Brookdale Overland Park 119th

Reviews of Brookdale Overland Park 119th

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Overland Park 119th

February 16, 2015

By Betty100345650

Brookdale was excellent. It was a large area that had different levels of care. They have a place to eat, and they furnish transportation to grocery stores and doctors’ appointments. There was a studio apartment available on the ground floor that had a little yard out in front; the fence surrounded it which would have been perfect for my little dog. The staff was excellent, and the rooms were fantastic. They had a place for the band to come in, and there was a place for games. They also have a store there so you could get stuff as you need it. It would've been ideal. It was just really nice.

November 15, 2014

By Judy97736850

My mother lives in Brookdale Overland Park. It is lovely. It has a pool. It has everything you could want including all your meals -- if you like meals without seasoning that is. They have to please everybody, so there is no seasoning. My mother's apartment is small, but it is more than adequate for one person. They have all kinds of things for senior citizens to do there. You never have to leave the place if you don't want to. My mother has a one-bedroom -- I believe you can also have two bedrooms. Her room has a balcony, a full service kitchen, a nice bathroom, bedroom, and living room. My mother didn't participate in anything. She didn't even go to meals. I supply all her foods. She's 97, but she still drives. She goes to my house, and she goes and do her shopping. I provide all her food. She likes her food with spice. I believe they have bingo, cards, and knitting, but she does nothing. The staff is fine from what I can see. They do what they do. They are nice. I have no complains and neither does my mother. They provide laundry for bedding once a week and cleaning for the apartment every two weeks. Then again, my mother doesn't have them do anything, but it's there if you want it. However, it will be nice if they come in to clean. That's the reason why my mother stops them. They didn't clean the way she wanted it done: thoroughly. The meals, I have eaten there, and I go "Yuck!" but they have to please so many people. So they are not going to cook Indonesian or Thai or the stuff that I cook that my mother is used to. It is too spicy and too different. It will be nice if they provide a little seasoning to make it taste good.

October 07, 2014

By Donna99993650

I have been in Brookdale Place Overland Park for six years. It has been a very good experience, and there are lots of activities. The only problem for us right now is that it is not assisted living although there are quite a few people here who use some extra services that could be assisted living. The surroundings are good and the location is in a very good place as far as the outside things to do; doctors, hospitals, and a lot of things very close. The facility itself has been remodeled in the last two years. There is a very friendly, warm environment from the people who live here. It is a very, very pleasant experience for my husband and I. We've made lots of friends, and I find that the people here are very accommodating, and they want to help you as they can.

June 17, 2014

Brookdale was a beautiful facility, and it offered a lot to whoever's going to move in there. They had casual and formal dining rooms. They had a lounge and a pool, which could be shared with the families. The place was very clean. I liked all the apartments. They were all beautiful and spacious. I thought they had a lot of room compared to the other places that I had looked at. The people there were very friendly. When the time comes, that's definitely one that I would show my mom to look at. They had a activity area where you could go in and play cards. They also had a library and video checkout area. I saw people playing in there. In the bar, they could convert the tables for people who wanted to play poker or bridge and stuff like that.

May 20, 2014

I was familiar with Brookdale Place Overland Park because I used to live in that area few years ago, and I have friends from church who live there. It's a fine facility. The only reason that I didn’t get to choose them is because my daughter is moving to Shawnee and she wants me to live closer to her, but I love this place. I used to visit my friends there. The rooms are very good. I like its layout. They have a lot of activities, and the food is good. I would recommend this facility because I think it's very good.

December 31, 2013

By Judith21

We've chosen Brookdale and we just need to sell our house. I's very nice and had a recent renovation. The staff was wonderful and the residents were very warm and gracious. We saw a wide selection of dishes in the menu and the setting doesn't look institutional but very upscale.

September 26, 2013

By Karen68555550

Out of the several places were visited, Brookdale Place was one of the places we enjoyed the most. The staff were phenomenal. They were very knowledgeable, very open to my parents, and very happy. They introduced them to another couple who they spent dinner with. They have just a lot to offer. They were very helpful in helping us who to contact about VA benefits and we are just hoping that the benefits can be approved so that they can move in. The rooms were very much like just apartment. Everybody has their own patio where they can do their gardening. They have their own kitchenette. They have a cord by their bed and if the resident does not respond by pulling the cord by 10 o'clock in the morning, they will send somebody to check on them. The food is very good and they provide two meals a day. They have three different dining rooms and one is open 24 hours a day. While we were there, they had a jazz concert and dancing. They also offer transportation if they want it. They also offer church services, they have a barber shop, and a salon.

August 19, 2013

By Irene9

My husband and I used to stay at Grand Court Overland Park for a little less than a year. The living environment was really good and homey. We had a very nice apartment with one bedroom and a back porch that led out into the hall way which was very nice. It had a lot of upscale people as it was in the upscale area. The staff was good. The food was excellent. I would still be there, if I could afford it, but couldn't afford it. I just think they need to address on the dining room situation because they had two separate dining rooms. If you went in and you sat down at an empty spot and it was somebody else's place, they'll tell you to move and that's against the policy rule but there's nothing they could do about it because these people had money. Also, every floor had a laundry but it was a hassle. I would recommend it to others, but don't be thinned skinned when you went into the dining room

July 11, 2013

By Cindy26

We visited Brookdale Place Overland Park and it was very upscale. The facility was clean, excellent and they had a lot of fun stuff to do. The rooms were clean, very bright and had everything that they needed. The dining room was fine. It was a really nice place but it was a little out of our price range.

Questions about Brookdale Overland Park 119th

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Overland Park 119th. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid 60s and up. This is a vivacious community with a wide variety of activities for residents to enjoy. Some of the favorites are B-fit exercise programming, happy hour, card groups, entertainment, outings, parties and religious services.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Conveniently located to a wide variety of shopping venues as well as doctors' offices and other healthcare professionals.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Overland Park 119th has organized?

Frequent outings are available. Theatre trips - both movies and plays, local restaurants, libraries, museums, sporting venues, etc

What transportation services does Brookdale Overland Park 119th offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled transportation is available.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Overland Park 119th exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

With three unique dining areas, Brookdale Overland Park 119th goes above and beyond to meet the dining needs of residents. The community has an active food chat group with the dining services manager to ensure menus cater to residents' likes and tastes. The food is a major plus at this community.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Pub, library, wine and beer club, outdoor swimming pool, several well maintained courtyards, 3 hole golf greens, community garden, veterans honor area, private dining room and many other areas to enjoy

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Overland Park 119th offer to independent living residents?

24/7 front desk concierge available. Pendant system available to residents for emergency needs.

Does Brookdale Overland Park 119th work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Personalized living is available for residents that many have healthcare needs or domestic assistance needs. Please discuss this need with the sales team.

Photos of Brookdale Overland Park 119th

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Brookdale Overland Park 119th

Brookdale Overland Park 119th provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Located on the corner of 119th and Lamar. Just south of the Sprint Campus and east of Menorah Medical. We are walking distance from the Town Center shopping and we transport our residents frequently to local shopping and restaurants. We also have fenced yards on the first floor perfect for residents with puppys. We are a rental community that also has a full continuum of care partnering with Brookdale Overland Park which offers assisted living, memory care and full skilled nursing.

Map of Brookdale Overland Park 119th