44 Assisted Living Facilities near Worthington, OH
There are 44 Assisted Living Facilities in the Worthington area, with 3 in Worthington and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Worthington is $3,954 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Lewis Center with an average starting cost of $2,995.
To help you with your search, browse the 272 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Worthington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Worthington 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Plain City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Worthington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Worthington, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Worthington
Worthington, located along the Scioto River in central Ohio, has a New England feel with its brick sidewalks and village green, both ideal locations for the area’s 2,591 seniors to stroll and enjoy picnic lunches. The city also has three assisted living facilities to accommodate the city’s senior population, along with 36 more located in nearby areas such as Columbus and Westerville. In Worthington, assisted living facilities, known in the region as residential care facilities, are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Worthington
- The cost of living in Worthington is 117.3, notably higher than both the Ohio average of 87.7 and the U.S. average of 100, which is driven mainly by higher housing costs in the area. Seniors can expect to pay less for health care and groceries in the area, although transportation expenses are higher than both the national and state averages at 103.9, something for seniors who rely on public transportation to consider.
- As part of Franklin County, Worthington is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Ohio seniors are not taxed on Social Security benefits, which might leave more money in the assisted living budgets for Worthington seniors.
- The Worthington area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Columbus.
- The low crime rates in Worthington may make seniors feel safer, whether out and about in the city or relaxing at home. The city has a violent crime rating of 9.2 and a property crime rating of 30.7, both lower than the U.S. averages of 22.7 and 25.4, respectively.
- Worthington residents enjoy comfortable summer temperatures of 85 degrees and cooler winters where temperatures dip down to 21, which might make the city an ideal location for seniors who dislike extreme seasonal temperatures.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Worthington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Worthington start around $3,954 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Worthington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Worthington
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Worthington
Worthington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Worthington, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Worthington
Worthington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Worthington, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Worthington
Review of Bickford of Worthington
We have chosen Bickford of Worthington for my dad. My dad knows someone who already lives there. I've met with the folks there, and I liked all the staff. The assisted living area has a bedroom, a ... Read more
Review of Bickford of Worthington
Bickford of Worthington is the one we would choose for my mom. It did not give me the impression of a commercialized or institutional kind of care. It looked more like a home. It was an older facil... Read more
Review of Pete's Place
Pete's Place was nice. They're allowed to have four patients at a time, so she lives with three others. Her room is a lot larger than I thought it would be. They have four pretty-good-sized bedroom... Read more