Lakeside Manor Reno, NV

Reviews of Lakeside Manor

Independent Living Reviews for Lakeside Manor

March 31, 2020

By joypaco

I love in Utah and went to visit my friend. Good was dispecable. Frozen dinners are better. Portions were very small. Place my friends told her had bed bugs. All staff was nice at first to her but latter rude. She is paying way too much for what she gets. Bianca was really rude told her to shut up and go to her room

January 01, 2020

By Joel

We like Lakeside Manor. It seemed decent and acceptable. They have some problems with running out of food. They allow their employees and some guests to eat the food so towards the end of breakfast, lunch, or dinner, they run out of food. They should institute a policy that their employees can eat no food until all the residents have eaten first. Other than that, they do wonderful. The care is wonderful. They go around and knock on their doors each and every single meal and make sure they're OK. My friend wasn't able to get out of the bathtub once so he pulled the cord, and they immediately came and helped him. They clean the rooms and do laundry on time. It's independent living, but they have pull cords, and they have someone on-staff 24/7. The staff is excellent. They could use some fresh paint and new carpets. They have a full schedule of activities, bingo, movies, walking, an exercise room, they go to stores, and they take people to church.

July 17, 2017

By Happy Visitor

My cousin lives at Lakeside Manor. He seems very happy with it, and I find it to be adequate. The rooms appear to be clean. They have an activity room, a library, and an exercise facility. It seems very clean and doesn't have a hospital smell to it.

June 27, 2017

By CaringReviewer139800

Lakeside Manor Retirement was fine, but we did not like it because it was very stuck up. There was no openness. There was a grand piano, but it was an old one. The hallways were narrow and dark. It was very sad. They did not have a front lobby. They had several rooms, but they were hard to find, and it was kind felt like a maze. They were old, and they needed updating. The staff seemed tired. They were pleasant and all that, but they seemed tired and underpaid. The dining area was not great.

March 27, 2017

By Sandra157513

I decided to go with Lakeside Manor and I am living here now. I am enjoying being here very much. The food in the dining room is just great, the people here are very pleasant, and I like my apartment. So everything is really pleasant and very nice. It is not too expensive either, and it is also very homey. It is just very comfortable.

November 01, 2016

By Jenny835211

I didn’t care for Lakeside Manor Retirement. They didn't have that many people there. It was very little, old. and very dirty. The staff was really busy the day I visited. They were like in a hurry, and I said "Aren't we getting lunch?" because we had gone without eating, and the lady there said "Oh yeah, we could get lunch." Then she got a couple of sandwiches and a hotdog.

January 24, 2016

By Bev16

My mother is in Lakeside Manor. She is incredibly happy, and she really enjoys it. It is very clean, the staff is excellent, and the food is good.

October 11, 2015

Even though Lakeside Manor is an older facility -- and it does have some older amenities -- my mom is so happy with the staff. Ashley is the general manager, and she is wonderful. She has helped us so much. Also, Heather -- whom we see almost every day when we go in -- is awesome. All the staff is lovely. It couldn't be any better for my mom. She likes that more laid-back, less fancy living; she really likes it. Their dining facility is clean, the food is good, and they can fix some other things besides the menu. Mom is really happy with it, and so are we. We've had the food, it tastes good, and it is homemade. Her room is a medium studio. We went in, and they let us decorate it any way that we wanted to -- which is really nice -- and we got to paint it. The room is an ample size for her, the bathroom facilities are awesome, and the little kitchenette is really great. They do all kinds of stuff every day. My mom does Bible study and Bingo, they also have movie night and groups or socials, and they take the residents whenever they need to go to their doctors and on shopping sprees. Of all the activities that they have there, my mom really likes it. I think the place maybe off the radar, but they are awesome. They may not have the newest facility or the biggest, brightest, and newest equipment and stuff where it looks like a hotel, but that doesn't matter; it is the care that they get.

September 16, 2015

I had a quick tour at Lakeside Manor. The rooms were smaller, and it was less expensive.

November 06, 2013

By kam12843

excellent care, fun activities, great place to live, good people run it and good people live there.

Costs for Lakeside Manor

Photos of Lakeside Manor

Services and Amenities of Lakeside Manor

• Fee Structure Extra: Community Fee: $1000

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Lakeside Manor

lakesideretirement.com

Lakeside Manor retirement means pleasure for the residents and peace of mind for their families! It’s the joy of life without the burden of worry, making pleasant retirement living a reality.

Take a seat in our elegantly furnished Main Dining Room, where our solid oak tables and chairs are dressed with linen tablecloths. Our friendly and efficient wait staff let you relax in the companionship of good friends as you enjoy your meal in our home-like atmosphere. Three delicious meals are prepared daily under the guidance of our professional staff, insuring a well balanced, nutritious, and of course, delicious dining experience.

Activities:

We offer a monthly calendar full of social activities such as afternoon socials with live music, bingo, moderate exercise, sing-alongs, current events discussion groups, arts & crafts, movies, etc. We provide transportation to stores in the Reno-Sparks area. We also take the occasional afternoon drive or walk to Virginia Lake to get a little time away from everything. There are sign language classes available, baking activities and massages for those who enjoy a little pampering. Once a month we go all out with a birthday party complete with a live band, cake, ice cream and special gifts for our birthday residents, even steak and lobster for their special day. Our calendar is published monthly for our residents to review.

Wall-to-wall carpet, custom blinds, kitchenettes with microwave, private bath, large closets, individually controlled heat/air-conditioning, telephone and cable connections are all standard features in our apartments. Many apartments have private screened-in balconies or open patios. All apartments are also equipped with smoke detectors and sprinkler systems. A 24-hour emergency alarm system alerts staff of any problems, adding significantly to the feeling of safety and peace of mind.

Living Rooms and Lounges:

Exquisite, yet comfortably furnished living rooms and lounges are located throughout all three of our floors. Stop in, sit down and relax in one of our comfortably overstuffed chairs, watch the big-screen TV, use the resident computers, or take the time to browse through the library. Spend a few minutes taking in the unobstructed view of Virginia Lake or Reno/Sparks, or just enjoy the warm glow of a fireplace. Join some of the residents in the card lounge, or visit with your grandchildren in the Disney Lounge. Our lounges are for your pleasure during your stay or visit at Lakeside Manor.

Beauty Salon & Barber Shop:

Located on our second floor, the shop is open Wednesdays through Saturdays. Our experienced beautician styles both women’s and men’s hair. No matter the style or treatment needed, from a basic shampoo with a haircut to a color or permanent, it can all be done here. Manicures and pedicures are also available! You do not have to be a resident to enjoy our salon, many non-residents come in for their appointments too!

We are an active, retirement community located in Southwest Reno, by Virginia Lake. We’re minutes from downtown, within blocks of four shopping centers, the Peppermill Hotel Casino, a golf course, several restaurants, banks and the post office.

Map of Lakeside Manor