The Woodlands of Columbus

Offers Assisted Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

5380 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43213
The Woodlands of Columbus (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 32 days

$250.00 off base rent package for 12 months with signed lease and physical possession of unit reserved occurs prior to June 30, 2022.

Reviews of The Woodlands of Columbus

Assisted Living Reviews for The Woodlands of Columbus

August 28, 2018

By JLP

My husband is in The Woodlands of Columbus. They have been kind and accommodating. My husband is pushing the limits of the assisted living definition, but they have tried very hard to meet his needs, and keep him safe, so I have been really pleased with what they attempted to do for us. Their attitude has been very helpful. The nurses seem excellent. As for the helpers, it's mixed. Some are excellent, and some are just doing their jobs. They tend to be long-term employees, and there's not a lot of turnover, so that's a good sign. The food is pretty good. They seemed to have a well-rounded program. The place is an older facility, but it's kept up well. They paint and put a new carpet in every time a resident comes in. The activities seem to be varied and meet their needs. It's by far the best combination of services and value, so I hope very much to keep my husband here.

January 31, 2018

By PC

The Woodlands of Columbus was very nice and the staff was excellent. The amenities and activities seem pretty standard compared to the other places I saw. The studios were pretty nice.

August 29, 2017

By Jeff

The Woodlands of Columbus was fine, but it didn't seem adequate for us. The rooms were too small, and the meeting area didn’t seemed inviting. The lady who showed us around wasn't told that there was supposed to be a tour, but she was accommodating, talked us through, and showed us around. We passed by the dining area, but I wasn't really impressed with it.

March 28, 2017

By wikidwanda

Hi--my Mama has lived at The Woodlands since June 2015. This place is AMAZING. She has dementia & hearing loss---will be 90 this year. When I eat lunch with her?--WOW. Fruit, Soup, sandwich & sides & ice cream! My Mama eats very well. I have NOTHING bad to say & Have told my Hubby that it's where I wanna live when I get to that point!!

March 07, 2017

By Fran518224

We went to The Woodlands of Columbus, and the place was clean and bright. For their activities, they have social clubs and bingo. The people there seemed nice.

November 05, 2016

By James305156

The Woodlands was extremely nice. The young lady who gave me the tour was extremely helpful and, in fact, gave me some additional information for the VA and a possible attorney that I might check into regarding long-term care situation. Very nice facility, and it was price more reasonably. It was also a private facility and would not be one that would handle Medicaid.

September 13, 2016

By Denise246862

The rooms at Woodlands of Columbus were bigger, so that’s a plus. Everything was good there as well. I took a tour and talked to one of the staff members who was very knowledgeable and very nice. This one was a little more expensive, but they actually have bigger rooms. They had a bunch of stuff like Karaoke night and Bingo, and they do trips. They had their calendars full of different things they did whether it was within the community or they’d take them out somewhere, but there are a variety of things to do. Their dining room was almost like a restaurant, and it was nice.

June 10, 2016

By Don158725

The Woodlands of Columbus was fine, calm, and peaceful. I didn’t see a room because they didn’t have anything available. The young lady that took me around was very nice. They had a library and common areas outside including a little park and gathering place. For lunch, you can order different sandwiches. The dining room was clean and had assigned seating. Their menu was a little bit varied but not very much.

June 10, 2016

By Kay115575

The Woodlands was very nice, and we really liked it. The lady that toured us was very knowledgeable. I felt that my grandmother would be well taken care of in there, and she had a lot of good information. The rooms and apartments were adequate and clean. I think that my grandmother would feel at home.

May 24, 2016

By ER547683

The experience at the Woodlands was very good. The staff was comparable, kind, gentle, and efficient. The rooms were adequate, and the dining area was very good. They had traditional games and a library for recreation.

March 31, 2014

I think it was on a Sunday morning when we were at Woodlands. I'm sure they had activities but I don't recall seeing any. The individual that gave us the tour was the only staff person. The rooms were very nice, they were spacious enough. We walked through the dining room, there were just a couple of tables occupied at that time.

August 06, 2012

By cdonered57

careing,and clean,great food,patient facility folks,typed words don't get the feeling across,verbal words or visit,all is explained in presents.. just love them.

June 21, 2012

By Rick E.

My Father has lived at the Woodlands on E. Broad Street for almost 2 years., The Staff ,what can I say... there Great !!!! Carol, Ashley, Christy , Candy ... All Do AAA+++ Jobs ...... This place has a very Uplifting Vibe when you enter the place, the Food, Care and treatment of the Residents are all first Rate !!!! They make a very difficult job look easy........... God Bless You Guys at the Woodlands!!!

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Woodlands of Columbus

November 26, 2013

Of the places I've visited, Woodlands was probably the best one and it wasn't much more expensive. The room I looked at was very attractive and it had a nice front view. I liked the cathedral ceiling because it gave an impression it was bigger. I wasn't too crazy about the kitchen. Under the sink, it had a little curtain like thing, I didn't like that. That was very old fashioned.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Memory Care Reviews for The Woodlands of Columbus

Questions about The Woodlands of Columbus

What programs or activities does The Woodlands of Columbus offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a proactive and engaged monthly resident activity and social calendar on our Facebook page: "Woodlands of Columbus"

What transportation services does The Woodlands of Columbus offer to assisted living residents?

We currently do not offer community transportation services. Special service transportation is offered for doctor appointments, etc. through several vendor options ( resident/family pay basis)

What safety features or security measures does The Woodlands of Columbus offer to assisted living residents?

A secured community with entrance/exit through a monitored and locked main entrance.

How does The Woodlands of Columbus keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Through email notifications sent by our Executive Director. All families of residents are encouraged to follow our Facebook page: "Woodlands of Columbus"

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Woodlands of Columbus during daytime and nighttime hours?

Being a smaller community we exceed state guidelines with our nursing and care giver ratio to residents

If The Woodlands of Columbus accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

A non refundable $500.00 deposit is required at lease signing plus a $100.00 per month surcharge is added to the monthly rate package for residents with cats and small dogs ( limit 20 lbs or smaller and breed acceptance)

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Magnolia Trails Memory Care programming. A new progressive approach which provides more focus to our cognitive care residents with integration, engagement and quality of life activities within our community.

What safety features or security measures does The Woodlands of Columbus provide to protect residents who wander?

We currently have a wander-guard system for residents who might be confused and wander toward the door. we do not have locked, secured memory care unit for anyone actively exit seeking or other elopement issues..

What programs or activities does The Woodlands of Columbus offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Director and Assistant Director of Wellness. A quarterly assessment is required by our company for all self pay rand Medicaid waiver residents.

How does The Woodlands of Columbus keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

All medical issues are handled directly by our Wellness Directors and nursing staff.

Describe the neighborhood around The Woodlands of Columbus . Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Woodlands of Columbus sites on 4 acres of landscaped grounds, conveniently located adjacent to Interstate I-270 and Broad Street exit on the east side of Columbus. We are adjacent to Whitehall, Reynoldsburg, Gahanna and Bexley suburbs.

Is The Woodlands of Columbus affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Residents and families have the choice of the hospital of choice but we are less than 1.5 miles from Mt Carmel east Hospital.

Photos of The Woodlands of Columbus

Services and Amenities of The Woodlands of Columbus

• Companion Suites: No

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: #2313R

About The Woodlands of Columbus

Discover a vibrant yet relaxed lifestyle at The Woodlands of Columbus, where residents can explore a full calendar of activities while enjoying modern-day amenities and convenient services. Our Columbus, Ohio, community offers Assisted Living and Memory Care services. From our thoughtfully designed studio and one-bedroom floor plans to our myriad of recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything - including housing an onsite aviary. Our residents take comfort in safety features such as emergency response systems and assist hand rails in bathrooms and appreciate wall-to-wall carpet and 2-inch mini-blinds for coziness and privacy. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate some assistance with the activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Woodlands provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Residents have the freedom to participate in numerous community activities or venture off to downtown Columbus for its many dining, shopping and recreation opportunities.

Map of The Woodlands of Columbus