The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington

Reviews of The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington

Memory Care Reviews for The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington

January 05, 2018

By Betty

My husband ended up being at The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington. The food was horrible. He was only there for about four months. When he first went, I was fine with it, but as time went on, I had some things happen that I was very dissatisfied with. The food was horrible and he wouldn't eat it. I would sometimes go there and see what they ate. He was there from July to the end of October. The atmosphere was very good. They played games with them, sometimes they'd have a church group or somebody would come in and sing for them, but these people have dementia, so they're not really aware of the entertainment. They didn't watch him and the residents close enough. They'd get in trouble and things would happen. They seemed to hire a lot of young kids who are not as equipped to work with these residents.

June 10, 2016

By RobertJTBRV

Morning Pointe of Lexington is very clean, very friendly, has lots of activities, and is a good community. They had three different room sizes, and we went with the middle size because it was what was appropriate for Mom. She seemed comfortable there, and it was very clean. The staff seemed to be doing very well, were very attentive, very friendly, and very quick to respond if you ask for help.

November 22, 2015

My mom was at The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington for five days, and it was excellent. Her experience was very good. The staff was very pleasant, and everybody was very friendly. Its cleanliness was very good, too.

July 20, 2015

By Julia16

I’m using The Lantern at Morning Pointe for my parents. They seem to have a good music program to help with memory-refreshing. They had seemed to be really attentive to keep getting better. They have a lot of family meetings to check with people. The sanitation is very good.

February 26, 2015

I found a facility here in Lexington, and my mother is in Morning Pointe right now. Everything is going fairly well. Overall, I've been pleased. They've been very open and very helpful. They do lots of group activities, puzzles, sorting, counting, bingo, memory games, singing, reading the bible, and watching videos. They walk around, and they have exercise people who come in everyday.

August 29, 2014

The Lantern at Morning Pointe was a newer facility. It was very clean. It probably provided a few more options, but I thought the main description I would give was that the Lantern was bigger and more wide open. We actually took my mother-in-law to view it -- however, she liked the other facility we visited. It was probably because even though the Lantern appeared to be big open spaces, it wasn't that overwhelming. The rooms were equally beautiful. The hallway was twice the width and the ceilings were higher. They had warm color carpet, color wallpapers, light fixture that would have been homey and not institutional. That was still good, but I thought that with my mother-in-law's sight and hearing impairments, she liked to be more contained, and those wider hallways and higher ceilings probably just overwhelmed her a little bit. Again, the staff was very friendly. They were very welcoming. It looked like there were activities going on. There were actually a few more rooms dedicated to activities that might make a person with Alzheimer's feel at home, like a kitchen area that had towels, things that they could fold and dishes they could put away, kindly of like a playroom almost.

August 06, 2014

By Tammy13

The Lantern opened up three months after I placed my mom in an assisted living. I was told that it was cheaper which is always a plus. It was also closer to where I lived which is much better. I took a little tour and talked to people there. I decided to give it a try and moved my mom in November. From the very beginning, I notice that she is better taken care of. She seems to be cleaner. The staff works more with me because mentally, my mom has no idea who I am. She cannot answer questions appropriately. She needs to be taken to the bathroom more often. She can feed herself though. She's never been one who participates in activities but they do a lot of activities there. However, I don't know if it is the norm in every Lantern facility but everybody needs get out of the wheelchair and sit in a regular chair during meal time. Why can't the wheelchair be wheeled right up the table? Some of the residents are large and are getting to a point where they can't maneuver their legs as well. It is also hard for the workers. On the other hand, I would say that twenty years from now, The Lantern will still be bright and sparkling new in appearance because of the way it is made. The lighting that comes in makes a difference. Overall, I love that my mom is there. I always tell people that it is a great place to be.

July 09, 2014

By Barrie1

Every single person who worked there, from the executive, to the maintenance and to the nurse, takes time to check and visit with my mother. My mom is in memory care. She is in a good sized room. She has a space as plenty as she needs. It has a large bathroom and a nice closet. It looks out onto a courtyard. My mother said that one of her favorite parts is the food. She loves the fact that she gets dessert twice a day. Their dining room is light, fresh, and clean.

March 19, 2014

By betsysgirl

My mother was recently transferred here. My brother says the difference in care that she had received at her previous residence and the care she receives at The Lantern is like night and day. Mom is happy, responsive and active again. After a visit, my brother can leave Mom feeling confident she is getting quality care. I hope to see her soon; meanwhile I, too, rest easier knowing she's in good hands.

December 02, 2013

By jcoffin

Great staff that works hand and hand with the residents. Any issues or concerns I ever had were addressed immediately. I would absolutely recommend this community!
See all Memory Care reviews (10) See fewer reviews

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8 To 1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Yes

About The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington

Conveniently located at 225 Ruccio Way adjacent to Morning Pointe of Lexington Senior Living off of Reynolds Road and near Fayette Mall in Lexington, Kentucky, The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington is a single-level, state-of-the-art Alzheimer’s Center of Excellence specially designed for seniors with dementia and other memory care disorders. The community is 33,000 square feet with 40 apartments designed to enhance orientation.

A secure environment, licensed and professional 24 hour care, assistance with medication, nutritious meals - whatever your loved one needs and whenever they need it, The Lantern at Morning Pointe is here serving the greater Lexington, KY area.

Trained Lantern staff tap into each resident's personality and help them continue to have meaning and purpose during the hardest of times. The Lantern's team of professionals nurture and maintain each resident's individuality, dignity and quality of life through our Meaningful Day program. By investing time and attention in understanding roles, routines, life experiences and interests of each resident, the Lantern staff create an environment that truly enhances the quality of life.

‘Simple C’ is part of the Meaningful Day program. It’s an intuitive touch-screen that promotes memory, engagement, and better communication. Key details of a resident’s life story are uploaded to an individualized touch-screen therapy unit, which then uses pre-recorded voices, music and photos of family members or favorite caregivers to stimulate positive memories and prompt healthy routines, such as participation in mealtimes.

At The Lantern at Morning Pointe, trained staff listen to learn the resident's preferences and needs. Each care plan is tailored to assure dignity and enhance quality of life. Individual care plans are reviewed regularly and when necessary are coordinated with outside medical providers allowing the residents’ ever changing needs to be met today and in the future.

Licensed nurses at The Lantern work closely with the resident’s family and physicians to understand changing medication needs. Our licensed nurses oversee medication management ensuring your loved one takes the correct medication at the right time.

Eating right doesn’t have to be hard. At The Lantern our staff work closely with the residents to understand their preferences and create an ever changing menu that includes seasonal fruits and vegetables. A wide variety of nutritious entrees and always available alternate items create a dining experience that is full of choices. Come see the difference at The Lantern at Morning Pointe!

Map of The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington