The Commons on Marice

Reviews of The Commons on Marice

Assisted Living Reviews for The Commons on Marice

October 17, 2014

By Mark M-M

I highly recommend the Commons. My dad lived their for seven month in 2013-14. The staff is very skilled, cheerful, and friendly. The other residents are welcoming. My father loved the food. There are plenty of organized activities, and the facility's open spaces are really nice.

June 01, 2012

By htebelica

I'm giving this facility 5 stars not only because of the wonderful amenities and staff, but because my grandmother is so deliriously happy living there. After living in a large, single family home for over 50 years, she moved into The Commons on Marice about 3-4 years ago. Every time I visit, I'm so impressed by the building and its amenities. The lobby area hosts a large dining hall, a library, ice cream parlor, billiards room, an atrium filled with plants, a beauty salon, fitness room, and so on. The common areas are always spotlessly clean and well manicured. Her apartment is incredibly spacious, though I think she has a studio and 1-bedroom combined. Though the bathrooms and kitchen are nothing special (no updated fixtures or finishes), they are modern, clean, and very functional. Her apartment gets lots of light, and the carpet is in good condition. Every person I've encountered at the front desk, serving in the dining area, or helping around the facility has been polite, helpful, and always addresses my grandmother by name. I'm also impressed by the activities and programming that have helped her to build a community of friends -- church services, music concerts, fitness classes, etc. I'm sure there are facilities that are even more luxurious and well-appointed than Marice, but I really can't imagine a more perfect living situation for my grandmother.

May 23, 2012

By Corrine1

We were looking for an area near where my mother lived which is also near her friends and family. The commons was a good choice. This facility has a lot to offer. They have a library and they have a spiritual room. As for food, they have 2 meals a day and it's restaurant style. She doesn't have to go eat at any particular time.She can just go down and order whatever she wants to eat from the restaurant. I like their spiritual center which is very important for my Mother. It's really important to her. They have activities there too and transportation is available if they need to go to a store or go to the doctor. She is happy that she is able to get the physical therapy that she needs inside the facility. Her room is nice. Personally, I would want it bigger but since she is on a walker, the place is very well laid out for her. She even have a small kitchen inside her room. I like that they have daily wall check and they have full-time nurses on-site. She has a GPS pendant that she wears all the time and if ever she is in trouble she can just hit that button and they will know where she's at and they can help her immediately.

Costs for The Commons on Marice

Photos of The Commons on Marice

Services and Amenities of The Commons on Marice

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About The Commons on Marice

Step into The Commons on Marice and take comfort in knowing that you have come to the right place. It is our commitment to helping each resident lead a purposeful life and we strive to deliver the highest quality of wellbeing through Platinum Service®.

Independent Living

We believe life can get better with age. Each of us lives a life richly colored by family, friends and uniquely personal experiences. At The Commons on Marice, we pride ourselves in helping you make the most of every moment. Our programs help you live your passions, fulfill your potential and keep precious memories alive, while making cherished new ones. We believe you deserve a wonderful life at every stage.

Come and experience just how rich your life can be. We’ll not only help you put more meaningful moments in your life, we’ll help you put more life into each and every moment.

Assisted Living

At The Commons on Marice, we excel at helping residents transition from independent life to a more supportive environment. Our beautiful common areas make it easy to foster friendships, and engage in daily social activities. Our community is rich in opportunities to improve quality of life as we age.

As your needs change, our assisted living services offer everything you need to live comfortably and securely. We provide comprehensive personal care services around the clock. Select only the services you prefer to live as independently as possible.

Memory Care

When someone you know is experiencing memory loss, we’re here with Pearls of Life® memory care. Pearls of Life recognizes the value of each individual and helps residents live dignified, well-rounded lives, discovering the treasures, or pearls, within.

Pearls of Life memory care offers Montessori Inspired Lifestyle®, a positive approach to providing care for adults living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This approach of care is based on the methods of Maria Montessori, as adapted for adults by Dr. Cameron Camp, founder of the Center for Applied Research in Dementia. Dr. Camp is the innovator and founder of the Montessori Inspired Lifestyle approach to dementia care. This approach allows residents to focus on their individual strengths and engage in meaningful activities to stimulate the mind and improve overall quality of life.

COMMUNITY AMENITIES & FEATURES

• Fireside lounge
  • Guest suite for visiting family and friends
  • Exercise room
  • Private dining room
  • Activity room
  • Card room
  • Clubroom/Bar
  • Atrium
  • Library
  • Beauty/barber shop
  • Heated underground garage and carwash bay
  • Drive under canopy at entrance
  • Wi-Fi in common areas