The Fountains at Greenbriar

Reviews of The Fountains at Greenbriar

Independent Living Reviews for The Fountains at Greenbriar

March 21, 2018

By Terry

Greenbriar did not have an available two-bedroom, but the occupied room we saw was nice. They served three meals a day.

November 29, 2016

By Paul623138

Mom seems to like the food at The Fountains at Greenbriar. It is restaurant-style where you select from a menu and the serving is more than she could eat. Mom is in one of the smallest rooms with a kitchenette, and she could roll her wheelchair to the kitchenette and to the bathroom. The place is very clean with neutral colors. She had a couple of pictures, and they hung those for her. The staff is very attentive and very good. The people that I've met has been really surprised at how the staff knows everybody's name. This place is all independent although you can get some assistance from interim health care there.

June 10, 2016

By Mark556254

The Fountains at Greenbriar is independent living. It's very neat and clean. Employees and staff were extraordinarily kind and patient. This apartment is in a community that also had assisted living, and it's closer to some friends of mine, which is good because I'm not driving anymore. They have lots of things to do scheduled. They have nice, small apartments, but if you're in your 60s and you're single, you don't need much space. It's also nice and quiet there. The staff is wonderful. Each one I have dealt with has been very polite. One of the managers calls me at least once a week to see how my surgery process is, so we've established a decent relationship.

April 23, 2015

By kco0054

1st there is a $1995 fee that goes to nothing just to live there. They make it sound like this is the 1st month rent. And there are two meals provided but one is called the free meal which is the breakfast. But all in all this is a very nice place and the food is great. The rent is 1395 on the 3rd floor small 1 bedroom to 1995 on floor 1 and 2 which are larger. This is mainly independent living not assisted. Some assistance is provided for a fee but through St. Joe Health care, which is really hard to get ahold of. Most of the time you call and leave a message. They may or may not get back with you. This is not for a person who really needs assistance. They give medication reminders - but they do not despense medication. They will take you to the dining room but if you don't want to go they will not force you. This is more for independent living not assisted living. But this place is very nice and well kept. Friendly people. Decent bargain.

Thank you for your feedback. I am very glad to hear that overall your experience at The Fountains has been a positive one and that you find our community to be well kept, the food to be great and our associates to be friendly. The fee that you refer to is known as “the community fee,” which is a standard practice for retirement communities. As you note, it is a one–time fee and covers refreshing apartments for new residents, as well as the upkeep of common areas. As part of their package, residents do get one hot meal and a deluxe continental breakfast. Additional meals are available at a very reasonable cost. Our contracted health care partners at Carondelet Care Resources, now operating as St. Joseph Home Care, are in the building 24/7 and we have not heard of residents having difficulty reaching them. Given your comments, I will look into this matter. I want to thank you again for letting us know about your experiences. Feedback from our residents, their family and friends helps us continually improve! If you would like to discuss your concerns further or be updated of our progress in addressing your concerns, please contact me at (816) 257-5100 Sincerely, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director

March 10, 2015

By kccheers

My Mother and Father in Law lived there for less than a year. They were not happy there, maily saying that it was hard to make new friends, lots of "Cliques". The final straw for our family was this: They gave written 60 day notice as required on January 1st. Because it was a holiday, and no Manager could be located, they posted the written notice on the Manager's door. This week we noticed that they had been charged an extra 3 days rent because the Manager didn't see the written notice until January 3rd. YMMV, but we wore not happy with this.

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Our commitment is to make sure that everyone feels part of the family from the minute they walk through the doors. I have spoken with our Resident Ambassador team and I shared your post. We enjoyed having your folks here and we were sad to see them leave. I’m so sorry to see that the final billing has caused so much upset and disappointment. We follow our policies in a careful attempt to be fair to all. I am always available to speak with you further if you have any questions or to listen to your concerns. Sincerely, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director.

November 05, 2014

By Tracy13

The fountains have a good location and reputation. My mother in law had been there for a while two years ago, so I was familiar with the location. It’s a great, fantastic facility, and my mother feels very secure and comfortable there. Communication has been great; they provide alert necklaces, and she was able to push that button to get someone there to her apartment within two minutes when she fell a week and a half ago.

February 14, 2014

We like all the activities they have at The Fountains at Greenbriar. They were just upbeat. My parents have a one-bedroom apartment that has a full kitchen, bathroom, walk-in shower, living room and a patio outside. I know they go on a lot of trips, but my parents are older and have not cared about going into anything right now. My mom has talked about the trips they have taken every week. I know they have Bingo and other activities going on. They said the food has been good.

December 30, 2013

By LovingSister001

The Fountains at Greenbriar is close to my home. I like it. My sister has good care.

September 24, 2013

By Chelsea4

The Fountains was very nice. Among the ones that I visited, it was my favorite. It liked the airiness and the arraignment of the place. I liked that the room had a kitchen area with a stove.

July 11, 2013

By caring0005

We chose The Fountains because it met mom's needs in terms of the apartment size, the cost and the meal arrangements. Everything worked really well for her. She's been living there for six weeks. We liked the facility and the people there. They had tons of activities but that's not mom's interest. We couldn't ask for more with the staff, we're really well pleased. They did a great job of maintaining the place and she liked it there.

December 22, 2012

By Carly1

The staff could have been a bit more attentive to the resident's needs. The facilities were in good order and the activities available to residents were numerous.

Photos of The Fountains at Greenbriar

About The Fountains at Greenbriar

A rental community with no large entrance fee, The Fountains at Greenbriar in Independence MO offers Independent Living on a friendly, full-service campus. Choose from a studio, one- or two-bedroom apartment. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Fountains at Greenbriar offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

The Fountains at Greenbriar Amenities

• Commons room for performances, movies and lectures
  • Beautiful dining rooms
  • Private dining room available for entertaining
  • Bistro with pool table
  • Wellness Center
  • Exercise room
  • Non-denominational chapel
  • Central mail area
  • Complementary washers and dryers available
  • Covered parking available
  • Nature paths
  • Beautifully landscaped grounds

The Fountains at Greenbriar Services

• Choice of lunch or dinner served Monday through Saturday in the dining room
  • Deluxe continental breakfast available each day
  • Housekeeping of your apartment every other week
  • Weekly towel and linen service
  • 24 hour staffing
  • Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational and spiritual programs
  • All utilities, except telephone and cable TV
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Move-in coordination service
  • Fitness programs include regularly scheduled exercise classes and walking programs Preventative health screenings and fitness lectures
  • Complete apartment maintenance, including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Map of The Fountains at Greenbriar