Willow Brook Christian Village

Reviews of Willow Brook Christian Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Willow Brook Christian Village

December 06, 2014

By elesis98

My grandmother went to Cherith after having a stroke. This place is amazing!! We highly recommend it. My grandmother felt well cared for and she felt like she mattered. Every staff member made her feel at home. This place is wonderful and a true gem!

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Willow Brook Christian Village

May 15, 2012

By thanks anyway

This is a terrible place with absolutely excellent food. I was there for a short stay following hip replacement surgery and was treated well by the hands-on staff, miserably by the higher level staff...some of whom decided at one point that I was 'not receiving the menal support" I needed and moved behind my back (and my family's) to have me committed. It took my surgeon's office and a psychiatric nurse to pronounce me stressed but very very sane. And in this process, and in the process of my difficult recovery from surgery, I was treated condescendingly (I am a college professor) and generally disrespectfully. Except for an exceptional dietitian and, as I said, hands-on-caregivers, management decision makers assumd that i was brainless rather than trying to help me with the extraordinary level of my pain. It took me a while to learn that the physical therapists were in control (actually I was told this by the physician in charge) and that my best chances for decent treatment was to 'do what they said." I tried, and it worked eventually, but never very well (and why was mindless TV running the whole time in the physical therapy room...distracting and intellectually insulting, it seemed to me). I am sorry to write this in case it hurts those few amazing caregivers who treated me so well. But I sure would like to see the kindness, compassion, and consideration implied by the word "Christian" more at work at this institution...then perhaps the outside (the entrance features an absolutely stunning photography exhibit, and the view from most windows is very healing) might match the inside.

July 27, 2011

By patrioticgrandma

My parents live here and receive the best of care. My father is in the Alzheimer's wing now. Everyday, by every person, he is treated with dignity and respect. The nurses and aids deal with the same things over and over, but they do not lose patience. They continue to speak calmly and carefully to each resident. It is a comfort to know that even when I am not there that my father is receiving the care that he needs with the respect he deserves.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (3) See fewer reviews

Costs for Willow Brook Christian Village

Photos of Willow Brook Christian Village

Services and Amenities of Willow Brook Christian Village

• Coffee Shop

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: #2085R

About Willow Brook Christian Village

Welcome to Willow Brook Christian Village

Willow Brook Christian Village is nestled into a hillside on the southern edge of Delaware, Ohio, just off US 23 at 100 Willow Brook Way South.

The first thing you notice when you turn off the highway is that you have just entered a very special place. You curve around trees and a stream, pass over bridges, and view lovely twin-single homes that have lots of space between them, just for breathing room. The neighbors will probably give you a friendly wave.

When you enter the Village Commons apartments, you feel you are stepping into a gracious and welcoming place, one that cares first and foremost about you.

“The Village” has a unique character. Its first residents included many retired faculty members from the local university and seminary. A lot of ministers, teachers, and even mailmen, came, too. Most of these folks were never wealthy, but they put a little away whenever they could and now they are enjoying their retirement in comfort.

When you join Willow Brook, you enter a community of friends:
  • We treasure life, but we’re not crazy about leaf raking, snow shoveling or home improvement.
  • We enjoy a sense of belonging, but we like a little space between our houses.
  • We value trees, ponds, streams, and deer grazing in the meadow.
  • We love a variety of good food and lots of choices.
  • We like moderate prices.
  • We get a kick out of interested and interesting people.
  • We know our good health won’t last forever and want to live where health care services are available should we ever need them.
  • When someone we love enters assisted living or memory care, we like knowing nobody will nickel and dime us to death.
  • We’re relieved to know that the goal at Willow Brook is to keep us as independent and healthy as possible and to support our desire to remain in our home as we recover from illnesses and as we age.
Memory Care

Willow Brook’s memory care centers are designed for people who tend to wander and need a more secure environment. They accommodate the pacing and high energy levels often associated with dementia.

Our memory care centers were created to meet the unique needs of people with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory disorders by providing a simple, uncomplicated daily life with room to safely wander without discouragement, indoors and out. Your loved one enjoys:

• Privacy - all the rooms are large, carpeted, and private, with their own private baths
  • On-time medicine and 24-hour nursing care
  • Dignity-preserving assistance with bathing and personal hygiene
  • Comfort in a homey, carpeted, and clean-smelling environment
  • Escape from boredom through a dynamic activities schedule, as well as local phone and cable TV, Wii, and other events
  • Flexibility in meal choices, times and preferences
  • Homey atmosphere with gentle care and personal attention from specially trained and loving staff members who feel like family
  • Individualized care – activities are personalized to address each person’s unique interests

And you get the peace of mind of knowing that you will have no surprises when the bills come. Willow Brook’s all-inclusive pricing means no surprises at the end of the month. We don’t nickel and dime you.

Willow Brook Christian Communities was founded in 1972 by members of the Churches of Christ in Central Ohio who wanted to expand their ministry to include older adults. They began in Worthington, with a little nursing home on Lazelle Road. Now, forty years later, Willow Brook has three communities, including two continuing care retirement communities that offer comprehensive housing and health services to older adults along the entire continuum of care.

Map of Willow Brook Christian Village