Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit

September 15, 2020

By Teresa

We chose Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit for my dad because of the atmosphere, the people that were in-charge, and because it fit into our budget. It was like an answered prayer, and it's over in an area that we wanted. When he wants to he will be able to visit the people in his church, and that was a big concern for him. He is independent, but needs a little help. The nurses will come to check on him and help wrap his legs. His room is just perfect for him. It's a small 400 square feet room, but it's good for him. He has a big bathroom and plenty of storage area. The staff is very friendly, and we call them to ask them if they can check on our dad to make sure he's OK. The food is not geared towards diabetics, but they do have sugar-free desserts and stuff like that, so it's a little hard to maintain on some level. They have a lot of different kinds of activities, but since the COVID some of them have been on hold. They haven't had one case of COVID and they'd like to keep it that way, which is wonderful. He pays $2,100 a month, which for me is a lot of money, but looking into assisted living areas out there it's not really as much as other places. For what he's got and where he's at, I think it's perfect for his needs and the money. I was very grateful that they gave each resident a necklace for emergencies, which goes straight to the emergency rescue or fire department. Like when he called for an ambulance, they were there within three minutes. They have a very good response time for him to access what he needs, so it puts our mind at ease.

October 01, 2019

By EH

Overall, my mom is pleased with Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit. The special they had for the moment was good as far as pricing. The apartments are nice. My mom has a small 1-bedroom apartment that has a refrigerator, sink, a patio, but no full kitchen. The rooms and staff are nice. There were times when the food has not been good, but overall, it's good. They have exercise classes, art classes, Bingo, and bridge, so they have lots of things to do.

March 29, 2019

By Stella

I thought Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit was very nice. They showed me around and gave me a brochure. However, when I went to visit, they didn't really go into details about things. It was more general, but when my parents went back, they went into more details. The dining area looked OK; it was clean. The rooms were nice, too.

October 01, 2018

By Alicia

Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit was nice but expensive. They had a good food selection. The two-bedroom that I looked at was nice. They seemed to have a good amount of activities. The staff was very nice. I don't have any negative things to say about the person who gave me the tour. They had a library, a salon, a hairstylist, and laundry rooms in each of the wings.

April 30, 2018

By Louise

We visited Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit. I was very impressed with the building, but as it turns out, my mom at this point needs more of a medical presence. We spoke with the director who gave us lots of information and gave us a tour. The rooms were wonderful and some had balconies. The dining room had a huge ceiling flooded with lights. We didn't eat there, but they gave us a little dessert while we were talking, which was delicious. I think it's a wonderful place if you're a little younger than my mom. They have lots of activities and they have quite a few residents there. It's a pretty big place with three floors. Some people still keep their cars there. It's definitely for those that don't need a big medical presence right away. I was very impressed with what I saw. A resident did come up and talk to us on his own and he explained how happy he was living there.

May 22, 2017

By mildred415867

It was nice and pretty. It has an on-site eating facility. The people were extremely nice and helpful. They provided transportation and had movies and libraries in their apartment wings. The rooms were very nice, comfortable, and a manageable size. They offered housekeeping services. It’s easily accessible, too, and the community was a nice size.

March 08, 2017

By Sharon084712

I was looking for a place for my cousin, and we had signed him up here. He will be moving to that place soon. The place was wonderful, and I am very impressed. The person who assisted me were great. Meals are being served, and they have their own transportation system and so forth. They have a chapel, a library, and anything a resident would need.

December 28, 2016

By Richard468478

It had a very clean dining room and clean and spacious rooms. The residents were all friendly. It had an exercise room.

November 24, 2016

It had nice and big studio apartments, and I was surprised at the size. They have a ton of activities. They have a bus that you could sign up to go to Walmart once a week or to your doctor's office if it's a certain mile radius. It looks like they have a full schedule. The guy there was more like a salesman. He wasn't pushy, but he was more business. The food was OK, and the price was really good. Everybody was really friendly, and it was spotless and beautiful. What I liked about it was each room had a door where you could go out a little deck where you could go outside by yourself without having to have somebody assist you. They had new appliances and a little kitchenette area. There are lots of spaces to move around in the building like lounges and places with cards set up.

August 12, 2016

By Nancy131383

It is very nice, very friendly, and very homey. They serve three delicious meals a day. Mom has her own little apartment that she really likes. They clean her room and are very friendly. It's a very caring place. If she needs someone to come in and help her, we pay for that. They've been very good to her.

February 23, 2016

By Lorna4

It was very nice. The staff was very informative and gave us a tour of the place including an empty room. We didn’t really go into pricing because they have a no smoking policy, so we didn’t venture any further with them. Their dining area was very nice.

October 28, 2015

By RK1

Everything was very nice. Breakfast was served at 7:00, lunch was served at 12:30, and dinner was served at 5:00, and we were not comfortable. We rather had open sitting. However, I understood why they had to do that, because they had to hire people to serve. Also, you had to pay for your three meals, and that was in your monthly rent. We thought we could just do one meal. The portions were really small. However, the staff was very friendly. The place was clean and cheerful. They had popcorn. They had games going. Some of them were playing pool, and playing cards. They had beautiful art works on the walls. The cottages were very nice, and they had plenty of parking.

August 05, 2015

By Susan110473450

I was impressed with my visit. The staff was great. The rooms were exceptional. The setup was attractive and pleasant. They offer different activities; pretty much anything in that facility can do. We didn’t get into a lot of detail with it, but it looked like they had plenty of activities set up. They have places to do puzzles and games. Their dining area looked very good.

March 23, 2015

What I liked about it was that there was a lot of people out and active. The residents were doing activities -- exercise classes and playing pool -- and they were doing some holiday programs. The staff was very friendly and helpful, very informative, willing to answer, and would stop what they were doing to answer any question that I had. I had lunch there, and the food was good.

September 24, 2014

By Karen80209150

It was very nice and the people seemed to be very happy. They invited us for lunch and they had a resident to sit with us and to talk to us about the facility. We converse with her through the whole lunch which is very enjoyable and she was very nice. The rooms were very nice and they all had an outside window. it was large enough for king size bed if you wanted it, and the rooms were larger than most of the other communities. They had options like the main meal or you could pick anything that you want, or you could have other food that they had available. They have activities all the time, they go places, they had people come in to put on shows, sing-alongs, bingo, and Wii bowling -- which a lot of the ladies really enjoy. They had a large library with very nice seats, so people could just sit in that area and read if they wanted to. They could have replaced the carpet itself; though it wasn’t dirty, it was just getting worn already, but I would definitely recommend this community.

September 25, 2013

By Chelsea4

It reminded me more of a nursing home than an independent living. Everything was fine. The staff was very helpful. A man took us around. They had a help care. However, their rooms were too small and it didn't have a stove nor a refrigerator or a sink.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents here at SSL of Lee's Summit are an active group of seniors. Whether they chose to live here because they need a place that provides some daily helps, Cleaning, Cooking, Transportation a Social environment, or they just want to be free from the care of maintaining a home and all the work that goes with it, they know they've found a special place. Medium age is around 82, but we have folks in their 50's all the way up to the century mark! They are people who may not be able to do all the things they used to do, but still want to be in an Independent living situation. The motto is "do as much for yourself as long as you can for yourself"! So many things to get involved in here. Men's pool league, Wii bowling, bingo three nights a week... 4 to 6 activities on the calendar every day!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Several new shopping districts as well as the historic downtown area are very close. We have a Walmart right next door! And the Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation award wining Legacy park recreational center is a short drive for our bus away.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit has organized?

Monthly outings to restaurants, theaters, as well as "surprise bus outings' are well attended.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit offer to independent living residents?

Our bus is free to use for our residents and will go up to 15 miles to get them to doctor apt's., professional visits or just out for a shopping excursions.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our menu has different selections daily as well as some that are "Always Available" Freshly prepared nutritious fine dinning experience for all three meals everyday is what our residents really enjoy. If you can't make up your mind, Chef Michaels "Signature Fried Chicken is a daily lunchtime favorite!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our activity room is the hub of things going on. Something is either going on our getting ready to start. Just check with our full time vibrant life director, Theresa. She will get you involved! We also have fitness equipment that is very senior friendly. Our library has over 3,000 books to browse and check out. There's a Billiards lounge, community puzzle always in the works, or if you just want to take it easy, plant yourself in one of our many old time rocking chairs on our "front porch"!

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit offer to independent living residents?

All of our residents receive a "Great Call" two way communicating, with GPS emergency call system. The most advanced on the market!

If Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. Because they are part of the family! We have a lot of green space for dogs to run or just take them on a walk around our concreate pathway that circles our entire community.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Although we are a Independent Living Community, we do have a 2nd party home duty personal care company onsite that has a daily presence in our building. They are a very helpful way to minimize the costs when compared to a full Assisted Living Facility. Here you only pay for the personal care you need! It can save thousands!

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit