The Commons on Marice

Reviews of The Commons on Marice

Assisted Living Reviews for The Commons on Marice

April 07, 2018

By theniece

The first couple years I visited my aunt and uncle I was incredibly impressed. This was an amazing place, the staff were friendly and attentive. The restaurant folks were incredible and long-term. The restaurant is a place to visit and listen and the conversations around the tables were pleasant, the interaction with staff was wonderful and fun. A couple years ago I arrived around 10:30 at night after the doors were locked and waited out in the entry way with the ambulance crew that were trying to get someone to open the door to let them in. After about 15 minutes someone showed up. As an EMT and attorney, this was an incredible experience and the person that opened the door did not show much concern. Since then the impressiveness has definitely gone down hill. In December when I was there most notable was the decline in restaurant staff, the old cred were mostly gone, the new folks were rude to the residents, grumbly and mostly concerned about themselves than providing good service. What was most notable was the conversations around the tables. The residents were incredibly unhappy, were palpably aware of the decline in both quality of food and staff and increase in price. There are still great staff there, amongst the others, but there is not enough oversight and concern for the residents.

September 15, 2017

By Ellie

The Commons on Marice was a very nice and clean place with a nice library and patio. The social worker who I talked to was fine.

December 21, 2016

By Mr. MB

went to visit my dad and upon walking to the front door I found a woman who had walked away from memory care. That area is supposed to be secure.. It is winter out and she was outside with out a jacket. When i brought her inside all they were concerned about was who found her. Between a lack of security and the interference in my personal life is the deciding factor for me to move my dad.

March 18, 2016

By Sharon c1

The Commons is very elegant with beautiful surroundings. They are a caring, gentle, and very calm staff. The residents seemed happy. The food is terrific. The neighborhood is upscale and easily accessible to hospitals and shopping centers.

December 10, 2015

By Anonymous116341950

We’ve visited The Commons. It was way too expensive but looked lovely.

December 07, 2015

By FormrResidentFamMem

We had a horrifying experience in their memory care. Our loved one was badly neglected - sometimes left sitting in the same chair she was placed in early morning and we have photos of the frequency that her clothing was soiled. Additionally she was handled so roughly we also took photographs - their response was not one of love and compassion but instead was to blame her - well, she was not able to ambulate on her own she required 100% assistance. While they show a wonderful food service menu most foods were frozen prepared. The community is beautiful - but it is apparent that this is their primary investment. I have friends who have had loved ones in the independent community who as long as were able to advocate for self - enjoyed their stay there. They have earned awards for activities - which should simply not be allowed - if the care is not at the top of their game they should not qualify for any other award opportunity.

October 17, 2014

By Mark M-M

I highly recommend the Commons. My dad lived their for seven month in 2013-14. The staff is very skilled, cheerful, and friendly. The other residents are welcoming. My father loved the food. There are plenty of organized activities, and the facility's open spaces are really nice.

June 01, 2012

By htebelica

I'm giving this facility 5 stars not only because of the wonderful amenities and staff, but because my grandmother is so deliriously happy living there. After living in a large, single family home for over 50 years, she moved into The Commons on Marice about 3-4 years ago. Every time I visit, I'm so impressed by the building and its amenities. The lobby area hosts a large dining hall, a library, ice cream parlor, billiards room, an atrium filled with plants, a beauty salon, fitness room, and so on. The common areas are always spotlessly clean and well manicured. Her apartment is incredibly spacious, though I think she has a studio and 1-bedroom combined. Though the bathrooms and kitchen are nothing special (no updated fixtures or finishes), they are modern, clean, and very functional. Her apartment gets lots of light, and the carpet is in good condition. Every person I've encountered at the front desk, serving in the dining area, or helping around the facility has been polite, helpful, and always addresses my grandmother by name. I'm also impressed by the activities and programming that have helped her to build a community of friends -- church services, music concerts, fitness classes, etc. I'm sure there are facilities that are even more luxurious and well-appointed than Marice, but I really can't imagine a more perfect living situation for my grandmother.

May 23, 2012

By Corrine1

We were looking for an area near where my mother lived which is also near her friends and family. The commons was a good choice. This facility has a lot to offer. They have a library and they have a spiritual room. As for food, they have 2 meals a day and it's restaurant style. She doesn't have to go eat at any particular time.She can just go down and order whatever she wants to eat from the restaurant. I like their spiritual center which is very important for my Mother. It's really important to her. They have activities there too and transportation is available if they need to go to a store or go to the doctor. She is happy that she is able to get the physical therapy that she needs inside the facility. Her room is nice. Personally, I would want it bigger but since she is on a walker, the place is very well laid out for her. She even have a small kitchen inside her room. I like that they have daily wall check and they have full-time nurses on-site. She has a GPS pendant that she wears all the time and if ever she is in trouble she can just hit that button and they will know where she's at and they can help her immediately.

Independent Living Reviews for The Commons on Marice

Memory Care Reviews for The Commons on Marice

Costs for The Commons on Marice

Photos of The Commons on Marice

Services and Amenities of The Commons on Marice

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About The Commons on Marice

Step into The Commons on Marice and take comfort in knowing that you have come to the right place. It is our commitment to helping each resident lead a purposeful life and we strive to deliver the highest quality of wellbeing through Platinum Service®.

Independent Living

We believe life can get better with age. Each of us lives a life richly colored by family, friends and uniquely personal experiences. At The Commons on Marice, we pride ourselves in helping you make the most of every moment. Our programs help you live your passions, fulfill your potential and keep precious memories alive, while making cherished new ones. We believe you deserve a wonderful life at every stage.

Come and experience just how rich your life can be. We’ll not only help you put more meaningful moments in your life, we’ll help you put more life into each and every moment.

Assisted Living

At The Commons on Marice, we excel at helping residents transition from independent life to a more supportive environment. Our beautiful common areas make it easy to foster friendships, and engage in daily social activities. Our community is rich in opportunities to improve quality of life as we age.

As your needs change, our assisted living services offer everything you need to live comfortably and securely. We provide comprehensive personal care services around the clock. Select only the services you prefer to live as independently as possible.

Memory Care

When someone you know is experiencing memory loss, we’re here with Pearls of Life® memory care. Pearls of Life recognizes the value of each individual and helps residents live dignified, well-rounded lives, discovering the treasures, or pearls, within.

Pearls of Life memory care offers Montessori Inspired Lifestyle®, a positive approach to providing care for adults living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This approach of care is based on the methods of Maria Montessori, as adapted for adults by Dr. Cameron Camp, founder of the Center for Applied Research in Dementia. Dr. Camp is the innovator and founder of the Montessori Inspired Lifestyle approach to dementia care. This approach allows residents to focus on their individual strengths and engage in meaningful activities to stimulate the mind and improve overall quality of life.

COMMUNITY AMENITIES & FEATURES

• Fireside lounge
  • Guest suite for visiting family and friends
  • Exercise room
  • Private dining room
  • Activity room
  • Card room
  • Clubroom/Bar
  • Atrium
  • Library
  • Beauty/barber shop
  • Heated underground garage and carwash bay
  • Drive under canopy at entrance
  • Wi-Fi in common areas