20 Assisted Living Facilities near Lewis Center, OH
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lewis Center area, with 2 in Lewis Center and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lewis Center is $4,275 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Powell with an average starting cost of $3,850.
To help you with your search, browse the 95 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lewis Center. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lewis Center 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Powell with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lewis Center, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lewis Center, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lewis Center
Lewis Center is an unincorporated township located in Delaware County, OH, near Columbus, where seniors can enjoy museums, such as the COSI museum of natural history and a senior fitness center, where adults aged 50 and over enjoy fitness and relaxation programs. There are 26,856 people living in Lewis Center and 6% of them are aged 65 and over. To support seniors in this age group that need assistance with the tasks of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities in Lewis Center and 16 more in nearby communities.
The Ohio Department of Health licenses and regulates assisted living facilities in the Lewis Center and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lewis Center
- The cost of living in Lewis Center is 128. That is 28 points higher than the national average and 40 points higher than the Ohio average, largely due to the high cost of housing, at 182, in Lewis County. High housing expense may indirectly impact the cost of assisted living due to higher operating costs.
- Lewis Center's violent crime rate is 10.8, compared to the U.S. average of 22.7. Its property crime rate is 18.1, which is about half the national average of 35.4. Despite the lower crime rate, seniors living in assisted living facilities in Lewis Center should ask what measures are in place to keep residents secure.
- The temperature range in Lewis Center is 20-85 degrees, making for warm summers and frigid winters. The township receives 39 inches of rainfall each year, on par with the national average of 38, and it receives five inches less snowfall than the national average of 28. Seniors who are sensitive to cold may be uncomfortable in Lewis Center during the coldest days of winter.
- On a scale of 1 to 100 (best), Lewis Center's air quality is 60, two points higher than the national average, so seniors with chronic respiratory conditions may be able to breathe easier here than in similarly sized cities across the country.
- Ohio is moderately tax-friendly toward retirees. Seniors in Lewis Center and the rest of the state don't pay state income tax on Social Security income. However, withdrawals from retirement accounts are fully taxed.
- The Lewis Center area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lewis Center Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lewis Center
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Lewis Center start around $4,275 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lewis Center and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lewis Center
In Lewis Center and all of Ohio, seniors who are eligible for Medicaid can apply for the Ohio Assisted Living Waiver Program to help pay some of the cost of assisted living, such as hygiene, grooming, housekeeping and medication management.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lewis Center
Lewis Center and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lewis Center, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lewis Center
Lewis Center-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lewis Center
Review of The Inn At Bear Trail
My mom was at The Inn At Bear Trail. The experience started off good, but there was a significant turnover in all levels of the facility. The administration totally changed, the nursing staff was n... Read more
Review of The Inn At Bear Trail
We moved my mother in to The Inn at Bear Trail. The layout is wonderful. The staff is great. I have nothing but praise for them. The dining area is very nicely set up and there are three different ... Read more
Review of The Inn At Bear Trail
The Inn at Bear Trail was very welcoming and suited my mother's needs very well. It's all on one floor and has a small community of less than 100 people. The food was excellent and the dining room ... Read more