Brookdale Westerville

6377 Cooper Road, Columbus, OH 43231
Brookdale Westerville (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 11 days

Seasons change, but your rates don't have to. Move in by December 17, 2021, and lock in your monthly rate until 2023. Plus, get $1,000 per month off your first three months! Restrictions apply; ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Westerville

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Westerville

August 21, 2015

As far as the rooms, they were clean and adequate as far as a bed. This was a double room that I saw with two twin beds, and it is nothing like what my parents are used to, so it would be a downsize from their home certainly. Brookdale Westerville looked like a remodeled facility. Their entrance way was pleasant, so I would give it a four for its appearance.

June 26, 2014

By Robert87978750

Sterling House Westerville is number 1 on my list right now. It looks very much like a large home, but it still looks like a home rather than a hospital setting. It also had an Alzheimer's unit that's associated with it that they can move to. The staff is very friendly. I was really pleased with all the staff. I like that the interior courtyards were accessible from the individual rooms and they could go out into it, weather appropriate. It's also enclosed.

April 25, 2014

By Ray14

Sterling House was a little more expensive, but not that much more. I saw the dining room and talked to a couple of members of the staff. They all seemed to be very nice. They play cards, bingo, and they have entertainers come in throughout the month. The dining facility may have been a little different. They had tables and I think they had small dining areas, which made it feel a little homier rather than institutionalized.

October 09, 2013

Sterling House has assisted living and memory care. It's a small facility but very clean and well-taken care of. They have nice rooms. I saw a room with very large closet and pretty good-sized bathroom and another room where the bed and the living area were. I've talked to some of the residents and they're very happy there. They did have activities going on with the people. The community did have a lot of staff and they seemed to be pretty friendly. We also went into their memory care, which was a lockdown unit. I was really impressed with it because they did have a lot of staff for their memory care residents. They only have nine residents but they have two aides to one at all times. Overall, Sterling House is a great community!

July 31, 2013

By Terry13

We chose Sterling House of Westerville because of its size and the caring staff that I met prior to the decision. It is not so large that it would be hard for an older person to adjust to. The building is well cared for and the living facility seems to be nice. They are able to maintain it in a very good condition. It has an interior courtyard so that people could go outside in a secure environment. My mother got a one-bedroom apartment, which is next to the largest one that they have available and it is very spacious. They have individual and group activities every day. They have published calendar that they send out monthly to the family and the residents. They have arts and crafts, they do bingo, they have hangman, they watch television together. The general living room space are well and put to good use by variety of activities. The only thing that I don't like particularly well is that they, for good reasons, have limited access. You have to ring the bell to be admitted to the facility even if you are a residents there is no immediate access on either entering or exiting the facility on your own. Someone has to come and do that for you. The food does lack some creativity and could be improved upon. But I am happy with where my mom is right now and my mom is also happy. I recommend them to others.

September 12, 2012

By reviewer198778

THe staff was very kind and courteous, the look and feel of the facility was pretty decent. Didnt see a lot of activities to keep the residents engaged

May 31, 2012

By Velegar

The facility could have been better, but it was very great. There was a few rooms for the residents to go and have fun in. This is where caroling took place and the residents reacted very well. The residents seemed happy and this made me think the facility and workers may have been fairly nice. There was a smell that could have been better taken care of in the facility. Overall, it was really great though. We went around and sang to residents in their rooms as well and the rooms were nice. The food was good as well. The facility was pretty wonderful.

April 04, 2012

By toylise

My grandmother was a resident of this facility I felt thta the amenties of this property were top notch. In the process of trying to find an assisted living center for her we felt extremely guilty in not being able to car efor her ourselves. However upon visiting this facility we were put at ease to find that she was in great care.The amenities included several things such as a beauty shop, laundry service, library, and even an ice cream shop. My grandmother loved ice cream so it was definitely a great selling point. One drawback I would say is that the units are sort of small for the price. But the caare and service the staff provides is top notch. SO i mostly definitely would say the cost is derived from the amenities and the staff.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

My family decided to admit my Grandmother to the Sterling House of Westerville last year after she suffered a major stroke and was no longer able to take care of herself. After countless visits to the home, I became very familiar with the facility and got to know many of the staff members by name. Sterling has a fairly pleasant environment; the facility was always clean and the temperature seemed consistent and well regulated. One thing that bothered me, however, was the hospital-type-feel that was immediately evident upon entering. The building smells and looks like a hospital- even the staff are dressed like hospital employees. Nonetheless the staff was always very nice and helpful with my Grandmother. The food was also surprisingly very good- I ate there myself on several occasions and had a good, well balanced meal each time. Over all I would give Sterling House of Westerville a 3 Star Rating.

June 24, 2011

By four

I just recently had a tour of the Sterling House of Westerville in Columbus. They offer really great programs to their residents, including Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Sterling House of Westerville is beautifully built and deigned, I really liked the interior setup. It's cozy, comfortable, and neatly cleaned. During my tour, I had the opportunity to speak with some of the residents here. They all said that they enjoy every day at Sterling House of Westerville, and that they wouldn't want to live elsewhere. One resident mentioned the dining is similar to a dinner on a beautiful cruise.

Photos of Brookdale Westerville

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Brookdale Westerville

Brookdale Westerville provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Intimate family setting, newly renovated Assisted living.

Map of Brookdale Westerville