Holiday Orchid Terrace

Reviews of Holiday Orchid Terrace

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday Orchid Terrace

August 19, 2020

By Unhappy4mom2

Mom was there 7 years and it was all 5's when she moved in. Food quality as well as quantity has dropped. One night supper was a hot dog and nothing else. They used to go on outings and that had declined. There is no security or management available after 7 PM until morning. The manager is unfriendly and allowed the fire doors to be blocked open while waiting for repairs. The one thing that is always on time is the annual rent increase. These declines were happening before COVID became an issu

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our community. Due to current protocols put into place to keep our residents safe, some outings have had to be postponed and we have had a change in our dining process with our staff delivering meals directly to residents doors. Our menu has always offered 3-4 different choices for residents to choose from, and continues to do so during this time of delivery. The fire doors were out due to a power outage in the area, during which our onsite staff stayed overnight to do fire walks and ensure the safety of residents until they were fully operational again. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to contact the community directly. Thank you

June 25, 2020

By B.S.

My friend moved into Orchid Terrace about a month ago. She's limited because they had her under quarantine since she'd been there. They bring meals to her room. The staff is doing great. John, the sales manager has done an excellent job trying to accommodate us. My friend has a 1-bedroom apartment with a balcony, but they have different types, sizes, some don't have balconies, and they have a 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and studio.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our community. We are happy to hear that your friend is enjoying her experience at our community!

January 01, 2020

By Christopher

My overall tour at Orchid Terrace was very good. The staff who accommodated me during the tour was John, and he was really nice. He's actually more informative than the staff at the other place I visited. The location of the community is accessible to everything, it's about a mile away from the mall, and it's very convenient. The apartments were very nice, they had balconies and you can look down on the courtyard. It was just like a postcard.

Hi Christopher, thank you for stopping by our community and taking the time to share this feedback!

September 20, 2019

By Ann Boston

After deciding to move to a senior center , I had to choose one. After looking at many, I chose Orchid Terrace. So glad I did! The facility is well kept. There is a wide choice of room size. The staff is helpful and caring. In particular I want to mention Deb D., the Activities Coordinator. She has lots of ideas all designed to make the residents’ lives heathy and happy. And she always has a smile on her face.

September 09, 2019

By WmLAnderson

Nancy and I are currently residents for the last 3 plus years. We enjoy living here very much and our only regret is we did not come earlier. Jake does a great job on the food, and the staff is very helpful and caring. The facilities are very adequate for our living needs at this time. Deb our new activities director and can be counted to add a nice touch of creativity and meaningful things to do.

February 26, 2019

By Glenda

Orchid Terrace was super nice. It's independent living, but they have additional care you could hire if you needed to. It had a very warm atmosphere, they have a really comfortable looking and nice dining areas. The rooms are very bright and had a lot of natural light in them which was really nice. They have what they call the Pink Ladies. I guess they're the ones who helps out when you needed additional care. We saw everybody coming down for lunch. They have the usual amenities like an amphitheater, crafts room, and activities. The apartments were really nice, seem inviting and everyone had their own private little porch. It was the nicest place by far that we've visited. They took me on a tour of the whole building. They have a lot of areas where people could gather and talk. They have a theater area. The dining room is a good balance and not overly fussy décor-wise. It just seems like a nice place to eat and sit with friends. The place was spacious and well-lit. They also followed up with me. The community is located in a residential area, and it was a very nice setting. There's lots of people out and moving around and there are hand rails down all the hallways. The apartments are what kind of struck me as being the best. They were just really nice and beautiful. The building itself was beautiful, very roomy, clean, well-decorated and laid out nicely.

September 17, 2018

By BT

Orchid Terrace was wonderful and very nice, but the price for the rent was out of my reach. One of the things I didn't care for was that the floor covering was a white rug, which there's no way I'd like. For those who can afford the place, there's nothing to improve on. The place was very clean, everything was spotless, and staff was very friendly.

January 10, 2018

By Lisa

Orchid Terrace is great. The staff-members are all very patient and caring. My dad's studio apartment is a perfect size for him, and they do the housekeeping, so it's very clean. They have a movie every day that residents can go to, they get together to play cards or Wii bowling, they go out for outings or lunches, they take them to the casino once a month, and they also always have happy hour. So all in all they kept the seniors busy and active.

June 06, 2017

By michael221606

My mom gets excellent care at the Orchid Terrace, and she is very happy with the food. The service is excellent, and the management is very caring. But the negative thing is, she has been in since the beginning of March, at which time they did not have a bus driver to take people out on outings, and they continue to have that issue; they have not hired a bus driver about eight weeks, and that’s unacceptable. Mom enjoys the food and activities, she’s got a beautiful room, and they take good care of her.

April 05, 2017

By Mike870751

Orchid Terrace was a very nice place, and the staff was very nice. The rooms looked very good and had 3 different sizes to offer. Their pricing structure was different from the others because you only pay for the services that you need. The location was fine and the grounds were very nice. I would recommend it to other people.

November 25, 2016

By Linda383408

Orchid Terrace was fine and older, but it was still clean. The room was nice, but it wasn't anything special. The staff was very nice, and the meal was good, had good servings, was tasty, and was served well. The dining room was very bright.

November 23, 2016

By Georgia J.

Orchid Terrace was very nice, but it was only independent living, and you had to go somewhere else if you needed care. It was clean. The staff who gave the tour was very nice.

September 08, 2016

By Diana517675

He has been at Orchid Terrace for about a month now. I have no complaints about the place, and I think it's just fine. In the evening, they have ice cream socials and watch movies. The facility is kept up nicely; it's clean and welcoming outside. It's very close to the highway, and there are grocery stores nearby.

August 15, 2016

By Marilee141371

Orchid Terrace was a very homey, clean, and very friendly place. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The apartments were very clean, updated, and very nice. Their price was comparable to other places. I liked the convenience of it because you have everything right there, especially if the person is independent enough to drive or take a short walk to the shopping places nearby.

August 12, 2016

By Margie535477

Orchid Terrace looked very nice, but the studio apartment was just like a square room and not very big. The dining area was very pretty. The place looked real clean, and the staff was friendly. This place looked a little bit fancier for a younger group of residents.

January 31, 2016

By anonymous reviewer8

Orchid Terrace is an independent living facility and they have an organization that does things for the residents. My mother loves the meals, the library, and the exercise classes they have, and the fact that just about everything she goes to is on the floor where she is at. She likes all the activities. They have the entire month listed and hanging up and they can choose what activity they want to go to. She has her apartment cleaned once a week and they come and change her bedding once a week. She loves it. I would recommend them. She has her own little apartment, a little kitchenette, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a living room.

November 30, 2015

By Marilyn113001050

Orchid Terrace appeared really nice. But when we saw an empty room, it looked so small. There was a partial kitchenette with cabinets and refrigerator. Otherwise, it’s fine. The common area is nice. The staff were friendly.

August 31, 2015

By Potential Resident

We are on the waiting list at Orchid Terrace. I chose it because Monica, who interviewed me, was extremely helpful, comforting, and friendly. The place was very clean, and because I'm looking for an efficiency to keep the cost down, they have nice sized efficiency. Also, it is fairly close to where I live, and the price is good. Monica has explained that if the person you placed there starts to get more involved, there are a lot of separate little services that can be purchased, e.g. assistance with dressing, assistance with taking meds or bathing, etc. It just seemed really nice and complete, it is in a pretty location, and it is very clean.

July 04, 2015

I was very impressed with Orchid Terrace. The staff was very courteous. They're very friendly. They keep the residents busy.

April 29, 2015

By Linda104791650

Orchid Terrace is a little more congested. It’s in an older neighborhood, but it was very nice and clean. The apartments were really nice as well as the people. I like the menu; the guy showed us what they were serving that day. On the right side of the menu is the alternatives if you don’t like what they were having.

April 17, 2015

I was familiar with the area where Orchid Terrace was located. The staff was very informative. It was a nice facility. The rooms were nice. They were just too expensive for my father's budget. They had different sizes of rooms. The dining room was very nice, and it looked clean.

September 10, 2014

By Luvenia

Orchid Terrace is a fairly new facility. It’s close to the highway, and it’s not hard to get to it. I liked the one-bedroom because of the kitchen area, and my table will fit there. The bedroom is spacious. I also liked the travel package where if you live in a Holiday and you travel to a city that has a Holiday you can stay there for a week with the same amenities that you get at home. They have Bingo and socialization. The staff is very good. I did not eat there, but you can see the dining area from the top floor.

June 19, 2014

By Robert85945750

Orchid Terrace was excellent. The staff and the meals were also excellent. They offered some activities. The rooms were very spacious with big windows, so there was lots of sunshine.

June 18, 2013

By Arvil

I had a stroke and my wife passed on, and I stayed at the Orchid Terrace for about six months because I couldn't live at my home. The managers and everything there was friendly. I had a one-bedroom apartment that was spacious enough. They served three meals a day and the food were nourishing. They had an activities' lady that was really good and nice, and they had all kinds of activities. It was a really nice place.

October 17, 2012

By RoseFlower

Orchid Terrace is absolutely wonderful. The location is great, close to a lot of great places in St. Louis like fine restaurants, and lots of places for shopping. The estate is beautiful as well, and feels secluded. The home does various things with the residents so that they know each other and are social so it feels like a family within the walls. My grandmother also tells me the food is delicious; three cooked meals a day. It's also great that they have a couple of managers who live in the house as well, to help provide a sense of security. I only hear good things about the place, and would recommend it to anyone that is considering moving into retirement. They provide an easy life with linen/house services, and even a travel program, ensuring that the residents of the home will never be bored and will enjoy retirement to the fullest.

June 04, 2012

By tikipunch2

This facility is a clean & healthy environment. They provide activities, doctors appt., shopping trips, lunch trips. They have a sewing circle, a chapel for worship, bible study. The residents are friendly & you get 3meals served 7/days per week. Sometimes they have special events and themes. The management is friendly and very helpfull.

Costs for Holiday Orchid Terrace

Photos of Holiday Orchid Terrace

Services and Amenities of Holiday Orchid Terrace

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday Orchid Terrace

Orchid Terrace is located in St. Louis, MO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Orchid Terrace for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday Orchid Terrace