Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills

Reviews of Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills

October 21, 2017

By Daughter18225

I would not recommend sending your loved one here. Supervising staff and management promise safety, care, and dignity, however do not provide enough oversight to ensure it is being carried out by nursing staff. It was disappointing that this dedicated memory-care facility was unable to carry-out well-known and researched techniques for best caring for those with dementia/Alzheimer's. In my experience, you will need to check in on your loved one very frequently to advocate for their needs.

October 13, 2016

By Liz343871

The Courtyard was very nice, but I didn’t find it quite as homey as I wanted. It was in my top 3. The facility was clean and organized. The staff was very friendly and very nice; they seemed to know everybody.

May 10, 2016

By CherylANSWV

Courtyard Manor was where we put our mother before she passed. You can bring your own furniture for your room. The staff was very warm and friendly. The care was very good.

May 10, 2016

By Caring Daughter123554950

I liked the setup of the rooms at Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills. They had a divider in the rooms so the residents could have their bedroom in one part of the room and the living room area in one part. It gave more of an illusion of an apartment, but it didn't seem to be kept up as well as some of the other places that I looked at. If it wasn't for the smell, I probably would've settled on that one. The smell was just not acceptable.

Thank you for your feedback. Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills specialize in Alzheimer’s and Dementia care. Most families that come to Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills are looking for the assistance to help manage Activities of Daily Living and to preserve their loved one’s dignity. Unpleasant odors at Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills are rare but the reality is that sometimes it happens. We have great staff that are quick to respond to these issues and it is managed immediately. If you have any other questions or would like to re-tour, please feel free to contact us.

April 29, 2012

By kshamrock20

I was a bit skeptical of this place at first because we had moved a family member here from a different home. The original home was expensive and very nice and we moved him here because it was more affordable. I figured this place was going to be less impressive because of the cost but that really wasn't the case. My Mom's uncle really enjoyed his stay here. It was cheaper, but that was about the only difference from his other home. The area is very nice. Farmington Hills is a very nice city and the location of the home and the physical appearance of the home is very pleasant. The landscaping was very nice and it constantly looked like the grass had been cut. There were lots of flowers nicely planted and it was the same story on the inside. The place was very clean and there was no smell. I've noticed in my experience with these homes that some of them have an odor. This place was well kept and the staff was very nice. I can't remember what type of activities this place had, but what I remember most was how nice it was inside and how clean the entire place looked.

Memory Care Reviews for Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills

February 05, 2020

By Watchful Relative

Very poor facility. There are some good caretakers, but most are unmotivated, untrained, and uninformed. Too few caretakers for the number of patients. High turnover rate for all types of employees. The buildings are old and in need of repair. Toilets overflow, air conditioning doesn't work, fire alarms blast for hours, heat goes out, gutters are full of weeds. Caretakers didn't supervise my mother properly and she fell, gashed her head, and went to hospital with black eyes. Happened over and over again. This place should be shut down.

We are sorry you had this experience and we have addressed your concerns. The care and safety of our residents is our top priority. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to call us.

July 10, 2019

By Shark Star

This facility just does not have enough trained staff with good people/patient skills. 2 untrained, non-motivated, non-caregiving caregivers who are not supported for as many as 20 possible demented residents is inadequate. The caregivers/med techs are not adequately trained, updated or informed. They are often left to operate on their own. They are not supported or advised/updated about patients between shift changes. At times patients are not monitored or changed regularly. Often there aren’t enough staff to feed patients timely. There is a lack of communication between staff. Staff is quick to pass the responsibility/blame to one another without resolve.

We are sorry that you feel that way as we strive to communicate with families and staff as we know that it is essential to ensure the best care for our residents. Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills has an intensive training program that goes above and beyond what the state requirements are. If you would like to discuss this further we would be happy to do so. Please call management.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

55 years + Memory Care, Physically frail, 2 person transfers, feeding tubes, Hoyer lifts, Behavior challenges, hallucinations, delusions, wandering, exit seeking, combative, Traumatic brain injuries, Frontal Temporal Lobe Dementia, sliding scale diabetics, quadriplegics, straight catherization, Hospice Care. Nurses on staff 24 hour caregivers. Secured facility. Activities many varieties offered. Outings on our Coach bus.

What programs or activities does Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Small group activities and one to one.

What transportation services does Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills offer to assisted living residents?

We have our own coach bus.

What makes the chef or dining program at Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We can accommodate any special diets.

What safety features or security measures does Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills offer to assisted living residents?

We are a secured property. If your loved one wanders or exit seeks.

How does Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We communicate regularly with our families and our families are always welcome to call at any time.

What safety features or security measures does Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills provide to protect residents who wander?

Our premises are secure and we have an invisible perimeter around our buildings.

Costs for Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: AL630007351
  • State Licenses: AL630007351

About Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills

Courtyard Manor is an assisted living community specializing in the care of the physically frail and those with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or other forms of memory loss. They also care for those with behavioral needs that other communities may not be able to manage. Residents, aged 50 years and older are welcomed by friendly faces that are trained to provide compassionate care to senior residents. The mission is to provide the best hands-on experience for residents while preserving their dignity. They recognize that aging is a normal life process which everyone experiences in their own unique way, so they continually strive to create an environment that encourages, enriches and fulfills residents' daily lives. The community is designed with residents' comfort in mind within each of the one-story homes. An uncomplicated floor plan allows residents to move freely within a safe, secure environment. Residents at Courtyard Manor who desire relaxation can do so within beautifully landscaped courtyards as well as on the front porches.

The words Compassion, Dignity & Respect are the foundation of our commitment to you. We are committed to providing your loved one with the care they deserve, in a professional, yet homelike residential environment that recognizes individual needs, preserves dignity, and respects the privacy you expect and deserve.

Map of Courtyard Manor of Farmington Hills