Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

September 03, 2021

By Julie

My mother moved into the Solstice Senior Living at Fenton. The people were very nice. The place was clean. It was a large enough a group of people that I think she'll be able to meet some people and make friends. They have some activities in the evening and during the day that I think she's excited to get started with. One of the things that we like the best about the place was that it was all inclusive. So for one price, everything was included, like three meals a day and transportation. It was a very good experience, and she has taken advantage of the transportation. She got a doctor's appointment today that she's going to have them take her to. She's looking forward to the shopping trips. They have apartments, and she chose a one-bedroom apartment. It's one bed, one bath, and a small kitchen that doesn't have a full kitchen. It doesn't have a stove or anything like that. It's got a small refrigerator, a sink, and then some cupboards. They're allowed to have the microwave or the coffee pot or anything like that. They can have anything except an open flame. She doesn't do a whole lot of cooking anyway. She's got enough to warm up some soup or something like that or to make a sandwich if she wants to. That's all she really does. They do her cleaning for her once a week. They change her bed linen and they will wash it for her, but she has to do her own personal laundry. They've got card games, movie nights, and all kinds of different stuff that the residents can become involved in if they choose to.

Thank you for your review of Solstice at Fenton! We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. We are so glad to have your mother at our community!

August 17, 2021

By Susan

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was a beautiful facility. There were lots of community spaces where people could relax and get together with other residents. It was just a gorgeous place. I know that's not something people want to hear, but it was, and it was very nice. You rent for the month so there's no big entrance fee. The meal looked great and the activities were active. The gentleman that showed us around was Andy, and he was very personable and was able to answer all of our questions without any problem or having to check with anybody. He seemed very well versed in what was going on in the community. They get three meals a day, and it was a very pleasant and clean place. They have a library, a salon, a personal trainer to help you with any problem areas you have or you're having, like aches and pains, and a good size library. They also have activities for everybody. If someone suggests something, they're willing to see if there are other people interested in it and they would provide it for you. They also get rides to appointments and grocery stores, to Wal-Mart, or to places that you're interested in. They're very generous with that. They take a lot of group trips too with their bus within the area. We saw an empty apartment and the room size was very generous as well. Things were well kept, but it was just an older building and from the outside, there's a little upkeep that needs to be done.

June 20, 2021

By Linda

My mom is very happy at Solstice Senior Living at Fenton. Everybody is very nice, but I'm not really crazy about the maintenance. I understand the whole precautions with Covid, but my mom was fully vaccinated. She had all of her vaccinations, and she is already past her 14 days. The people that live there had their 2nd vaccines, but they had not been completely past their 14 days. When my mom had moved in on Saturday, they couldn't do the test until Monday. She had to be quarantined, which I didn't think was right because she had her shots and everything while all the other people there weren't past their 14 days, and they were all together. I was really upset, and she was upset about it, too. Luckily, they got the test back up on Tuesday evening. It didn't take as long as I thought it would be, and she was OK. It has been OK since then, and I was just upset about that. Linda, who is the executive director, has been wonderful. She has jumped through hoops for us and I really like her a lot. I also like Andy who works there. He is awesome, too. All the other people seem to be great. My mom loves the food, and she loves it there. They have activities. They are probably not doing a whole lot outside yet, but they are doing some. My mom has gone on one trip, and they have a lot of activities there. It is very clean. They need to update it a little bit because the carpeting in the hallways is outdated. However, she is getting what she pays for, and it feels like home for her. We are about 15 minutes from her, so it is really convenient. She likes the area and the restaurants around there because she still does drive.

May 25, 2021

By Deborah

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was very clean, and everyone was very friendly. I think that was the best part of it. It was very open in the main level, but in your room you still had enough privacy there when you wanted your privacy. They had a gym, a theater room, and you could walk down the path, and you could go out for a walk. It wasn't a really large facility, so I think everything was fine.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, Deborah! We are so pleased to hear that you had a lovely experience touring our community.

April 16, 2021

By J.N.

My client will move into the Solstice Senior Living at Fenton within the next week or two. I visited it and it was very welcoming. Anything we asked, they had answers for, or they would show us. They showed us different kinds of suites and they're working with my client quite well in trying to accommodate some of her needs; even to move to one apartment. She wants one on the first floor and there's nothing available right now, so they would put her on one floor and move her to the first floor as soon as one opens up. They're accommodating.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so pleased to hear that your client enjoyed their tour of Solstice Senior Living at Fenton.

February 17, 2021

By K.M.

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was very nice. I met two staff, and I was impressed with them. They gave me a tour, and they were very nice. Overall, it was clean, nice, and open. I kinda know my mom's taste, so when the staff took me to see the 1-bedroom, I knew immediately that she would not like that. It would just be too small for her. Then, he showed me what they call a 2-bedroom deluxe. Even though that was on the ground floor, I didn't think she would like that, too, because it seemed kind of a cubby hole. My mom likes nice open floor plans. I think she would prefer the second room that I saw, which was a 2-bedroom. I saw an exercise room. It looked like the equipment was geared to seniors, which was fine. The library had lots of books, bookshelves, and some seatings, and that would be fine, too. My mom would probably take a book back to her room. The amenities that they were talking about sounded like things that she would like to do. I didn't try the food, but it smelled good. The people there seemed happy, and it looked like a nice place.

July 06, 2020

By Karen

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was fabulous. I couldn't have asked for anything better. My mother's apartment was lovely, and the staff was wonderful and very helpful. They would help with anything she needed and would help us if we called. We couldn't get in there because of the virus, but they're pleasant to work with and tried to be as accommodating as they could. She didn't feel the food was very good at all, but she also understood they had to serve all of the residents because of the virus and couldn't have an open dining room. They just opened the dining room recently, but she was not able to participate. They were doing the best they could with what they had. The value was good other than the food issue. They had exercise classes, cards, games, and movies. They tried to have some activities within the facility. They would walk around the building, and she loved the interactions with everybody. I was happy we found them because she was very happy there. I wish she could've been able to enjoy it for a lot longer than she did.

January 01, 2020

By Christopher

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was really nice, the staff was very friendly and they answered all my questions. The rooms that I have looked at were pretty big. What I really like is that it's just right next to the SSM Health and St. Clare hospital. The layout was pretty nice, there's an elevator so it's pretty convenient for my mom. They're more reasonable than other care places, and the staff who accommodated me was very informative. They showed me their menu, and it seemed like it's set up like a fancy restaurant would be. The place itself is very good.

December 02, 2019

By Thomas

I went back to Solstice Senior Living at Fenton again to take some pictures after I visited. I was very impressed. The place was cheery and they had a couple of rooms that could go from the first floor. They also had facilities and the outside appearance was good. I didn't meet many staff members except for one woman. It's located just north of Saint Clare Hospital.

October 01, 2019

By Jeannine

Solstice Senior Living's outside appearance is very nice, and when you go in, it also appears nice. The rooms are small. However, since my mother has been there, she has had nothing but issues. First of all, she went for three weeks without water. She went for a week without her toilet flushing, so she had to take a bucket and put the water in the toilet to flush it. They had a water main pipe leak right outside her door. They also told her that she was only allowed one TV when everyone else had two. Somebody just bought the place and they said the rent will increase anywhere from 5 to 15%. They put a jackhammer outside her room yesterday all day, so you couldn't even talk to her. Also, there are two washers and two dryers, but one dryer doesn't work. They're only allowed to wash their clothes from 4:30 until 9:30 at night. So you have one broken dryer and at least 20 names of people who need to do their laundry. My mother got an apartment type room that is very small. With her walker and scooter, she has a hard time getting around the furniture. The living room is not big enough. She gets three meals a day. They seem to have good amenities and activities. At dinner time, the old people don't want you to sit at their table because they have been there and they have marked their territory. When my mother first got there, she could not find anyone to sit with. The old people were so territorial that she had to keep going around until she ended up sitting at a table by herself. It was very immature. Otherwise, the amenities are good. They have bingo, dominoes, happy hour, and book club. The staff is not helpful whatsoever. As far as the food goes, when you do get what you want, it is good food, but when they run out, it is ridiculous.

March 11, 2019

By OneWhoCaresALot

When I asked a resident before moving mom in if she would recommend it she said no. I should have listened. It is not restaurant style dining even though it has been promised for over a year, in mom's contract and on their website. They run out of the entree's constantly and people sit & sit waiting to be served. They use large pump thermos' for coffee and most snacks and drinks have to be purchased from the vending machines. The apts have a mini type frig, no counter top burners and a tiny sink. If you're tired of the dining room - which is included in your rent - don't think you're going to fall back on eating in your apt unless it is a microwave entree. The staff is basically nice but corporate must be tighter than...well...you know the old phrase. Granted there are worse but considering what mom is paying I do not recommend this independent living facility.

We are so sorry to hear that had a negative experience at our community. We would be happy to discuss your particular concerns in more detail. Please contact our Executive Director at your earliest convenience.

February 26, 2019

By Glenda

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton seemed like they needed to do a little more maintenance on some their areas up front. The rooms were nice. We had lunch there and it was okay. The place was okay, but I was really happy with what I saw. Everyone was really nice. It's independent living although I really wish they have a higher level of care. It's really nice that they're situated right next to a hospital. They offer transportation if you want to go shopping and they'll take care of giving your meds. The dining room was nice and open, but its kind dark and not inviting. They have high ceilings but about half the lighting or the chandeliers in there are missing one bulb. The public bathroom that's on the first floor by the dining room was in fairly bad disrepair. There's a hole in the wall that hadn't been repaired, and it didn't look like they cleaned the bathroom. Some of the areas are just not kept up well in terms of maintenance; not the level of how clean it is, just the maintenance. We ate there, and it was a nice meal. It's not really a super fancy meal but the food was good.

May 03, 2018

By Syvianne

My visit at Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was excellent. The facilities are impressive. The apartments are very nice. They're larger than many of the apartments that I had seen. Frankly, if I could afford it, I would move into Solstice in a heartbeat. They have everything that I think a senior could desire. They have the three meals a day included as part of your rent. They also have a brand-new executive chef. However, they are moving to a flexible dining schedule. The dining room is open all day long and you go in and select when and what you want to eat. The staff knocks themselves out to be accommodating. As I was doing my tour, several people stopped to ask things to the people who were giving me tours. I was so impressed with the way that they tried to help them and at the same time, they were trying to be helpful to me. They just seem to go out of their way to do whatever needed to be done for the residents. They were incredible. I also like the fact that they're very accommodating with animals and dogs.

January 19, 2018

By Beth

Solstice Senior Living at Fenton was a very nice place but Dad needed assisted living. The place was well taken care of, the rooms were spacious, and they had good views from their porches and decks. The staff member that I met was good.

April 14, 2017

By Alex743544

I liked the facility. It was very clean and nice. The staff seemed very helpful and caring. The dining area was very nice. The rooms were spacious.

December 02, 2016

By Dot466060

I'm here. It is independent living, but they claim that they can take people all the way up to hospice. I've just been here a short time, and I've been having some illness that kind of kept me close to my apartment. I have one woman that I've met when I first moved in who is really nice to me. She checks on me every once in a while to see if I am OK. I think the room is really nice, and there is a lot of room here for me. It is just me and my little dog, so there is plenty of room for us. The food is pretty good, but they are in the process of changing it again. They had a lot of stuff with spices and stuff in it, and apparently the people didn’t like it, so they plan to change it back. What's really nice is that you are independent, but for an additional charge you can get this care group, and they are here 24/7

November 28, 2016

By Adam307142

It was really elegant. The rooms had a little more spacious floor plan. The person who assisted me was very helpful. They have nice dining and walkout areas.

November 26, 2016

By SC424773

It was fine, and it was what we were looking for, but they don’t offer assisted living. The staff was very pleasant, and the room was very typical.

March 15, 2016

By Visitor121878050

My visit was very good. The people were extremely helpful, pleasant, and accommodating; took a lot of time with me; and answered a lot of my questions. The dining area looked lovely, but it was all extremely far from my home.

March 08, 2016

By Nancy121298350

I like it because it is close to my home. They have a nice room that I think my parents would like. They have a great layout, gym, and a nice dining area. The services are pretty nice. The staff is very attentive, and the housekeepers I met were nice, too. They have a bus for the residents, but you could also bring your car because they have a covered parking lot for residents.

September 07, 2015

My sister is in here, and she is not happy right now, but I do not think that has to do with the facility. We are happy with the care. I think it has been good. It is clean, and the staff is very nice. The facility itself is nice. She complains about the food.

August 16, 2015

My father is here. We chose this one because we like the location, we like that it is small and that the staff is very personal. They know everybody. They would go on day trips on a bus. Overall, I think they do a very good job. The staff keeps a close eye on the residents.

July 04, 2015

I did tour. The place was very neat. It looked like the customers were pleased with the facility. The sales associate was very kind, and we talked quite a bit. People made their apartments their home so that there were a lot of their own stuff from where they lived before, and it was very homey.

June 30, 2015

It is a bigger facility. The rooms were about the same as with the other facility I visited. They were nice too. The facility was fine. The staff was very cordial as well. They were eager to accommodate.

April 29, 2015

By Linda104791650

It was very wonderful and very good. The gentleman who assisted us did a wonderful job. The rooms were very nice and clean. They have bingo, Wii bowling, and crafts.

February 18, 2015

By Arthur11

It was clean, the sales person was very good and explained things very well, the rooms were nice, and the environment was nice. I think the person that took me on the tour and worked with me was probably the best I have found.

February 10, 2015

By Ju Ann

The apartment that was shown was in the process of being redone for someone else to move in, but I was about to see because I was looking for windows where the sun did shine in, and I found it. The room that I was shown seemed very pleasant and very nice, but I am concerned with the parking and the elevator as it was very small, and that kind of bothered me.

September 10, 2014

By Luvenia

I liked it and the lady who showed me around. I liked the area in the one-bedroom better than the two because of the kitchen area. I liked that they had a lot of activities going on. They have 3 meals a day, towels, and bed linens. It’s like living in a hotel. I ate there, and the food is very good. They had choices.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Fenton

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Fenton