Edenton Retirement Community Frederick, MD

Reviews of Edenton Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Edenton Retirement Community

March 27, 2015

By Doris35

My mother is already in an assisted living called Edenton Retirement. The location is perfect for her, and it’s where she wanted to be. Her reason of leaving the nursing home was that she hated the food there and she likes the food where she is now. The people are very nice as well as the staff. She is in a studio; she has her bed, chair, dresser, nightstand, microwave, and refrigerator, and a large closet. The bathroom is very big and nice with lots of space. She can also bring what she wants there. Once you’re in there if you want to go to a larger room, the first one that comes available you would be able to get.

January 09, 2014

Edenton is our choice for mom because it is smaller and the staff is very knowledgeable with all the stages of Alzheimer's care. They are very attentive and are able to react to the special needs of the behavioral disorders. She's in a room with a shared bathroom, two residents per bathroom. It has a closet and a window. The food is very nice. They had activities but she's not participating with the activities at this time.

September 10, 2011

By kbrocks

The Edenton Retirement Community is a gorgeous facility with friendly people and high spirits. I gave them three stars however because of what happened while my mother was staying there. She was staying there after consecutive falls while living alone. Our family decided to put her into Edenton Retirement Community "A Great Place to Hang Your Hat!" After about a month and I got the bill for her stay I noticed it was much higher then what we had signed up for because they made her/me pay almost 600 dollars a month for food. Also during one visit I went there to find her with a big bruise on her forehead from where she fell on their concrete. This was the exact reason we brought her here because we didn't want her getting hurt, but she did. After that i took her back home and she is now currently living with my sister.

Independent Living Reviews for Edenton Retirement Community

• Hourly Rate: $20 $25/Hour

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Edenton Retirement Community

Edenton Retirement Community is a senior living provider in Frederick, Maryland that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact Edenton Retirement Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Edenton Retirement Community