Morningside House of Satyr Hill

8800 Old Harford Road, Parkville, MD 21234
Morningside House of Satyr Hill (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 229 days

Ask about our Monthly Specials!

Reviews of Morningside House of Satyr Hill

Assisted Living Reviews for Morningside House of Satyr Hill

October 30, 2018

By SANDRA SUMPTER

Exceptional place to live or work, dedicated staff and enthusiastic residents. The dinning experience is great and the wellness staff especially nurses are five star grade.

October 01, 2018

By Clara

Morningside House of Satyr Hill is very nice and clean. I was impressed with it. The people are friendly. The dining area is fine and they have a variety of well-prepared food. They have a beauty shop and a library. My godmother's room is big, with a bedroom, sitting room, a nice bathroom, and a big closet. It's very nice. The staff is very friendly and involved with the people and my godmother. They take time and talk with them. They have nice surroundings with trees, and the inside is nice.

August 21, 2017

By Frances

Morningside House is the first tour that we took. The person was very knowledgeable and very accommodating. They're excellent. I had three people on the tour, and they were all good. We had requested a lunch so we could be able to taste the food, but the tour went on and on. They showed us the apartments, and by the time we got around, lunch was over it was too late to get lunch. However, they bought lunch for us in their private dining area. I thought that was very nice of them to do that. I really liked their 2-bedroom, it has a mini-refrigerator. You can bring in a mini-microwave, too. My husband and I have our wheelchairs, but we don't need them all the time. Most of the doors are wide enough for the wheelchair to get in. The rooms did not have a balcony that I would love to be able to have, but it's not a biggie. It's something I can live with and better than what I have heard or seen in my life.

March 27, 2017

By Denise361875

My mom decided that she liked the Morningside House of Satyr Hill, so this is probably where we will go when we feel that she needs to go somewhere. It was a nice place, the rooms were a lot nicer than the other place, and the setup was a lot better. My mom just felt more comfortable with this place. The people were very nice. They have a community center where they have everybody come and do exercises.

June 28, 2016

By Janet670441

My dad is at Morningside House. They had furniture in the room. My dad did a 30-day period and seemed to fit in pretty well, so I chose to keep him there. The staff were knowledgeable and seemed to really care about the people who were there. They were very attentive to them, and I'm very pleased with the care that my dad received. They have people come from the outside, a barber that comes in once a week, and a gentleman that comes in and plays music. My dad seems to be doing very well.

August 21, 2013

Morningside seems like a pretty good place. It's clean, bright, and they seem to do a good job. The rooms are on a small side, but they don't need much more than that. There's something going on all day. They have bingo as well as people come in to play music and sing. The staff is really good. Everyone seems well taken care of. They help my aunt with her therapy, getting dressed, showering, and getting her into bed.

May 23, 2013

By Caring 5566

Morningside House at Satyr Hill was the closest we liked that was close to my father's original neighborhood. The staff were very cordial and looked after the needs of the residents for the most part. The room was bright and spacious, and he shared it wiith someone else. They had many activities like arts and crafts, music various nights a week, movies, outings, shopping, dining out, etc. I especially liked the spacious dining room and the living area which had a sun room connected to it.

April 09, 2013

By Nancy30

Morningside House is very, very clean. The staff is wonderful and nice. We're really very happy about them. The rooms are perfect.

Memory Care Reviews for Morningside House of Satyr Hill

Questions about Morningside House of Satyr Hill

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All required state trainings are held along with any trainings needed for specific resident care needs.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Morningside House of Satyr Hill. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average resident is 86 and many are local to this area. We do have out of the area and out of state residents who call us home too. The favorite activity here is Thursday Happy Hour! We also love music!

What programs or activities does Morningside House of Satyr Hill offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Spiritual and wellness/ exercise classes along with wellness classes headed by our wellness department.

What places are near Morningside House of Satyr Hill or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are nestled in a residential area but we are only a short car ride away from several shopping centers and restaurants!

What transportation services does Morningside House of Satyr Hill offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to appointments (15 miles) where they can meet up with their loved ones is Included in monthly rent. Also, many group outings to shopping, lunches and other fun off site events! Escort to appointments is available but there is a fee associated.

What makes the chef or dining program at Morningside House of Satyr Hill exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our residents have a monthly food committee meeting. There are options available for our residents and an always available menu to choose from! Our Director of Dining Services is happy to speak with residents and their families if they need extra help with the menu.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside House of Satyr Hill offer to assisted living residents?

All of our residents have pull cords in both living and bathroom areas in their apartments. For residents who need a little more we have a pendant system available.

How does Morningside House of Satyr Hill keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly newsletter along with regular emails from our Executive Director. We also have regular USPS (snail mail) information that is sent to our families and friends. Our Facebook page has great pictures too!

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Morningside House of Satyr Hill during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is need based. If our residents require more care we adjust staffing. We also have on-site nursing 7 days a week. Weekly visits from in house doctors and podiatry if requested and we are also able to help with in house laboratory services.

If Morningside House of Satyr Hill accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

YES! we are pet friendly. We have a walking path outside. We currently have 2 dogs and one cat that call Morningside House of Satyr Hill their furever home! Our Executive Director brings her fur baby Brooks in for our residents to too!!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staffing is need based. Currently we have a 1:6 ratio. If our residents require more care we adjust staffing. We also have on-site nursing 7 days a week. Weekly visits from in house doctors and podiatry if requested and we are also able to help with in house laboratory services.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside House of Satyr Hill provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a wonderful and secure memory care area for any residents who may wander.

What programs or activities does Morningside House of Satyr Hill offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Sensory activities in a calm and secure environment with 1 on 1 activities for those residents who need that support

Our Director of Wellness assesses prior to move in, after 30 days then every 45 days. Also, if a resident requires assessments due to a change in care needs.

What techniques does Morningside House of Satyr Hill use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We create a calm, distraction free environment with cueing, coaching and hands on assistance if needed.

How does Morningside House of Satyr Hill keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The staff host regularly scheduled meetings

Describe the neighborhood around Morningside House of Satyr Hill. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential but no worries- it is only a short car ride to several local restaurants and shops.

Is Morningside House of Satyr Hill affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any other organization. We do have strong ties with home health, hospice and other senior based providers if more care is needed.

Costs for Morningside House of Satyr Hill

Payment options

• Check

• State Licenses: 03AL1238

About Morningside House of Satyr Hill

For over twenty years, Morningside House of Satyr Hill has been providing an unmatched senior living experience to Parkville, Maryland. We offer two levels of care to better serve the families and seniors that place their trust in us and are proud of our vibrant Assisted Living and Memory Care neighborhoods.

In our Assisted Living neighborhood, our residents stop worrying about household chores and daily to-dos. Our conscientious professional staff helps create a more carefree life by providing laundry, housekeeping, and dining services to our residents. If they need help with personal care and hygiene, we can create a personalized care plan that helps our staff provide attentive care while still allowing our residents to maintain their independence whenever possible.

Our award-winning embrace Memory Care provides specialized care and environments to our residents living with Dementia or Alzheimer’s. Families can live with confidence knowing their loved one is living well in a community created around their personal needs. Based on the latest Dementia research, our staff uses visual cues and gentle guidance to help our residents find more independence and choice in their days. Our innovative programming helps connect our residents to the world around them and even provides support for friends and family, helping to make visits to our community more meaningful.

Select Rehab has space here in Morningside House and offers physical, occupational and speech therapy 7 days a week with doctors' orders. Every resident upon move-in is screened for therapy needs.

Map of Morningside House of Satyr Hill