Chesterwood Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Chesterwood Village

Independent Living Reviews for Chesterwood Village

June 11, 2017

By Karen03

As Chesterwood has grown over the years, the rent has increased substantially, once 10% in one year. As the rent increases, the services and amenities have declined. The food is barely palatable and the nutritional balance is lacking as they do not have a dietician on staff. Most of the staff is very pleasant, but the value for what you pay has just gone downhill.

May 24, 2017

By cvg03

When I moved in to independent living there were so many special services offered. Most of those are now gone. I miss having the option of calling someone 24 hours a day if something goes wrong. One resident had her washing machine hose rupture in the night and the water continued to flood her apartment until the office opened in the morning. I know it is "independent" living but I never used to feel so alone. There is no call button. They took that away along with a lot of other amenities and the rent continues to go up, up, up. The only good thing about the food is I have been able to lose weight because the food is just dreadful and they do not seem to care that everyone is complaining about the food. The staff is nice but there is a lot of turnover.

September 30, 2016

By Kaki1234

My mother is in independent living and has been living there for over 8 years. Last year the rent went up $300 and less than a year later it went up another $200. The food is almost inedible but the residents are not allowed to complain about the food. There were a lot more accommodations 8 years ago. It seems the higher the rent goes up, the fewer services are provided. Many are moving out due to the rent increases, the awful food, and the fact that fewer and fewer services are offered. The doctor and nurse are absolutely awesome, but he is only there one day a week. Housekeeping and the waitresses are very nice.

September 11, 2016

By Clark506814

Chesterwood was very nice, and there was no problem, except that there was a buy-in a little bit steeper than what we wanted to put down. The staff was absolutely great and very nice.

June 10, 2016

By DM232778

Chesterwood was very good. The staff was very nice, took a lot of time with us, and showed us a lot of different things. They had menus and a buffet-style dining room. They had multiple types of dining and quite a few activities like games, crafts, and movies. They had a library, a salon, physical therapy, a theater, and an ice cream bar.

September 29, 2015

By James112931350

I’m going to Chesterwood Village. It’s a very nice place. The food smelled good. They have a lot of activities, the ladies go out shopping and the men go to sports outings, golf outings, or casinos. The rooms seemed real nice, they had patio homes, but they were pretty well filled up.

September 29, 2015

We visited Chesterwood, which is the second best that we like. They offer a really good physical therapy and workout area. They were so good that they can actually take people from outside of Chesterwood to provide physical therapy for us, so they really are set up for good physical therapy. The staff was very helpful.

August 31, 2015

Mom ended up being at Chesterwood Village; she’s all set and comfortable. When my father passed away, she just moved into a different unit there. They have everything; they have independent-living, assisted living, dementia units, and nursing units. They have apartments, condos, and a patio home. It’s an upscale neighborhood, and it’s an upscale facility. The staff is excellent so far. She enjoys the coffee, breakfast, the bingos at night, and the Wednesday outings with the other independent-living residents. She enjoys the shuttle that goes to the stores a couple of times a week. She enjoys the parties that they have every week and the facilities they have there.

February 10, 2015

By Bethannn

I really like everything about Chesterwood village but the food, they have changed the menu and sadly worse, for the cost of living there they should be able to hire a chef that can prepare fresh vegetables and a nice piece of meat. The desserts are cheap sweet things no one wants, feel bad that the people who can't drive are stuff with no options.

January 03, 2015

Chesterwood Village is a very nice facility. My mother is in independent, and my father is in rehab right now. The dining room is very clean, and the food is just OK. The staff is extremely friendly in the dining area. They have a movie theater and a lot of common areas like a coffee area. It's a very cute community.

December 02, 2014

By Peggie1

I was at Chesterwood Village for rehab. The whole facility was great, and the people who work there from the housekeeping all the way up to the nurses, and doctors were very pleasant and very helpful with anything you needed. They were just all excellent; the place was excellent, and the people were excellent. If you need rehabilitation or nursing care, this would be one of the places I would recommend for you to go.

January 29, 2014

By Nancy72372050

Mom stayed at Chesterwood for rehab for about 10 days. An flu epidemic went through and she wasn’t treated correctly. As far as the facility goes, I think it’s a nice place. Her accommodation is fine and she had a private room. With regards to the food, all she would eat would be grilled cheese sandwich as she would not eat their other food. I feel that the staff is not as attentive, so I would recommend that they need to be more attentive with their patients.

November 20, 2013

Chesterwood Village was a very nice facility. My mom was in their rehab side a couple of times over the last few years. The food was very good. They seemed to have quite a few activities there as well. The only downside with this one was that their apartments were small. They have lot of one-room efficiency apartments but I prefer something a little bigger. They did have some bigger ones but they're not as big as I would like.

September 04, 2013

By saturn8827

I recently spent two weeks at Chesterwood Village and regretted the stay. They talk about well apointed rooms. I have had better rooms on aboard a ship when I was in the Navy. The food was so bland and barely warm. I must admit the staff was good, but the physical thearpy was minimal. I never saw half of the equipment that they mention in their ads.

May 19, 2013

By Jorge1

I was very impressed with Chesterwood Village. It had more amenities than the other facilities we've visited, and the staff was just as friendly and accommodating.

June 01, 2011

By Zelda4

Friend or relative of resident

My Grandfather stayed at Chesterwood for several years due to Parkinson's disease, and I must say, they do a great job. Not only did my grandfather receive excellent care, but he also had freedom that most other assisted living facilities don't offer. They offer a full restaurant, pet shop, ice cream par lour, pool tables, and much more. Not only did it feel like home, even for myself, it felt like a community. My grandfather had friends that would come and visit him inside Chesterwood, or friends that he would take strolls with throughout the facility. Personally I would suggest Chesterwood to anyone considering himself or herself or a relative for a nursing home. Great quality, great facility, great faculty.

Memory Care Reviews for Chesterwood Village

Costs for Chesterwood Village

Photos of Chesterwood Village

Services and Amenities of Chesterwood Village

• Housing Extra: Detached Homes.

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

• State Licenses: Lic 2322R

About Chesterwood Village

Chesterwood Village, located at 8073 Tylersville Road in West Chester, Ohio, is situated on 20 acres and the largest of the Hillandale Family of Community facilities. It’s a Continuous Care Retirement Community offering a complete range of living solutions with NO ENTRANCE FEES.

Chesterwood is currently home to:

• Assisted Living Suites
  • Patio Homes
  • Luxury Apartments
  • Long-Term Nursing Care
  • Respite Services
  • Memory-Assisted Care
  • State-of-the-Art Rehabilitation and Therapy
  • Main Street

Independent Senior Living is something everyone understands. After all, you’ve been doing your whole life. It means living life the way you want to – doing what you want, when you want, how you want, and with whom you want.

You can choose a spacious patio home with it’s own garage, plenty of privacy, and a friendly neighborhood feel or a luxurious apartment with a studio, one-bedroom, or two bedroom floor plan. Both offer monthly leases and NO ENTRANCE FEES.

Assisted Living Care

Our Assisted Living Care facilities are called Ashley Place and they feature an independent environment, with assurance that help is nearby. Individualized care is designed with concern and compassion to promote the highest level of physical, spiritual and cognitive functioning. Everyone wants to live as enjoyably as possible. Give your loved one the comfort of his or her own daily routine along with the safety and support of assisted living care.

There’s no one-size-fits-all program or environment when it comes to real people in real life. You are an individual and so are the people you care about. That means that your situation, while it may have similarities to others, is bound to be unique.

Resident receives personalized care suited to his or her individual wants and needs. While all of our family members deserve the same love and respect, they also deserve a special collection of personal care options that fits the way they want to live.

From keeping things clean and serving nutritious meals to helping organize medications and maintain good hygiene, we care about the same things that you do. Plus we have the benefit of a direct connection to doctors, specialists, and other healthcare professionals that may be needed.

Memory Care Assisted Living

Our memories can be some of the most personal and precious things we carry with us. And when they begin to fade, the effects can be devastating. Unfortunately science is still wrestling with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. So, while we eagerly await a cure, there are things we can do to bring comfort in the meantime.

Our Memory Care Assisted Living facilities are called Chelsea Place and they feature Memory Care in an Assisted Living environment. This approach creates a peaceful setting with the assurance that help is nearby.

Chesterwood Village, is conveniently located at 8073 Tylersville Road in West Chester Township, Ohio across from Voice of America Park. This location features a variety of living solutions with NO ENTRANCE FEES and easy access from Interstate 75 via the the Butler County Regional Highway 129.

Map of Chesterwood Village