Tallgrass Creek

Reviews of Tallgrass Creek

Independent Living Reviews for Tallgrass Creek

May 17, 2015

By Christine107010750

We were greeted very warmly at Tallgrass Creek. They gave time and were very willing to work with us for my mother. Everything was very nice, new, and clean. You have to pay for house cleaning, but there is laundry in every apartment. My mom said she felt like she is at home. It was a really a beautiful thing for us.

January 21, 2015

By Stuart6

We visited Tallgrass Creek. The place was beautiful, but it didn't provide the services that we need. It was a wonderful place. If you want to live in congregate living, it would be fine. It is nearly new, and it is four years old, so everything about it has a very upscale, updated atmosphere about it. It is also probably one of the most expensive in the area, and consequently there were all types of details in their unit that you wouldn't necessarily find in moderately priced facilities.

July 31, 2014

By Rebecca24

We chose Tallgrass Creek because of the location, amenities, and pricing. The staff was very helpful, well-trained, and competent. The rooms are very modern and up-to-date and were more spacious than the others we visited. The dining room was comparable to other facilities.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Tallgrass Creek

August 09, 2015

By Ruby7

My mother-in-law is in Tallgrass Creek. It is quite unique, and it is very nice. They have a clinic, which is sufficient. They have nurses and social workers. They have a multitude of activities. The food is excellent. They have walking trails and transportation. It is actually one of the topnotch facilities in the Kansas City area. They have a huge indoor swimming pool, a gym, a library, and a little convenience store.

April 06, 2015

The staff at Tallgrass Creek was very accommodating, pleasant, and helpful. They offer organized activities by groups or individually. They also offer transportation that takes you to concerts and shopping malls. They have adequate parking for your own car if you want to take it there. It’s a gated community, and you have to check in at the gate. You also have to check in at the lobby, and they will ask you who you want to see, so I think it is secure. We were able to eat there, and their dining area is very well maintained and very clean. The food was good.

March 20, 2015

By Becky30

We had my father in another facility named Tallgrass Creek. He was in rehab there for maybe three weeks. Their therapist is good, but the therapists only see the patients for maybe half an hour a day or an hour a day. They just did not have a good system partly because they are newer, and they have not worked out all their kinks yet. I just think their sights are on maybe the wrong priorities. We get promised a lot of stuff at the front end when you are looking at the place, but then it isn’t delivered very well, and it was just stressful for me to have my dad at Tallgrass Creek.

April 05, 2014

By Diana31

The one that we went to recently is Tallgrass. It was fairly close. The proximity was a good thing. It's fairly new, so it's very clean. It has a nice exercise room and pool. The people seemed to be a lot more active and lively. My parents are probably more active than some of the other seniors. It seemed like there was a lot going on, and that was appealing. There were some good-sized apartments. They have a 2-bedroom townhome. It's a little more expensive because you have a buy-in there. We were very impressed with the lady who took us around on a tour. The people we met were very nice. It's a very nice facility.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Photos of Tallgrass Creek

Services and Amenities of Tallgrass Creek

About Tallgrass Creek

Tallgrass Creek is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 65 picturesque acres in Overland Park, Kansas, Tallgrass Creek is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Tallgrass Creek offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Step outside your maintenance-free apartment home and stroll to our spectacular clubhouse through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that let you laugh at the weather. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and two restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, and classrooms. Not to mention a bank and ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Tallgrass Creek also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Tallgrass Creek