22 Assisted Living Facilities near Hilliard, OH
Also serving communities of West Jefferson.
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hilliard area, with 4 in Hilliard and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hilliard is $3,678 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 136 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hilliard. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hilliard 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dublin with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Hilliard find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hilliard, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Hilliard, OH
18 Assisted Living Facilities near Hilliard, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hilliard
Hilliard, Ohio, sits northwest of Columbus, making it easy for seniors to go into the city with family for day trips. The city has a population of 35,939, and 10.2 percent of that population is made up of seniors age 65 and older. Some these seniors may need help with activities of daily living as provided in an assisted living facility. The Ohio Department of Health licenses and regulates the four assisted living facilities in Hilliard, as well as in the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hilliard
- The city's average cost of living is on par with that of the United States and one percent higher than the Ohio average. However, seniors may find that healthcare is affordable at five percent lower than the state median and 8 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- Ohio is considered a moderately tax-friendly state for seniors because the state doesn't charge an income tax on Social Security payments. However, the state does implement an income tax on money withdrawn from a retirement account and a partial income tax on pension payments.
- The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) offers half-price fares for seniors aged 65 and older. To qualify, seniors have to have a Senior ID provided by COTA. This ID is valid for three years.
- The Hilliard area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mount Carmel Hilliard, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Hilliard remains pretty moderate throughout the year. The average temperature in July is 74 degrees, but during the summer, it can get hot and muggy. Autumn and spring are usually mild, but winters can be cold and snowy. Freezing conditions could make it difficult for family members to visit their loved ones who reside in assisted living facilities at times.
- Overall, the air quality in Hilliard isn't a problem. It averages 14 percent better than the rest of the United States. However, being near Columbus does make pollution an issue. The city's pollution index is 326 percent worse than the national average, which could affect seniors with asthma, emphysema, and other conditions that make breathing difficult.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hilliard
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Hilliard start around $3,678 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hilliard and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hilliard
Seniors who need help paying for the costs of assisted living should enroll in the MyCare Ohio plan. This plan took place of the state's Assisted Living Waiver program. While it doesn't pay for the cost of room and board, it does pay for personal care expenses for assisted living residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hilliard
Hilliard and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hilliard, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Hilliard Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hilliard
Hilliard-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Hilliard, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hilliard
Review of Carriage Court of Hilliard
We had a very good tour at Carriage Court of Hilliard. They showed us the assisted living and memory care sites. I'm more impressed with this place than the other one we visited. I saw the aides in... Read more
Review of Hilliard Assisted Living & Memory Care
Horrible place! My grandparents have been residents there for over a year and have had multiple things stolen from their room...ok multiple occasions, and Including prescription medication. It is h... Read more
Review of Carriage Court of Hilliard
My mother was a resident of Carriage Court Memory Care for less than 3 weeks. During this time, she was dressed in someone else's too large sweats, partially dressed, (her arms were not pulled th... Read more