The Gatesworth

Reviews of The Gatesworth

Independent Living Reviews for The Gatesworth

June 28, 2012

By Peter Kempf

My grandparents love this facility and so do I. The Gatesworth has many, many activities for retirees of all ages, and the restaurant facilities inside are also spectacular. And the inside is so lavishly decorated that if I didn't see all the retirees about, I would think it was a luxury hotel. The facilities are absolutely gorgeous, and the grounds are just as beautiful - there are wonderful outdoor fountains that look like they should be the subject of paintings. On another note, the staff is absolutely wonderful and helpful. My grandfather has Alzheimer's and my grandmother has Parkinson's, and the staff are both completely willing and able to assist them with absolutely everything which these conditions entail. Staffers are in their room multiple times daily to make sure they remember to take their medicine (my grandfather is forgetful and my grandmother tends to try to self-prescribe, so this is of the utmost importance). Furthermore, those staffers seem like the nicest of people. They are always patient with my often-exasperating grandparents, and they never stop trying to help. Honestly, I don't think I could think of a better place for my grandparents to reside.

Costs for The Gatesworth

Photos of The Gatesworth

Services and Amenities of The Gatesworth

• Housing Extra: Penthouse Apartment Residences

• About The Gatesworth

The Gatesworth at One McKnight Place sets the standard of excellence for senior living. Set on a beautiful, 12-acre campus, The Gatesworth, McKnight Place Assisted Living, and McKnight Place Extended Care provide an elegant, residential lifestyle with a full continuum of care for St. Louis area seniors.

Our commitment to quality began over two decades ago with the visionary leadership of our owners, and is carried out by over 230 staff members every day. By listening to Resident suggestions we constantly update our multitude of services and programs, ever mindful of our goal to meet and exceed expectations.

We added dog walking to our concierge services when one Resident was afraid to walk her dog because it was icy outside. We added a second limousine because the demand was there. We posted a flag outside the gatehouse because a Resident asked why a flag was not on display.

It is this kind of attention to detail and open communication with our Residents that helps make our community a home and truly sets us apart from every other senior living community.

Here is just a sampling of the services we provide:

• Full-time Resident Services Director and staff to coordinate recreational, social and educational programs
    • Active Residents Association that plans a variety of events each month
    • Full-time Personal Associate, dedicated to meeting Resident needs including transportation and personal errands, shopping with you or for you, organizing your apartment, or simply keeping you company
    • Weekly housekeeping and maid service
    • Dog walking service
    • Limousine service for any daily outings, doctor's visits, etc.
    • 24-Hour security, emergency response system and daily call assurance