The Atriums

Reviews of The Atriums

Assisted Living Reviews for The Atriums

August 31, 2015

By Joan112451750

The people are very, very nice at The Atrium Senior Living. The rooms were pretty. They have different kinds of activities, just anything you can think of. I will be moving in next month.

June 25, 2015

By Chris107661250

The Atriums was wonderful. It was clean, and it smelled good. They made everyone so welcome, and they came and checked on my in-laws. It was nice. They have a one bedroom, and it was better than we thought and it was worse than we thought. We really didn’t know what to think, but we are happy with it. They have a lot of stuff like movie night every night. They have activities like cooking class and cake decoration classes. They have a library card game. Stuff was scheduled every day so they have something they could go do. My in-laws were actually impressed with the food. The couple of meals I ate there were good as well.

December 19, 2014

My father has been at The Atriums since the middle of October. The people working there are very nice, very respectful, and very helpful. His room is a one-bedroom with TV room, which fits him. He is very busy, and he likes it. They have Bridge, religion, and movies. He buys breakfast and dinner, he likes the food, and he likes the company.

November 29, 2013

By Ron14

The Atriums is a really nice place. We had been to a lot of places and we thought that this is the most caring and most family like to the patients that's why we chose it for mom. We are very pleased with it. The rooms are nice. They have different styles. I will absolutely recommend it to others.

Independent Living Reviews for The Atriums

January 14, 2018

By Icelanderproblem

They facilitated a transfer of my personal items to there on Metcalf. I was surprised to find 50% of my high end goods and jewelry gone. And sorry to say till this day. Nothing has been recovered. My family is devastated.

May 26, 2017

By michael458074

The Atriums seemed more like a hotel or an embassy suite. There are no outdoor options or doing outside things. The location is a little limited as far as access to trails and just being outside. It's more of an always indoor kind of thing, and it's not what we're looking for. It's a good and nice place, and I like the amenities. The folks are nice, accommodating, and have a very great attitude. As far as the people and atmosphere, it was positive.

December 15, 2015

By Eddie5

I’m currently at The Atriums. The staff and all of the residents are nice people. The facility is big, clean, and roomy. The apartment that I’m in is not big, but I’m by myself, so I don’t need a big apartment. However, it does have a kitchen with a dishwasher. The food is good. They have many activities, like field trips, plus a swimming pool and a place for residents to work out.

January 20, 2014

By Mike40

We've placed my mother-in-law at The Atriums. The place is really very nice. They offer lots of activities and the rooms are also very nice. I like that they treat the people like humans.

November 24, 2012

By Marti2

The Atrium is in a one floor building. It's beautiful and they have lots of social activities and they have great meals. I know quite a few of the staff there. They have very good management team. The woman that runs the place is the owner. It's almost like living on a cruise ship. It's a beautiful facility. They have big choice of rooms from studio to 3-bedroom apartments. I liked it very much. However, I felt like my son would not fit into the independent living category. He needs more supervision than that. But if I ever needed to move to a place, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

Questions about The Atriums

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Atriums. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

34 Apartments, Avg. Age 85, Scenic Bus Rides.

What programs or activities does The Atriums offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily Exercise, Music, Games - Bingo, Cards, Word Games. Karaoke, Walking Club, Water Exercise.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Atriums exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant Style Dining, 3 meals a day, daily specials and always available menus.

What safety features or security measures does The Atriums offer to assisted living residents?

Pendants/Emergency and Nurse call buttons. Emergency Pull cords in Bath and BR's. 24/7 Nursing staff. Maintenance/Security 24/7.

How does The Atriums keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Per Nursing Care Plans. Direct phone calls and or Email requests.

If The Atriums accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Through out the building or anywhere outdoors as long as leashed.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All required by the State and Tutera policies.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Atriums. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

168 Apt. 80/85, Bus trips, activities, Cocktail Hour, Music, Bingo, Bocce Ball.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Restaurants, shopping.

What transportation services does The Atriums offer to independent living residents?

Shopping, Medical, Bus trips/Scenic Rides.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Atriums exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

3meals a day , Restaurant Style Dining, Always available and daily Specials.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Walking path, Courtyards, several lounge areas, swimming pool, Fitness/Wellness Center.

What safety features or security measures does The Atriums offer to independent living residents?

Gated Community, 24/7 available answering service or Concierge.

If The Atriums accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Anywhere as long as leashed.

Does The Atriums work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

What safety features or security measures does The Atriums provide to protect residents who wander?

We are not a Memory Care Community, Resident are free to come and go as they are able.

Costs for The Atriums

Photos of The Atriums

Services and Amenities of The Atriums

• Pool

• State Licenses: N046062

• Get Costs

About The Atriums

We offer elegant, resort-style retirement living at the center of Overland Park, Kansas. There are no endowment or entrance fees, at The Atriums.

You’ll find luxury apartments for independent and assisted living, a full schedule of activities and a catered dining experience second to none. The Atriums has everything you are looking for in a retirement lifestyle!

Map of The Atriums