38 Assisted Living Facilities near Mason, OH
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mason area, with 5 in Mason and 33 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mason is $3,740 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Lebanon with an average starting cost of $3,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 280 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mason. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mason 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Loveland with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Mason find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mason, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mason, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mason
Mason, Ohio is part of the Cincinnati-Dayton metropolitan region, and in 2013 was ranked the seventh-best place to live in the United States by Money magazine. An estimated 14.5 percent of the population is over 65, and it's well-served by four assisted living facilities in Mason and 42 in nearby communities, including Deerfield, Cincinnati and West Chester.
Residential care facilities in Mason are licensed and monitored by the Ohio Department of Health, which offers different levels of licensing depending on the number of residents and the care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mason
- The cost of living in Mason is around 5.5 percent higher than the national average, although this is mainly due to the high cost of housing. Seniors will find that their main expenses, including groceries, transportation and health care, are less expensive than both the Ohio and U.S. averages.
- Mason is safer than 67 percent of U.S. cities, and Neighborhood Scout ranks it as one of the countries top 100 safest cities. Violent crime occurs at a rate of less than 0.2 per 1,000 residents, compared to the state average of 3. Property crime is also well below the Ohio average of 25, occurring at a rate of just 9.99 per 1,000 residents.
- Public transportation in Mason is provided by Cincinnati's Metro system, and seniors over 65 are eligible for half-price fares. There is also an Access program available for people unable to ride regular Metro buses.
- Seniors receiving a Social Security retirement income will not have to pay income tax in Ohio. Income from retirement funds and pensions are subject to income tax, but tax credits are available. Sales taxes in Ohio are also slightly above the national average, which can put budget pressure on seniors receiving a fixed income.
- Although information regarding particle pollution wasn't collected, the American Lung Association gave Warren County, including Mason, a failing grade for ozone pollution. This may be an important consideration for seniors with respiratory conditions.
- The Mason area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in West Chester.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mason
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Mason start around $3,715 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mason and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mason
Seniors in assisted living facilities in Mason may be able to receive financial assistance. The Optional State Supplement is available to eligible people receiving a Social Security Income. In addition, Ohio's Assisted Living Program can help with the costs associated with assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mason
Mason and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mason, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mason
Mason-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mason, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mason
Review of Anthology of Mason
The Sheridan at Mason was very modern and very fresh. They had good activities and engagement with the seniors. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was very good. It was very easy to ... Read more
Review of The Landing of Long Cove
My mom is at The Landing of Long Cove, and some of our experiences there were good. She likes the people, her room is always clean, and she likes the food, but I could barely get information on my ... Read more
Review of The Landing of Long Cove
We went to visit The Landing of Long Cove. I just didn't like the way it was setup when you walk in. You see all these people in wheelchairs looking at you. It's a little bit intimidating, and my m... Read more