Sommerset Neighborhood

Sommerset Neighborhood (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Sommerset Neighborhood

Assisted Living Reviews for Sommerset Neighborhood

July 20, 2014

Sommerset was the one that we were thinking about putting our mom in. The staff was great. They gave us a tour, and the lady was very nice. We came in there unannounced, we just kind of dropped in, and the receptionist was very nice. She gave us a tour, and we saw one room, which was very nice. I was very impressed with the size of the room, with the bathroom, and the closet. I don't think my mother would feel claustrophobic in any kind of way, and it would feel like her own little apartment. There was room for a bed, for a sofa, and anything that she could put in there. They had a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave. Everything was spotless. We were there at dinnertime and they had a variety of foods for the residents to choose from. They had a garden area for the residents to visit and sit outside in. The doors were all secured.

May 18, 2012

By Dan3

I thought that the staff there where always in good spirits with the residents there even if they themselves were having some personal issues going on at the time. For example I over heard one of the staff members talking to another staff member about a situation that they were dealing with outside there work, no residents were around, and the way they conducted themselves around the residents was very professional. I've been to other homes where the staff will talk on their cell phones and to other staff in front of residents instead of paying attention to the residents or let what's going on in their personal life affect their attitude and behavior toward the residents and I don't think that's right. At Sommerset I didn't experience that. The staff was very kind and gave the residents the time and attention they deserved and needed. They weren't understaffed either which makes a big difference. The residents themslves also appeared happy and in good spirits themselves which to me is a refection on how they're beening taken care of at a facility. I also didn't see anyone complaining to a staff member or about a staff member, they would either be requesting or discussing a matter, calmly.

Costs for Sommerset Neighborhood

Photos of Sommerset Neighborhood

Services and Amenities of Sommerset Neighborhood

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: AL 1402-1402

About Sommerset Neighborhood

Around the clock, seven days a week, residents of Sommerset Assisted Living & Memory Care residences have access to the individualized attention they need in their daily lives, provided by Oklahoma City's finest licensed and certified nursing staff.

with their own private suites and the freedom to make their own decisions, they exercise a degree of control over their lives not afforded by conventional nursing home care in the Oklahoma City metro area, including Moore, Mustang and Norman.

From each of the Sommerset Neighborhood apartments, courtyards are accessible for each Care Level. In the Memory Care area, the outdoor courtyard is secured and alarmed.

Our Suites Feature:

• 24 hour Emergency Response System which signals staff immediately
  • Smoke Detectors and Fire Sprinkler System
  • Wall to Wall carpeting and decorator window coverings
  • Pre-wired for telephone
  • Ample closet space
  • Step-in Showers with safety grab bars
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • Safe Room / Storm Shelter

We are a not-for-profit faith based community. It is our mission to enhance the well-being and quality of life for older persons with competency, compassion and ethical behavior.

Map of Sommerset Neighborhood