5 Assisted Living Facilities in Delaware, OH
Also serving communities of Ashley, Marengo.
The average cost of assisted living in Delaware is $4,755 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Lewis Center with an average starting cost of $4,275.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Delaware. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Delaware 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Powell with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Delaware, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Delaware, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Delaware
This suburb of Columbus and county seat of Delaware County is located near the center of Ohio. Delaware provides senior residents with small-town charm and a sweet retreat from the bustling state capitol 30 miles to the south. Delaware is home to a population of approximately 39,900, and about 11.3% of these residents are adults aged 65 and older.
To accommodate its seniors seeking help with daily activities, such as meal prep, housekeeping, medications and transportation, Delaware provides five assisted living communities. In Ohio, these senior retirement communities are called residential care facilities (RCFs), and they come under the governance of the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Delaware
- Delaware is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Delaware area is home to world-class medical facilities, including OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors and their families may be relieved to learn that Delaware’s violent crime rate is half that of the national average. The city scores a 10 on a 100-point scale, while the U.S. average is 22.7. Property crime in Delaware scores 34.1, a bit lower than the national average of 35.4.
- Delaware has an array of community resources for seniors, including SourcePoint, which provides older adults in Delaware County with a large variety of services and programs. These include transportation to medical appointments, help with chores, trips, and fun and fitness in the 44,000-square-foot enrichment center.
- Seniors may get more for their money in Delaware when it comes to groceries and health care costs, which are 7% and 8% lower than the national averages, respectively. They typically pay about 10% more for transportation, however.
- The American Lung Association grades all of Delaware County a “B” for ozone pollution, which means seniors can often enjoy outdoor activities without putting their health at risk. Those with respiratory conditions or cardiovascular disease should monitor air quality closely for fluctuations before exerting themselves.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Delaware
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Delaware start around $4,755 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Delaware and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Delaware
Delaware seniors eligible for Medicaid may receive help covering the costs of select services in a participating residential care facility through Ohio's Assisted Living Waiver Program. The program pays for services, such as personal care, medication assistance, housekeeping and skilled nursing, but does not cover room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Delaware
Delaware and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Delaware, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Delaware
Delaware-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Delaware, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Delaware
Review of Delaware Court
The staff are terribly overworked. One long weekend left a resident with swollen lower legs to the extent her skin was breaking apart, she was bleeding, and crying for help with the pain. The RN ... Read more
Review of Willow Brook Christian Village
Willow Brook Christian Village is a nice and clean community. It was a much older community and more established. They have a very nice room and art room. They also have a very nice program. I thin... Read more
Review of The Inn at Olentangy Trail
They saved mom's life! She fell, pulled light. Got help in seconds!!! Check on residents every morning. Read more