30 Assisted Living Facilities near Pickerington, OH
Also serving communities of Canal Winchester, Carroll, Groveport.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pickerington area, with 2 in Pickerington and 28 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 211 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pickerington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pickerington 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Reynoldsburg with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pickerington, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Pickerington, OH
28 Assisted Living Facilities near Pickerington, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pickerington
Even though Pickerington, Ohio is a fairly small city, the area is home to a whopping 64 assisted living communities (ALF), which support Pickerington's large senior population. Adults ages 55 and up make up 17.8 percent of the Pickerington community.
ALFs in Pickerington, and all of Ohio, are overseen by the Ohio Department of Health, which conducts regular inspections to ensure that seniors get the high level of care they deserve.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pickerington
- The cost of living in Pickerington is higher than the state average but lower than the national average. However, health care costs are lower than the state's average and the cost of groceries is on par with the rest of Ohio, so seniors shouldn't find necessities to be overly expensive.
Pickerington's crime rate is higher than 75 percent of Ohio cities and towns. However, it's 22 percent lower than the nation's average crime rate. Also, violent crime, which would normally be a concern for seniors, is well below the national average.
- The Pickerington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Diley Ridge Medical Center and the OhioHealth Pickerington Emergency Care Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Lancaster Public Transit System has one fixed route bus that serves the Pickerington area. It takes seniors throughout the city, connecting them to Lancaster and several Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) stops, making it easy to travel into Columbus.
- Pickerington has fairly moderate weather compared to the rest of Ohio. January temperatures average 30 degrees, and July temperatures tend to hover around 76. This makes it easy for seniors to enjoy outdoor activities regularly.
- Pickerington has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Pickerington Senior Center, an organization that offers social programs, luncheons and trips for seniors, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pickerington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Pickerington start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pickerington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pickerington
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pickerington
Pickerington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pickerington, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pickerington
Pickerington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pickerington, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pickerington
Review of Abbington of Pickerington
My mother has lived here for 6 years. The facility is wonderful and attentive to my mother. The staff is so loving and they always make my mom feel like a member of a family. Would highly recomme... Read more
Review of Abbington of Pickerington
My visit to Abbington of Pickerington was very good. I would say it's highly recommended. Two of my friends are living there, and they like it very well. The staff seemed like they were very nice. ... Read more
Review of Amber Park Assisted Living in Pickerington
We also looked at Amber Park. They had two or three residents that opened their doors to me. The places I saw were more full apartments with a kitchenette, separate living room, and bedroom area. A... Read more