Bickford of Bexley

Reviews of Bickford of Bexley

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Bexley

June 30, 2015

By Janet17

The food was good at Sunrise of Bexley. It had a very nice atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I was not impressed with the all-in-one room, but I like the two-room apartments.

July 29, 2014

By Bob87121650

Sunrise of Bexley was one that we liked. The accommodations, the people, everything, we loved. The only problem that we had with it was the room accommodations: the accommodations were small, and there were no closet. They have a stand alone closet to put their things in, and my mother-in-law didn't like that at all. It was one of our top ones. They had a lot of activities within the place, and also they had a bus that would take people to wherever they wanted to go: shopping or to a movie or whatever they wanted to do. They would take them to the doctor's or whatever. We would have loved working with them. But I told them right off that if it was me, I would not want to be there because there is no room.

May 20, 2014

I visited Sunrise of Bexley, and they have really narrow hallways, and it doesn’t feel clean. The rooms are small. And this place doesn’t hardly have any parking.

November 22, 2013

By Macey1

I liked several things about Sunrise. It was a secured facility. I just saw a couple of people working there and I thought they were okay. They gave me a tour but it was, basically, up on the dementia unit. They had the dementia people up on the third floor, which was fine, but I don't think my husband was that far gone. The rooms were rather small. They had a twin bed. However, the thing that I didn't like was that it was all white and very sterile.

November 20, 2013

By Becky13

Sunrise was very good. The market director was very nice and helpful. His follow up was very good. I saw their room and I'd give it a five.

July 29, 2013

By caring0718113

Sunrise of Bexley is the place where I saw the most staff helping the residents and that's a big thing for me. They are also very friendly. My father is not in the place yet, but this is where my father will be.

December 03, 2012

By a regular visitor.

The facility was always clean and smelled nice. The staff were kind, considerate, compassionate and understanding. The residents were well taken care of and listened to. There was always something to do activity wise and the workers went the extra step to answer questions or concerns. Everyone was always clean, happy, well fed and taken care of. This is some place where when the time comes, I would certainly consider being a resident myself. You feel safe, secure and cared for and those qualities are very important to me and my family. The outside of the facility is well kept and has nice landscaping. The porch is a nice addition to sit outside on nice days and swing. They keep it professional on the inside, the outside and all areas of the home. It is a nice clean place to visit and stay. My family friend enjoys herself there. She is always speaking highly of the staff, the meals, the other residents too. She is comfortable and well taken care of, that is important and vital in situations like this.

September 19, 2012

By CGrant

The building was beautiful and well-maintained, giving an impression of comfort and seemed to us more like an extended stay hotel-suite as opposed to an assisted-living facility, so we thought she would appreciate this. My grandmother was suffering from Alzheimers, so it was a difficult time for her and for us, and she would accuse the staff of stealing from her and beating her, but the items she claimed as stolen were squirreled away under her bed, and there was never any sign or actual indication of any violence done to her, and she was very prone to hallucination. The staff dealt with her moods, her hallucinations and her temper very admirably, and took amazing care of her. The price was reasonable, and the accomodations were very nice, and the organised activities in the lobby were nice, as well. To this day, whenever Sunrise comes up, our family can't say enough nice things about the staff or the place itself.

April 17, 2012

By SupaTall

When i got to the Assisted living Facility i thought wow this place is really nice. As soon as i walked in the staff that worked there said that i must be here to see ms, leader i said yes i am actually how did you know that they said that ms leader had been talking about a really tall man of whom she has not seen in some years. well anyways after the staff and i made some small talk, they showed me where ms leaders room was they walked in the room and said to her you have visitor ms leader. The staff then informed me that if i needed anything to just let them know and that i could stay as long i as i pleased. The staff asked me if i would like to have anything to drink. i thought this was might kind of them. Sunrise of Bexley is the nicest assisted living facilities that i have been to. The area is very well kept the staff is very comforting and has alot of bed side manner. Overall i would reccomend this place to anyone who needs to go to an assisted living facility. No Bad thoughts of this place for me

Costs for Bickford of Bexley

Photos of Bickford of Bexley

Services and Amenities of Bickford of Bexley

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Bickford of Bexley

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little — none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn't find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult — but we've also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother's happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we're devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services