Chesterwood Village

Reviews of Chesterwood Village

Independent Living Reviews for Chesterwood Village

June 11, 2017

By Karen03

As Chesterwood has grown over the years, the rent has increased substantially, once 10% in one year. As the rent increases, the services and amenities have declined. The food is barely palatable and the nutritional balance is lacking as they do not have a dietician on staff. Most of the staff is very pleasant, but the value for what you pay has just gone downhill.

September 11, 2016

By Clark506814

Chesterwood was very nice, and there was no problem, except that there was a buy-in a little bit steeper than what we wanted to put down. The staff was absolutely great and very nice.

June 10, 2016

By DM232778

Chesterwood was very good. The staff was very nice, took a lot of time with us, and showed us a lot of different things. They had menus and a buffet-style dining room. They had multiple types of dining and quite a few activities like games, crafts, and movies. They had a library, a salon, physical therapy, a theater, and an ice cream bar.

September 29, 2015

By James112931350

I’m going to Chesterwood Village. It’s a very nice place. The food smelled good. They have a lot of activities, the ladies go out shopping and the men go to sports outings, golf outings, or casinos. The rooms seemed real nice, they had patio homes, but they were pretty well filled up.

September 29, 2015

We visited Chesterwood, which is the second best that we like. They offer a really good physical therapy and workout area. They were so good that they can actually take people from outside of Chesterwood to provide physical therapy for us, so they really are set up for good physical therapy. The staff was very helpful.

August 31, 2015

Mom ended up being at Chesterwood Village; she’s all set and comfortable. When my father passed away, she just moved into a different unit there. They have everything; they have independent-living, assisted living, dementia units, and nursing units. They have apartments, condos, and a patio home. It’s an upscale neighborhood, and it’s an upscale facility. The staff is excellent so far. She enjoys the coffee, breakfast, the bingos at night, and the Wednesday outings with the other independent-living residents. She enjoys the shuttle that goes to the stores a couple of times a week. She enjoys the parties that they have every week and the facilities they have there.

Nursing Home Reviews for Chesterwood Village

January 03, 2015

Chesterwood Village is a very nice facility. My mother is in independent, and my father is in rehab right now. The dining room is very clean, and the food is just OK. The staff is extremely friendly in the dining area. They have a movie theater and a lot of common areas like a coffee area. It's a very cute community.

December 02, 2014

By Peggie1

I was at Chesterwood Village for rehab. The whole facility was great, and the people who work there from the housekeeping all the way up to the nurses, and doctors were very pleasant and very helpful with anything you needed. They were just all excellent; the place was excellent, and the people were excellent. If you need rehabilitation or nursing care, this would be one of the places I would recommend for you to go.

January 29, 2014

By Nancy72372050

Mom stayed at Chesterwood for rehab for about 10 days. An flu epidemic went through and she wasn’t treated correctly. As far as the facility goes, I think it’s a nice place. Her accommodation is fine and she had a private room. With regards to the food, all she would eat would be grilled cheese sandwich as she would not eat their other food. I feel that the staff is not as attentive, so I would recommend that they need to be more attentive with their patients.

November 20, 2013

Chesterwood Village was a very nice facility. My mom was in their rehab side a couple of times over the last few years. The food was very good. They seemed to have quite a few activities there as well. The only downside with this one was that their apartments were small. They have lot of one-room efficiency apartments but I prefer something a little bigger. They did have some bigger ones but they're not as big as I would like.

September 04, 2013

By saturn8827

I recently spent two weeks at Chesterwood Village and regretted the stay. They talk about well apointed rooms. I have had better rooms on aboard a ship when I was in the Navy. The food was so bland and barely warm. I must admit the staff was good, but the physical thearpy was minimal. I never saw half of the equipment that they mention in their ads.

May 19, 2013

By Jorge1

I was very impressed with Chesterwood Village. It had more amenities than the other facilities we've visited, and the staff was just as friendly and accommodating.

June 01, 2011

By Zelda4

Friend or relative of resident

My Grandfather stayed at Chesterwood for several years due to Parkinson's disease, and I must say, they do a great job. Not only did my grandfather receive excellent care, but he also had freedom that most other assisted living facilities don't offer. They offer a full restaurant, pet shop, ice cream par lour, pool tables, and much more. Not only did it feel like home, even for myself, it felt like a community. My grandfather had friends that would come and visit him inside Chesterwood, or friends that he would take strolls with throughout the facility. Personally I would suggest Chesterwood to anyone considering himself or herself or a relative for a nursing home. Great quality, great facility, great faculty.

Services and Amenities of Chesterwood Village

About Chesterwood Village

Chesterwood Village is a senior living provider in West Chester, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Chesterwood Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Chesterwood Village