Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

December 02, 2019

By Thomas

I went back to Solstice Senior Living at Fenton again to take some pictures after I visited. I was very impressed. The place was cheery and they had a couple of rooms that could go from the first floor. They also had facilities and the outside appearance was good. I didn't meet many staff members except for one woman. It's located just north of Saint Clare Hospital.

October 01, 2019

By Jeannine

Solstice Senior Living's outside appearance is very nice, and when you go in, it also appears nice. The rooms are small. However, since my mother has been there, she has had nothing but issues. First of all, she went for three weeks without water. She went for a week without her toilet flushing, so she had to take a bucket and put the water in the toilet to flush it. They had a water main pipe leak right outside her door. They also told her that she was only allowed one TV when everyone else had two. Somebody just bought the place and they said the rent will increase anywhere from 5 to 15%. They put a jackhammer outside her room yesterday all day, so you couldn't even talk to her. Also, there are two washers and two dryers, but one dryer doesn't work. They're only allowed to wash their clothes from 4:30 until 9:30 at night. So you have one broken dryer and at least 20 names of people who need to do their laundry. My mother got an apartment type room that is very small. With her walker and scooter, she has a hard time getting around the furniture. The living room is not big enough. She gets three meals a day. They seem to have good amenities and activities. At dinner time, the old people don't want you to sit at their table because they have been there and they have marked their territory. When my mother first got there, she could not find anyone to sit with. The old people were so territorial that she had to keep going around until she ended up sitting at a table by herself. It was very immature. Otherwise, the amenities are good. They have bingo, dominoes, happy hour, and book club. The staff is not helpful whatsoever. As far as the food goes, when you do get what you want, it is good food, but when they run out, it is ridiculous.

March 11, 2019

By OneWhoCaresALot

When I asked a resident before moving mom in if she would recommend it she said no. I should have listened. It is not restaurant style dining even though it has been promised for over a year, in mom's contract and on their website. They run out of the entree's constantly and people sit & sit waiting to be served. They use large pump thermos' for coffee and most snacks and drinks have to be purchased from the vending machines. The apts have a mini type frig, no counter top burners and a tiny sink. If you're tired of the dining room - which is included in your rent - don't think you're going to fall back on eating in your apt unless it is a microwave entree. The staff is basically nice but corporate must be tighter than...well...you know the old phrase. Granted there are worse but considering what mom is paying I do not recommend this independent living facility.

We are so sorry to hear that had a negative experience at our community. We would be happy to discuss your particular concerns in more detail. Please contact our Executive Director at your earliest convenience.

February 26, 2019

By Glenda

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton seemed like they needed to do a little more maintenance on some their areas up front. The rooms were nice. We had lunch there and it was okay. The place was okay, but I was really happy with what I saw. Everyone was really nice. It's independent living although I really wish they have a higher level of care. It's really nice that they're situated right next to a hospital. They offer transportation if you want to go shopping and they'll take care of giving your meds. The dining room was nice and open, but its kind dark and not inviting. They have high ceilings but about half the lighting or the chandeliers in there are missing one bulb. The public bathroom that's on the first floor by the dining room was in fairly bad disrepair. There's a hole in the wall that hadn't been repaired, and it didn't look like they cleaned the bathroom. Some of the areas are just not kept up well in terms of maintenance; not the level of how clean it is, just the maintenance. We ate there, and it was a nice meal. It's not really a super fancy meal but the food was good.

May 03, 2018

By Syvianne

My visit at Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was excellent. The facilities are impressive. The apartments are very nice. They're larger than many of the apartments that I had seen. Frankly, if I could afford it, I would move into Solstice in a heartbeat. They have everything that I think a senior could desire. They have the three meals a day included as part of your rent. They also have a brand-new executive chef. However, they are moving to a flexible dining schedule. The dining room is open all day long and you go in and select when and what you want to eat. The staff knocks themselves out to be accommodating. As I was doing my tour, several people stopped to ask things to the people who were giving me tours. I was so impressed with the way that they tried to help them and at the same time, they were trying to be helpful to me. They just seem to go out of their way to do whatever needed to be done for the residents. They were incredible. I also like the fact that they're very accommodating with animals and dogs.

January 19, 2018

By Beth

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was a very nice place but Dad needed assisted living. The place was well taken care of, the rooms were spacious, and they had good views from their porches and decks. The staff member that I met was good.

April 14, 2017

By Alex743544

I liked the facility. It was very clean and nice. The staff seemed very helpful and caring. The dining area was very nice. The rooms were spacious.

December 02, 2016

By Dot466060

I'm here. It is independent living, but they claim that they can take people all the way up to hospice. I've just been here a short time, and I've been having some illness that kind of kept me close to my apartment. I have one woman that I've met when I first moved in who is really nice to me. She checks on me every once in a while to see if I am OK. I think the room is really nice, and there is a lot of room here for me. It is just me and my little dog, so there is plenty of room for us. The food is pretty good, but they are in the process of changing it again. They had a lot of stuff with spices and stuff in it, and apparently the people didn’t like it, so they plan to change it back. What's really nice is that you are independent, but for an additional charge you can get this care group, and they are here 24/7

November 28, 2016

By Adam307142

It was really elegant. The rooms had a little more spacious floor plan. The person who assisted me was very helpful. They have nice dining and walkout areas.

November 26, 2016

By SC424773

It was fine, and it was what we were looking for, but they don’t offer assisted living. The staff was very pleasant, and the room was very typical.

March 15, 2016

By Visitor121878050

My visit was very good. The people were extremely helpful, pleasant, and accommodating; took a lot of time with me; and answered a lot of my questions. The dining area looked lovely, but it was all extremely far from my home.

March 08, 2016

By Nancy121298350

I like it because it is close to my home. They have a nice room that I think my parents would like. They have a great layout, gym, and a nice dining area. The services are pretty nice. The staff is very attentive, and the housekeepers I met were nice, too. They have a bus for the residents, but you could also bring your car because they have a covered parking lot for residents.

September 07, 2015

My sister is in here, and she is not happy right now, but I do not think that has to do with the facility. We are happy with the care. I think it has been good. It is clean, and the staff is very nice. The facility itself is nice. She complains about the food.

August 16, 2015

My father is here. We chose this one because we like the location, we like that it is small and that the staff is very personal. They know everybody. They would go on day trips on a bus. Overall, I think they do a very good job. The staff keeps a close eye on the residents.

July 04, 2015

I did tour. The place was very neat. It looked like the customers were pleased with the facility. The sales associate was very kind, and we talked quite a bit. People made their apartments their home so that there were a lot of their own stuff from where they lived before, and it was very homey.

June 30, 2015

It is a bigger facility. The rooms were about the same as with the other facility I visited. They were nice too. The facility was fine. The staff was very cordial as well. They were eager to accommodate.

April 29, 2015

By Linda104791650

It was very wonderful and very good. The gentleman who assisted us did a wonderful job. The rooms were very nice and clean. They have bingo, Wii bowling, and crafts.

February 18, 2015

By Arthur11

It was clean, the sales person was very good and explained things very well, the rooms were nice, and the environment was nice. I think the person that took me on the tour and worked with me was probably the best I have found.

February 10, 2015

By Ju Ann

The apartment that was shown was in the process of being redone for someone else to move in, but I was about to see because I was looking for windows where the sun did shine in, and I found it. The room that I was shown seemed very pleasant and very nice, but I am concerned with the parking and the elevator as it was very small, and that kind of bothered me.

September 10, 2014

By Luvenia

I liked it and the lady who showed me around. I liked the area in the one-bedroom better than the two because of the kitchen area. I liked that they had a lot of activities going on. They have 3 meals a day, towels, and bed linens. It’s like living in a hotel. I ate there, and the food is very good. They had choices.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Fenton