Sommerset Neighborhood

Reviews of Sommerset Neighborhood

Assisted Living Reviews for Sommerset Neighborhood

May 15, 2018

By Dian P

Our mother was suffering from memory loss and Sommerset was highly recommended by a friend whose mother-in-law had lived there. We set up tour and liked what we saw. After an evaluation we moved her into the memory care unit. Her room was large enough for all her needs, bed, couch,dresser and tv. The unit was very clean and beautifully decorated. They had in house laundry, a nice gathering room with areas for dining or tv watching or visiting with family. There is also a storm shelter. There were 3 meals a day and they were very good. The residents were well taken care of and kept clean. They have in house pharmacy which saved us so much time. Special attention to birthdays, holidays with family events planned for many occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. Thank you Evonne and others that worked so hard to make those events happen. There are church services on Sunday for any that want to attend. There was always plenty of caregivers there, they were kind and attentive. Many have been there for years. They have daily activities planned, there is a beauty shop and a store. We got to attend a monthly class on dementia which helped us to understand more about our Moms Alzheimers condition, put on by the staff, with guest speakers. That opened our eyes to her condition and was so helpful. We grew to love and be loved by so many that works here. We were welcome to come as often as we wanted and to participate in all events. We appreciate those in memory care and thank you for all you did for mom.

December 20, 2017

By Pattye *

I don't do many reviews or postings on line, but its that time of year when you are grateful for those that care for loved ones. I reviewed Sommerset over a year ago, and my Aunt is still a current resident. I just wanted to share again and say Thank You to the staff and management. Thank you Felita, Director of Housekeeping what a Great and caring staff you have. You don't just make sure the rooms are nice and clean, but you interact and care about the residents. The Thanksgiving Dinner was Great, the Christmas Party very nice, and all the lights and decorations. Thank you for making Sommerset a second Home for those that can't quite remember there first. Pattye

July 26, 2017

By kndlee

My mother entered Sommerset March 2017. Due to her declining health she was placed in Progressive care. It was very comforting to know she had care 24 hours a day. Since her health has greatly improved with the care she has received, and physical therapy, she will be moving to the Assisted Living at Sommerset. The staff has always friendly and caring, not only to the residents, but also to the family members. The facility was renovated about 2 years ago and is not only beautiful but very clean in all phases of the community. From your visit with Connie F, Community Relations, you will know this is the right place for your loved one, and yourself.

June 18, 2016

By Ron161704

We placed my mother at Sommerset Assisted Living Residence. The people are very friendly, and the place is very clean. We chose it because the location and pricing were right. They provide the prescription service, weekly laundry, clean-up care, and three square meals in a very nice dining room. They have some entertainment come in and therapy pretty much every day.

June 10, 2016

By Phillip360672

Sommerset was rebuilding and redoing the residence, so it’s a little messed up. They’re under new management. The rooms were of the same design as the other communities. The residents were really good and said it was really a good place to stay. They have safe rooms, which was a good thing. The staff tried to answer all of our questions, and a lot of them were long-term employees, like 16 years.

January 26, 2016

By A Visitor1

My mother has been at Sommerset Neighborhood for 3 months. It seemed like a less clinical environment, more homey, and they weren’t part of a huge chain. I saw more residents out in small groups doing stuff there. They had a nice dining area that was open, and people were there doing things; talking and moving around so it looked ,and felt comfortable to me. They have 2 stages of assisted living, then they have a third stage which is halfway between assisted living, and a nursing home. They also have a memory impairment unit. Sommerset has been there for 25 or 30 years, and the staff is very consistent. They’ve been there for a long time;15 to 20 years for housekeeping, and 20 years for the coordinator. I talked to one lady in the parking lot. Her husband’s mother had been there for 3 or 4 years, and then she put her mother there. Everybody I talked to was very happy. The other thing I liked about the Sommerset is they have in-place tornado shelters so they have above-ground concrete vaults. Almost no places have that. What I also like is there is a registered nurse who owns it. I did like the local ownership. They just recently sold it to a chain which is headquartered in Albuquerque. The people who work there run it.

July 20, 2014

Sommerset was the one that we were thinking about putting our mom in. The staff was great. They gave us a tour, and the lady was very nice. We came in there unannounced, we just kind of dropped in, and the receptionist was very nice. She gave us a tour, and we saw one room, which was very nice. I was very impressed with the size of the room, with the bathroom, and the closet. I don't think my mother would feel claustrophobic in any kind of way, and it would feel like her own little apartment. There was room for a bed, for a sofa, and anything that she could put in there. They had a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave. Everything was spotless. We were there at dinnertime and they had a variety of foods for the residents to choose from. They had a garden area for the residents to visit and sit outside in. The doors were all secured.

May 18, 2012

By Dan3

I thought that the staff there where always in good spirits with the residents there even if they themselves were having some personal issues going on at the time. For example I over heard one of the staff members talking to another staff member about a situation that they were dealing with outside there work, no residents were around, and the way they conducted themselves around the residents was very professional. I've been to other homes where the staff will talk on their cell phones and to other staff in front of residents instead of paying attention to the residents or let what's going on in their personal life affect their attitude and behavior toward the residents and I don't think that's right. At Sommerset I didn't experience that. The staff was very kind and gave the residents the time and attention they deserved and needed. They weren't understaffed either which makes a big difference. The residents themslves also appeared happy and in good spirits themselves which to me is a refection on how they're beening taken care of at a facility. I also didn't see anyone complaining to a staff member or about a staff member, they would either be requesting or discussing a matter, calmly.

Costs for Sommerset Neighborhood

Photos of Sommerset Neighborhood

Services and Amenities of Sommerset Neighborhood

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: AL 1402-1402

About Sommerset Neighborhood

Around the clock, seven days a week, residents of Sommerset Assisted Living & Memory Care residences have access to the individualized attention they need in their daily lives, provided by Oklahoma City's finest licensed and certified nursing staff.

with their own private suites and the freedom to make their own decisions, they exercise a degree of control over their lives not afforded by conventional nursing home care in the Oklahoma City metro area, including Moore, Mustang and Norman.

From each of the Sommerset Neighborhood apartments, courtyards are accessible for each Care Level. In the Memory Care area, the outdoor courtyard is secured and alarmed.

Our Suites Feature:

• 24 hour Emergency Response System which signals staff immediately
  • Smoke Detectors and Fire Sprinkler System
  • Wall to Wall carpeting and decorator window coverings
  • Pre-wired for telephone
  • Ample closet space
  • Step-in Showers with safety grab bars
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • Safe Room / Storm Shelter

We are a not-for-profit faith based community. It is our mission to enhance the well-being and quality of life for older persons with competency, compassion and ethical behavior.

Map of Sommerset Neighborhood