Sommerset Neighborhood

Reviews of Sommerset Neighborhood

Assisted Living Reviews for Sommerset Neighborhood

February 21, 2019

By karold

Our mother stayed here after living in independent for several years. We had received several recommendations from professionals saying it would be a good place for her to live. It was. The staff was consistent. Many, many of them had worked there for years. Some even 20 years. The staff was a working team. They all helped out doing each others job to provide the best care for the residents. They had true relationships and were kind and caring. Yes, they had music, art, and church activities but best aspect was the staff and their kind care for our mother at this time in her life.

Thank you for your generous review, and thank you for sharing your mother with us for a short time. She was such a kind, sweet, funny lady and it was a great pleasure for all of us to know and love her. I am so pleased that we were able to help your family during the sunset of your mother's life. It really takes a team, all hands on to provide the best that we possibly can. That team includes so many wonderful staff members, but it also includes a partnership with the resident's family. I could see the love and respect that each of you had for your mother, and you all were valuable team members. We will miss her, but always have fond, and many funny, memories of her time with us. Jessica

August 07, 2018

By dixon family

I have had 3 family members in Sommerset, my mom was the longest she was always treated with such dignity & they respected the residents. I would highly recommend the facility to anyone!! They were served hot meals , had activities & always had entertainment come in for the residents!! My mom always loved the singers . Rooms were excellent- you could decorate & make them feel like home. Prices were the best , I checked and searched for a good place for my family & the minute I walked into the facility I knew it was for my mom, dad and mother in law!!!

Ms. Dixon, Thank you for sharing your mother, father, and mother in-law with us over the years. We have so many care givers who work so hard everyday to love and care for our residents and it means so much to read your positive review. It truly does take an all hands on approach to care for our residents. Families must partner with facility staff to get the best outcomes. You were always engaged, supportive, and present. Please do stop by to visit as often as you can. Jessica

June 25, 2018

By Pam Philpott

When I went to Sommerset with my daughter, we met with Connie. She made us feel so comfortable and answered all of our questions. I had known others who had been and others who are still residents there, so I knew of all the wonderful amenities available and I had peace. The room fit my husband's needs completely. Large, clean, refrig, microwave, kitchen sink, hugh walk-in shower with adjustable shower head, handicap bars, many cabinets throughout, cable, mini-blinds, able to decorate, however you want, to make it feel like home. Staff to do any repairs needed including cleaning and refilling my husband's bird and squirrel feeder. Rooms are cleaned, sheets changed and laundry done once a week. I love the fact that there are two rooms available that families can use for special gatherings with a reservation at no additional cost. Rooms to do puzzles or play games, library, gazebo with patio furniture so you can relax and visit, the facility is decorated for different seasons of the year. church services, different groups that come in to entertain, therapy dogs that come to visit, special recognition to our veterans, fresh popcorn once a week.To have peace of mind that I can text or call the head nurse Dee if I have any questions or concerns and she responds in a timely manner. She even came to see me the day of my heart surgery. She cares about the residents and their families. The entire staff, including Linda, Jessica, Cheryl, Mike, Ashley, Frances, Janice, George, the kitchen staff, everyone are remarkable. I couldn't ask for a better facility.

Mrs. Philpott, Thank you for your generous review! I want to personally thank you for trusting us to care for your husband. We are so fortunate to have so many dedicated care-givers and directors that go above and beyond for our residents. We are also fortunate to have so many family members such as you to support our residents, and our efforts to care for them.

May 15, 2018

By Dian P

Our mother was suffering from memory loss and Sommerset was highly recommended by a friend whose mother-in-law had lived there. We set up tour and liked what we saw. After an evaluation we moved her into the memory care unit. Her room was large enough for all her needs, bed, couch,dresser and tv. The unit was very clean and beautifully decorated. They had in house laundry, a nice gathering room with areas for dining or tv watching or visiting with family. There is also a storm shelter. There were 3 meals a day and they were very good. The residents were well taken care of and kept clean. They have in house pharmacy which saved us so much time. Special attention to birthdays, holidays with family events planned for many occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. Thank you Evonne and others that worked so hard to make those events happen. There are church services on Sunday for any that want to attend. There was always plenty of caregivers there, they were kind and attentive. Many have been there for years. They have daily activities planned, there is a beauty shop and a store. We got to attend a monthly class on dementia which helped us to understand more about our Moms Alzheimers condition, put on by the staff, with guest speakers. That opened our eyes to her condition and was so helpful. We grew to love and be loved by so many that works here. We were welcome to come as often as we wanted and to participate in all events. We appreciate those in memory care and thank you for all you did for mom.

December 20, 2017

By Pattye *

I don't do many reviews or postings on line, but its that time of year when you are grateful for those that care for loved ones. I reviewed Sommerset over a year ago, and my Aunt is still a current resident. I just wanted to share again and say Thank You to the staff and management. Thank you Felita, Director of Housekeeping what a Great and caring staff you have. You don't just make sure the rooms are nice and clean, but you interact and care about the residents. The Thanksgiving Dinner was Great, the Christmas Party very nice, and all the lights and decorations. Thank you for making Sommerset a second Home for those that can't quite remember there first. Pattye

July 26, 2017

By kndlee

My mother entered Sommerset March 2017. Due to her declining health she was placed in Progressive care. It was very comforting to know she had care 24 hours a day. Since her health has greatly improved with the care she has received, and physical therapy, she will be moving to the Assisted Living at Sommerset. The staff has always friendly and caring, not only to the residents, but also to the family members. The facility was renovated about 2 years ago and is not only beautiful but very clean in all phases of the community. From your visit with Connie F, Community Relations, you will know this is the right place for your loved one, and yourself.

June 18, 2016

By Ron161704

We placed my mother at Sommerset Assisted Living Residence. The people are very friendly, and the place is very clean. We chose it because the location and pricing were right. They provide the prescription service, weekly laundry, clean-up care, and three square meals in a very nice dining room. They have some entertainment come in and therapy pretty much every day.

June 10, 2016

By Phillip360672

Sommerset was rebuilding and redoing the residence, so it’s a little messed up. They’re under new management. The rooms were of the same design as the other communities. The residents were really good and said it was really a good place to stay. They have safe rooms, which was a good thing. The staff tried to answer all of our questions, and a lot of them were long-term employees, like 16 years.

January 26, 2016

By A Visitor1

My mother has been at Sommerset Neighborhood for 3 months. It seemed like a less clinical environment, more homey, and they weren’t part of a huge chain. I saw more residents out in small groups doing stuff there. They had a nice dining area that was open, and people were there doing things; talking and moving around so it looked ,and felt comfortable to me. They have 2 stages of assisted living, then they have a third stage which is halfway between assisted living, and a nursing home. They also have a memory impairment unit. Sommerset has been there for 25 or 30 years, and the staff is very consistent. They’ve been there for a long time;15 to 20 years for housekeeping, and 20 years for the coordinator. I talked to one lady in the parking lot. Her husband’s mother had been there for 3 or 4 years, and then she put her mother there. Everybody I talked to was very happy. The other thing I liked about the Sommerset is they have in-place tornado shelters so they have above-ground concrete vaults. Almost no places have that. What I also like is there is a registered nurse who owns it. I did like the local ownership. They just recently sold it to a chain which is headquartered in Albuquerque. The people who work there run it.

July 20, 2014

Sommerset was the one that we were thinking about putting our mom in. The staff was great. They gave us a tour, and the lady was very nice. We came in there unannounced, we just kind of dropped in, and the receptionist was very nice. She gave us a tour, and we saw one room, which was very nice. I was very impressed with the size of the room, with the bathroom, and the closet. I don't think my mother would feel claustrophobic in any kind of way, and it would feel like her own little apartment. There was room for a bed, for a sofa, and anything that she could put in there. They had a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave. Everything was spotless. We were there at dinnertime and they had a variety of foods for the residents to choose from. They had a garden area for the residents to visit and sit outside in. The doors were all secured.

May 18, 2012

By Dan3

I thought that the staff there where always in good spirits with the residents there even if they themselves were having some personal issues going on at the time. For example I over heard one of the staff members talking to another staff member about a situation that they were dealing with outside there work, no residents were around, and the way they conducted themselves around the residents was very professional. I've been to other homes where the staff will talk on their cell phones and to other staff in front of residents instead of paying attention to the residents or let what's going on in their personal life affect their attitude and behavior toward the residents and I don't think that's right. At Sommerset I didn't experience that. The staff was very kind and gave the residents the time and attention they deserved and needed. They weren't understaffed either which makes a big difference. The residents themslves also appeared happy and in good spirits themselves which to me is a refection on how they're beening taken care of at a facility. I also didn't see anyone complaining to a staff member or about a staff member, they would either be requesting or discussing a matter, calmly.

Memory Care Reviews for Sommerset Neighborhood

Costs for Sommerset Neighborhood

Photos of Sommerset Neighborhood

Services and Amenities of Sommerset Neighborhood

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: AL 1402-1402

About Sommerset Neighborhood

Around the clock, seven days a week, residents of Sommerset Assisted Living & Memory Care residences have access to the individualized attention they need in their daily lives, provided by Oklahoma City's finest licensed and certified nursing staff.

with their own private suites and the freedom to make their own decisions, they exercise a degree of control over their lives not afforded by conventional nursing home care in the Oklahoma City metro area, including Moore, Mustang and Norman.

From each of the Sommerset Neighborhood apartments, courtyards are accessible for each Care Level. In the Memory Care area, the outdoor courtyard is secured and alarmed.

Our Suites Feature:

• 24 hour Emergency Response System which signals staff immediately
  • Smoke Detectors and Fire Sprinkler System
  • Wall to Wall carpeting and decorator window coverings
  • Pre-wired for telephone
  • Ample closet space
  • Step-in Showers with safety grab bars
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • Safe Room / Storm Shelter

We are a not-for-profit faith based community. It is our mission to enhance the well-being and quality of life for older persons with competency, compassion and ethical behavior.

Map of Sommerset Neighborhood