Barrington of West Chester

Reviews of Barrington of West Chester

Assisted Living Reviews for Barrington of West Chester

July 08, 2019

By Barbara

I checked out Barrington of West Chester. It was beautiful, lovely, and the sales staff was very nice. However, they can't take care of my husband at his level, and they said he needed care beyond assisted living. Three of them went to our place to assess him. I saw an apartment, and they had nurses' station on each floor. It's a top-notch facility, it has all kinds of activities, and they go on trips and have transportation as well. They have a lot of community space, and larger rooms where you can meet other people. They encourage you to not be in your apartment all the time. They have a beautiful dining room, and the menu looked great.

Barbara-- Thank you for leaving such a detailed review of our community. As you continue your search for the right home, we hope you still look to us as a resource, and know that your review is a valuable resource to families making difficult decisions for their loved ones too. We wish you and your husband all the best in finding a new home.

March 19, 2019

By Kathy

My mother moved into Barrington of West Chester last February 7. I should have moved her there years ago; it was fabulous. It has so much going on, it's very social, everybody is out of their room, and everybody is smiling. Everybody is treated with respect. The meals, the food is fabulous, and they just do everything they can to help you. They have everything, there are people who lived independently and do not pay for extra services of assisted living, and you can choose the level of care. Their calendar is amazing, they have breakfast from 8am to 9am, at 9:30 they have coffee cake and coffee at the far lobby area, and everybody gathers around the TV and socialize. They have walking with Parkinson's, chair volleyball, Bridge club, Dominos, and a happy hour at 4 pm. It sounds expensive, but when you compare the square footage, amenities, and things, they're very comparable.

Hi Kathy! We think this community is pretty special too! Thank you for sharing those kind words with us.

December 20, 2015

By Debbie117060350

I went to visit Barrington of West Chester, and it was great. The staff was very cordial. Their apartments were very nice and clean. Their dining room is restaurant style.

December 30, 2014

By Sue100501650

My top facility out of six that I visited for my friend was called The Barrington. This place was excellent. I would definitely go there if I needed to. I think it was the friendliest one I visited. The tour was great. The apartments were nice and big. It was just a very pleasant place to be in. They have lots of activities, bus trips, and games. In terms of living environment, I like the places they lived in. I love the dining room, which had waitress service there. They had a cocktail hour and a coffee morning. They had everything.

December 31, 2013

We visited Barrington and it was very nice. Everything looked clean and up-to-date like you would expect if you were renting an apartment. In fact, it is better than some apartment buildings. The lady that gave me a tour and who checked up on us and helped out as much as she could was excellent. She's very professional, warn and caring. They had a lot of amenities. They had coffee and pastries in the morning. They had a beautiful eating area that looked like a restaurant.

November 27, 2013

By Lynn21

My mother-in-law lived in Barrington for three years. The physical building is beautiful. It's stunningly decorated and it is gorgeous. The people that live in the building are not friendly. The activities are – it’s next to nothing to do. My mother-in-law did not like it at all even though she picked it and it was beautiful. She wouldn’t go down for dinner because she does not like the food on a normal basis.

November 26, 2013

By billmonroe

very nice and clean, only a couple years old, rooms are huge, about 700 sq ft, worth a look in this area

Independent Living Reviews for Barrington of West Chester

May 23, 2012

By siouxbee

My mother moved into the independent living portion of Barrington two years ago. The facility is beautifully maintained and the staff are caring. This past February we had to step up her care to Assisted Living. At the onstart of this service there were several bumps (meds not given at the proper time, etc). Over the past 4 months, the Assisted Living help has improved; however, sometimes it feels as if there is no defiined administration of the staff or the methods to administer help. We have had one issue of an overpayment of rent and it was somewhat difficult to find out where the erroneously issued check had gone. But in the end it was all taken care of.....just took 6 phone calls. The chef at this facility is great; food very tasty and nutritious. Lots of activities for the residents. Overall a very nice facility.

Costs for Barrington of West Chester

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Licenses: 2495R

About Barrington of West Chester

Senior assisted living at Barrington of West Chester offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Barrington of West Chester, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in West Chester has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Barrington of West Chester, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Barrington of West Chester offers independent living in West Chester for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Barrington of West Chester will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™

Washer/dryer in each apartment. Wide-variety of programs featuring weekly lunch outings to nearby popular restaurants and daily happy hour in our lounge. Outdoor patio for dining, reading and entertaining friends. Monthly lunch cookouts all year around

Map of Barrington of West Chester