the letter to pack my dad's things and was stopped by a nurse midway down the hall saying that his room had already been filled (while they were supposed to still be holding it) and that the nurse had packed his belongings and put them in storage a couple days prior. When my mom got his two boxes home, everything (including all of his clothes that had been neatly hung in his closet) were literally just thrown in a heap in the boxes out of spite. When I called to inquire about why they had filled his room when they were still supposed to be holding it, I was told that the administrator would call me back, which of course never happened. In addition, we also could have reported them to the Health Department on more than one occasion because my dad's nasal cannula would fall onto the filthy floor and the nurses would just pick it up and put it right back into his nose--without changing it, cleaning it, or anything. No wonder he got MRSA and a multitude of other infections! If you care about your loved one, DON’T send them to Manor Care!

About Manorcare Health Services-monroeville

Manorcare Health Services-monroeville is a senior living provider in Monroeville, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Manorcare Health Services-monroeville for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manorcare Health Services-monroeville