StoryPoint Naperville

Reviews of StoryPoint Naperville

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Naperville

September 15, 2021

By Charles

Over 2 years ago my wife, who has Alzheimer's, and I were looking to downsize to an assisted living facility. We toured 11 facilities in the Naperville, Lisle and Aurora cities. We looked, not for the places we wanted to go to, but where we didn't want to go to. We worked from the bottom up and found Story Point on top of our list. The marketing team was very accommodating and walked our 3 daughters through the facility individually. We even came in unannounced one time to see how the building people acted to surprise visit. We were at Story Point when the Covid virus broke. Many of the locations we had visited were reporting 10, 20 even 30 deaths and infections. The Medical Director and Facility Director acted very professional and did a lock down. No one in and no one out. Masks and temperature checks for everyone. Some residents thought it was too strong a reaction at first, but many of those residents may not be with us today if Story Point, in my opinion, did not do this. I can sleep at night knowing this location puts its residents well being first. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking to downsize or needs assisted living care to visit Story Point and see in person what made us move here. My wife and I have no regrets!!

August 15, 2021

By L.M.

I like StoryPoint Naperville, but they did not provide the trial service. They will refurnish or remodel so it will look nice, clean, and have plenty of space for each room. I like that too. They have a bigger garden, and the open spaces were bigger for the people. Besides, they don't need to stay in the room all the time. They have lunch in a bigger restaurant. Because they're remodeling, everything is new. They have a lot of activities. They even have a piano there. When we were there, the staff told me that every morning they have some exercise classes, painting, and one of the residents will teach people piano, and those kinds of thing. They have a movie theater, and they play movies. They have all kinds of things. They also play bridge. One thing: when we were passing the restaurant, it smelled so good.

July 14, 2021

By Susan

I have no problem with StoryPoint Naperville, except my mom doesn't like the food. The price is right and the apartment is nice. She has some issues with the people who work there; they're not that friendly. They're probably overworked but they're showing that in their work, so that's not good. It used to be Spring Meadows, and they're just taking over, so I'm not sure if things are going to improve at all, or if it's going to get worse. They have independent living, assisted living, and memory care. Because of COVID, they really haven't done too much. They're just starting to open up the dining room and things like that. The whole time my mom's been there, they've been under COVID protocols. They have a bus and they're supposed to take them shopping if they want. She is in an independent living apartment, but they are providing assisted living care. So the apartment is nice and spacious, and it has a washing machine and dryer in the unit, a stove, and a refrigerator. Compared to a lot of other places that I've looked at, there's a lot of room in it, so the value for the money as a place to live is great. She has people who come in and give her medication, take her garbage out, and bring food and stuff. I would say the CNAs are not very good. I think they had a birthday event downstairs (supposedly), and someone came in and played the piano for them a couple weeks ago.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you are impressed with the apartments. It is unfortunate that your mom has not had a good experience with the staff, as we understand this relationship is critical. Unfortunately, we have not had a family come to us with these concerns, so we are unaware of who to reach out to. We would like to connect with you directly to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please call the community and ask to speak with our Executive Director. Thank you!

February 01, 2020

By PN

The apartments were very spacious, and the kitchens were very nicely remodeled with full size refrigerators, cook stoves, sinks, beautiful backsplashes, cabinet trays, and in-unit washers and dryers. They also had several floor plans, all of which were very spacious and accommodating. The staff was very involved. There were a lot of activities in the communal areas. I liked that it was a smaller community with a lot of assisted living residents of varying ages. The age range would've been socially beneficial to my mother. It was mealtime when we were there, and everything smelled and looked beautiful; all the residents seemed pleased.

March 13, 2018

By M.D.

We moved my uncle here, and it's all very good. We have no complaints at all, and we're very happy. The overall care is very good, they have activities, and he participates in some. The meals are very good, the staff is very good, and he likes them.

August 21, 2017

By Lee M

Everyone was really friendly. It was very clean. The apartment that my father was going to move into had been all updated and was spotless. It was small, but there was plenty of room. It had a washer and dryer in the unit which was great. It would've been really wonderful if it would've worked. They had all kinds of activities and an exercise class was going on in one of the big rooms when I was there. There's a nice meeting room where people can sit, drink coffee, and read the paper. It was nice.

February 11, 2017

By AT380012

My parents moved in. They were able to get a 2-bedroom, 2-bath unit, and those seemed hard to find. It was spacious and relatively large, probably about 700 sq. ft. My parents like the food. My dad’s only complaint is there aren’t a lot of gluten-free options, and he has gluten intolerance, but he’s able to order off an alternative menu most of the time, so it’s working out OK. They seem to have a lot of activities. They do have a beauty salon. They have a small store to get things like milk and bread. They have a shuttle service that takes the residents to nearby stores like they’ll go to Target one day and to a grocery store another day. I think they have someone who comes to give communion once a week. Everyone seemed very friendly, and it’s a very active place.

February 07, 2017

By Joyce607272

I thought it was nice, but we couldn't afford it. The lady who helped us was really very pleasant, very nice, and gave us a lot of information and a nice tour of the place. It was very clean and beautiful. The apartment she showed us was very nice.

December 06, 2016

By Beverly860138

I have moved my father in. It is very clean. The staff is very friendly and very efficient. They’re very upbeat. The place is very eye-appealing. Food is excellent.

September 29, 2016

By Amy613806

My parents are moving in a couple of weeks. Our overall experience with them was wonderful. Their tour advisor was just amazing. She was very informative, extremely helpful, and respectful to my parents. She’s made the whole transition very easy. I really can’t recommend her enough. The rooms had lots of windows and were very bright and airy. The food was fine.

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Naperville

March 08, 2021

By J.C.

We checked out StoryPoint Naperville. It was a great visit, and it was a nice place, but too crowded, and too busy. They showed me everything, and that was very nice. I think they had a full kitchen. The staff member was very nice, she was great. They said they were remodelling. It was clean.

January 03, 2021

By Rev1117

I didn't really like the location of StoryPoint in Naperville. It was in a middle of a busy road. The staff member who welcomed me there was very thorough. She was good. The facility wasn't great, but it was fine. It was just one building. There was not much to it. I remember they had doctors on the staff and they could do lab work there, which I liked. The place though was more institutional. I saw some residents in the lobby. They were pretty old. They didn't seem young and active like some other places.

November 23, 2016

By Truby

It was very spacious, and they had washers and dryers in the rooms. They made available for seniors to go outside to swim. We looked at a 1-bedroom and 2-bedrooms; however, my husband was concerned that his car will be out all the time. They could take us for doctor's appointments, or a doctor can come in if you're really sick. The staff was friendly and willing to answer questions, so it worked out fine.

January 15, 2016

By George118520850

The room was the right size for one person. I liked the in-room monitors and the emergency call buttons in the room. The staff was very pleasant and answered all of the questions that I asked. When I went there, it was at a meal time, so I was there when everyone was eating. The food looked nice, and the dining area was clean with a bunch of smaller tables rather than large tables, which facilitates more communication. It’s so close to my house, and it’s the one that I liked the best.

December 20, 2015

By Mary117797450

This was the one my mother liked best. I think she liked the setups of the rooms, the availability of transportation, and what her options were in terms of getting assistance on just the things she needed. It was clean, the setup was nice, the meal plan was good, and she liked the general location of it because of the access to her doctors, and we've got some family up there as well. From that standpoint, she thought that it was very good.

August 30, 2014

It was very nice. This is the one place that did have the washer and dryers in the apartment. The apartments were good size, it had a full kitchen, it was clean, and it was updated. It was not the place for my mother because they didn't have Spanish-speaking residents. But it was a very nice and that was the only issue I found with that place. I talked to Kathleen. She was very nice, very polite, and she walked me around and showed me the different units and explained to me what features were included in the unit, like the meals, different games and things that they could do. I think they have an area for a salon. She walked me through the place and she spent a lot of time talking to me so that I understood what was going on. But to me one of the most important thing is the unit my mother will live in. The unit was beautiful. They were updating the units and so they were very nice, clean and bright. They had windows, full kitchen, a nice bedroom, living room, dining room area, they had a washer and dryer right there by the bathroom. So I thought it was very nice. The bathroom was nice and big, so if you needed to get a walker in or a wheelchair, you can do that. I think their eating area was nice. If I remember it correctly, they even had nice white table cloths on the table. They also have bingo, dominos, reading, exercises, Wii bowling, and church activities.

Memory Care Reviews for StoryPoint Naperville

Costs for StoryPoint Naperville

Photos of StoryPoint Naperville

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Naperville

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Get Costs

About StoryPoint Naperville

Welcome to StoryPoint Naperville! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our various senior living options include independent living, enhanced living, assisted living, memory care, and respite care services. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. StoryPoint Naperville is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Assisted Living

Assisted living provides a licensed environment for individuals requiring everyday assistance while promoting the greatest level of independence and privacy.

Memory Care

Designed for those with dementia or other memory impairments, memory care provides services in a licensed environment by specially trained professionals.

Respite Care

Our respite program is designed to provide comprehensive support for those who are in need of temporary care. We also offer spacious apartments and access to our community’s services and amenities.

Community Amenities:

• 24-hour staffing • Restaurant-style meals served daily • Large, elegant dining room with private dining rooms • Social, educational, and recreational programs and activities • Housekeeping and laundry services • On-site beauty salon/barbershop • Scheduled courtesy transportation • Well-stocked library • On-site therapy services • Lounge area with a big-screen TV • Computer area • Activity center with games • Religious services • Exercise room • Piano in the common area • On-site banking • And more

Map of StoryPoint Naperville