9 Assisted Living Facilities near Grove City, OH
Also serving communities of Mount Sterling.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Grove City area, with 6 in Grove City and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Grove City is $3,443 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595. Cheaper nearby regions include Reynoldsburg with an average starting cost of $2,880.
To help you with your search, browse the 52 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Grove City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Grove City 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Reynoldsburg with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Grove City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Grove City, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Grove City
Grove City is a thriving Ohio community nestled between farmland and the state capital, Columbus. Grove City's senior community makes up of 7.1 percent of the city's 39,000 population. To accommodate its aging residents, the city has four assisted living facilities, and three more located in nearby cities. In Ohio, assisted living facilities are designated as residential care facilities (RCF) and are regulated by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). The ODH is responsible for licensing and facility inspections, including one unannounced inspection each year.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Grove City
- Grove City experiences typical Ohio weather with average summer temperatures reaching 85 degrees Fahrenheit in July with temperatures dipping to an average of 22 degrees Fahrenheit in January. Summers tend to have high humidity which can create respiratory problems for seniors, especially those with compromised breathing.
- The cost of living in Grove City is 20.6 percent lower than the U.S average. Areas with lower costs are housing, groceries, health care and utilities.
- Tax rates for Grove City are slightly higher than the national average. The Grove City sales tax rate is 7.5 percent compared to 6 percent nationally and the Income Tax Rate is 5.5 percent as compared to the 4.6 percent national rate.
- The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) operates several bus lines in Grove City, and seniors can ride for half fare with a COTA Reduced Fare ID Card. Other senior accommodations include buses that are lower to the curb, ramps for easier mobility and priority front-of-the-bus seating. The nearby John Glenn Columbus International Airport is available for air travel.
- Grove City has a lively arts culture and the Grove City Arts Council creates opportunities for artistic expression. Seniors are encouraged to attend the festivals, art exhibits and other cultural events hosted by the council. Seniors may want to attend classes and participate in exhibit events.
Paying for Assisted Living in Grove City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Grove City start around $3,488 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Grove City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Grove City
Grove City residents who need help paying monthly assisted living costs can apply for the state's residential state supplement program and/or the Assisted Living Waiver, which is a Medicaid-run program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Grove City
Grove City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Grove City, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Grove City
Grove City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Grove City, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Grove City
Review of Carriage Court of Grove City
Carriage Court of Grove City was very nice. The people were very nice and the place was very clean. They're very, very willing to help us out with the paperwork and make sure that's good too. They'... Read more
Review of Carriage Court of Grove City
I love Carriage Court of Grove City. What I liked the best were the people. They're very friendly and welcoming, not just the employees, but also the people who were living there. The facility was ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Pinnacle
My mom has moved into Brookdale Pinnacle. She has been there for 10 days now. Her overall experience has been extremely good, and she has had a surprisingly good attitude about it. At first, she wa... Read more