41 Assisted Living Facilities near Gahanna, OH
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gahanna area, with 2 in Gahanna and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gahanna is $4,078 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Reynoldsburg with an average starting cost of $2,760.
To help you with your search, browse the 261 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gahanna. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gahanna 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include New Albany with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Gahanna find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gahanna, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Gahanna, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gahanna
Gahanna, Ohio, is home to several parks, nature reserves, herb gardens, art galleries and museums to entertain the city's 35,297 residents, 14.7 percent of whom are seniors aged 65 or older. Seniors who require facility assistance will find two assisted living facilities located in the city with over 50 others nearby.
In Gahanna and Ohio as a whole, assisted living facilities are called Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) and are overseen by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gahanna
- Gahanna has poor air quality which may make it difficult for seniors with respiratory conditions. On a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality, Gahanna has a score of 50, eight points lower than the national average of 58.
- Gahanna has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Columbus.
- Gahanna’s cost of living is 103.2, over three points higher than the national average of 100, with housing costs being the biggest factor. Although the higher cost of living in the city may not directly affect seniors, it could result in higher facility costs.
- Gahanna’s low crime rates might reassure seniors and their families that Gahanna is one of the safest cities in Ohio. The city has a violent crime rate of 10.3 and a property crime rate of 31.9, both lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Gahanna has a comfortable climate with summer highs of 85 and winter lows of 23. The city receives one more inch of rain and snow each year than the national averages of 39 inches and 26 inches, respectively. Seniors who enjoy watching the seasons change might like living in Gahanna.
- In Gahanna and throughout Ohio, seniors are not taxed on Social Security benefits. However, they are partially taxed on pensions and fully taxed on retirement savings account withdrawals. Seniors may wish to keep Ohio’s tax laws in mind when preparing their monthly budgets.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gahanna
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Gahanna start around $4,078 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gahanna and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gahanna
Ohio has a Medicaid program that can benefit Gahanna's low-income seniors. Seniors may also qualify for the Assisted Living Waiver Program which pays for the cost of care. This program does not cover room and board and expects recipients to pay for that with their own resources. Applicants must be Medicaid eligible and may wind up on a waiting list due to the limited number of spots available each year.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gahanna
Gahanna and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gahanna, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Gahanna Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gahanna
Gahanna-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Gahanna, OH
Other Options in Gahanna, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gahanna
Review of Sunrise of Gahanna
My wife just moved into Sunrise of Gahanna about three days ago. We chose this community because they answered all our questions, they did a nice job, and they were very attentive. She's got a lot ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Gahanna
My father moved into Sunrise of Gahanna. We chose it for the people, the price, the place looked great, everything was clean. They have very caring staff. My dad liked the food, the room is spaciou... Read more
Review of Three Creeks Senior Living
My parents have been living at Three Creeks for almost a year now. The food is fabulous, staff is friendly and atmosphere is lovely. All the family has piece of mind to know that they are looked a... Read more