Villa St. Benedict

Reviews of Villa St. Benedict

Assisted Living Reviews for Villa St. Benedict

November 02, 2017

By Richard

Villa St. Benedict was nice, had a lot of people, and a lot of activities. It was very religious, which was important to us. They have a nice restaurant which reminds me of a cruise ship. It's expensive.

Hi Richard, Thank you for your visit and we appreciate your wonderful review of our boutique community. We do hope you can come back and visit again during an upcoming event or personal tour. We would like to also go over all the things that are part of our services and amenities that are included in your monthly fees(maintenance free, all utilities, phone and cable, housekeeping and much more) and possibly doing a Compare the Value...which could be an eye opener. Please call us anytime to re-visit and to meet some of our residents to get their input on all that we do to help you keep Living Fully, Living Well! 630.725.7033 Marketing

April 11, 2017

By Marcia614643

We went to Villa St. Benedict. It was good and definitely one that my parents thought about going to. It was an active community with several resources and amenities that my parents liked. They had apartments or condo units that were fairly large. Even their one-bedroom was large and luxurious.

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous Daughter4

The apartments were beautiful at Villa St. Benedict, but it seemed very still and quiet without any people out. We also found out that it was a buy-in facility where you have to put down an amount that was way outside of what we are looking to do.

Thank you for visiting Villa St. Benedict....yes we are a very unique community surrounded by beautiful grounds. This is a very residential independent setting, so it can be at times peaceful and quiet in some of the communal areas... just the way the residents prefer. We have many activities and social things on our calendar (as noted on our website)and in different areas of the campus which are available for residents to participate as they like. This is an independent active community, so many residents are out and about. And as a buy in, CCRC the money they invest is for their long term planning and for many more amenities than a townhome complex or condo community would offer. Please you are welcome to call me anytime so that I can further explain all that our community offers and benefits for your senior retirement planning. 630.725.7033- SMD

October 28, 2015

By Lyn14

I like Villa St. Benedict in Lisle, but they were extremely expensive.

October 18, 2015

By Has a relative

Very nice. Clean. Love most things about this place. Employees are nice and pleasant. A couple of the concierges could use some customer service training. They're unpleasant and look like you are bothering them. Food is good, however, plan on staying at least 2 to 2 1/2 hours if you eat in the dining room. Servers are pleasant and friendly, but inexperienced . Food takes forever. Apts are nice, like the amenities. Expensive.

We appreciate your visit to our community and your pleasant review of our apartments, amenities, culinary and employees...that are very hospitable, which is part of our Benedictine Tradition. Our culinary experience is of fine dining and with special orders that are prepared daily and the extensive menu offered; allowing time for meals is part of our relaxing atmosphere. We hope that you would visit with us again, so we can offer further information on our community and amenities and costs involved. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. SMD- Phyllis

May 17, 2015

By Connie106602950

We visited the Villa St. Benedict, and it was very nice. We love everything about it except when you have to move up to another level of care it is $9000 and $12000, and we don’t have much income. The apartments were fine, and the bistro, the shop and the entertainment were fine as well. The food was good; we had soup and chicken. I would recommend it to anybody who can afford it.

April 20, 2015

By Jack37

Somebody told me about Villa St. Benedict. The rooms/apartments were pretty nice. It was a nice and clean facility. The staff who assisted us was very pleasant and informative. Security seemed to be very good.

October 28, 2013

Villa St. Benedict was very nice. They had good programs. We had a couple of meals there and they were very good. We looked at one of the duplexes and one of the apartments in the building and they were very nice. They had lots of amenities. However, I thought it was beyond our means.

Independent Living Reviews for Villa St. Benedict

January 03, 2021

By Rev1117

I went to see Villa St. Benedict in Lisle. The woman in charge was very good. She was very thorough and gave us a lot of suggestions. It was a very nice facility. It felt homey. I was very positive about it. It looked like a very good place. It seemed very clean. Overall, it was a good visit.

January 28, 2020

By Wayne_B

My mother has been living at the facility for a year now, and she loves it. She is in the smallest apartment available, but it is more than adequate for her. It has a large living room, bedroom with walk-in closet, full kitchen with range/oven, full size fridge, dishwasher and microwave, and a bathroom. There is also a stackable washer/dryer. The staff is very attentive. The nurse noticed that that she was not taking her medications at the right time, and informed me right away. They also alert me when she need additional medication. The staff is very polite and they communicate well. The activities are setup like a cruise ship; there are lots of things to do with others if you like social events, but you can stay in your room if you'd like. In addition to weekly trips to the grocery / drug stores, there are also special events like concerts at North Central College, a movie on site every Sunday in the Great room, and Wii Bowling tournaments. In December, the residents took a bus into downtown Chicago for lunch in the Walnut Room at Macy's and a Christmas concert right after. The food is varied and tastes good. Residents can choose from a Deli/Cafe, Bar/Lounge, or formal sit-down restaurant foe their meal choices, and meals are included in the monthly fee. The campus is great for walking, especially once the weather warms up. There are walking paths with benches, so it's easy to get some exercise or find an isolated spot to read a book. There are gazebos outside the restaurant so dining al fresco is an option. All in all, it's a good fit for mom. She has plenty of opportunities for interaction and she is enjoying her time there.

Wayne, thank you for taking the time to let the world know about your mom's positive experiences at Villa St. Benedict. Have a great day!

January 23, 2019

By RJCNC

My mother moved in slightly over a year ago and I have been thoroughly pleased. The facility is very clean, the setting is beautiful, there are plenty of activities, and a staff who is excited about getting residents involved. The rooms are very pleasant and easily accessible. I think the clincher was the magnificent church onsite. No longer driving in the cold snowy Chicago winter to get to church. Just a walk down the hallway. Regarding the pricing, there may be cheaper options but not with the amenities that are important to our family.

We are so happy that your mother has made a smooth transition into our community and that she has taken full advantage of everything we have to offer to make it her home. We look forward to her being part of our family for years to come!

December 13, 2017

By Ray C

We moved my mother to Villa St Benedict a year ago. After a year's worth of experience, I can state that the place is fantastic! The staff, amenities, food, activities, facility...all great!! Most importantly, my mom feels the same way. She constantly comments on how clean the place is, which, coming from her, is quite a compliment. We feel very fortunate, and relieved, that she is in such a wonderful environment. (Did I mention the awesome bar / lounge / patio area??) We are especially grateful for how the staff (Phyllis) worked with us and was flexible with move-in arrangements as we struggled to convince our mother that it was time to move out of her house. Phyllis understood the tensions and helped us navigate the process. Without hesitation, I recommend VSB.

November 09, 2016

By Judy608221

Villa St. Benedict is probably the Cadillac of places; it was beautiful -- very expensive -- and you have to buy in. We ate in the Bistro or deli, and it was very good. It’s like a small café. I think they only serve dinner in the dining area. The staff was very helpful, pleasant, and very welcoming. They had a bell choir, Bingo, cards, and games. They have a craft room where people could go and do scrapbook or make things, and there are several activities every day.

Thank you for visiting VSB and your wonderful commentary... We offer many amenities and all utlities that are included in the monthly service fee, which when you do a Compare the Value listing can prove to be very eye opening and great value ! Please come back again to an event or dine with us, so we can go over some of the Benefits and Amenities. Warmest Regards. Sales & Marketing 630.725.7033.

August 30, 2014

Villa St. Benedict is a very beautiful facility. I couldn't really find anything wrong with it. But it's very pricey. Just to get into the place, you're talking almost $200,000. That's kind of pricey when you're looking at somebody in their 80s. It is beautiful. The grounds are massive. It's the largest place out of all the places I went to. My mom is already in her 80s. It just doesn't make sense in my mind to be putting out $200,000 because you own the unit. It is very large. You can even have your own little duplex and you can live off on your own, which I didn't like. They need to come in to the main building for food. I didn't care for that. But that's okay for people who are younger than my mother. They have a beautiful church inside the building. Everything is beautiful in there. They had all sorts of activities, like exercises. They're across the street from a university, so they would have the students who are studying to be physical therapists work with the residents there to help them with their exercise. They had the biggest gym out of any place I saw. When you go there and you've seen it, you're in awe because it is beautiful until they tell you the price.

June 30, 2014

Questions about Villa St. Benedict

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All are certified or licensed nurses, receiving yearly training with Rush Alzheimer's

What programs or activities does Villa St. Benedict offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Seniorcise, News & Coffee, Singing from notes, Appetizer & Trivia, Drumming Circle, social hour, bingo, Chef's show & taste, mass daily at Sacred Heart Chapel

What places are near Villa St. Benedict or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

On our own grounds we offer 47 acres of walking paths, gazebo, outdoor patios. Mortem Arboretum is near by and Naperville river walk.

What transportation services does Villa St. Benedict offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is offered for outings to movies ,arboretum trips, other social day trips and medical appointments

What makes the chef or dining program at Villa St. Benedict exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef prepared meals are exceptional as it is the same menu that is offered to independent living, many daily offerings, seasonal changes, Chef's Show & Taste programs and much more!

What safety features or security measures does Villa St. Benedict offer to assisted living residents?

Staffing 24/7, pendants, security after hours

How does Villa St. Benedict keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Open door policy invites residents and their families to connect with us anytime. Community activities and volunteer opportunities also invites families to see how their loved ones are engaged and involved.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Villa St. Benedict during daytime and nighttime hours?

4/5 to 1

If Villa St. Benedict accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

pets would need to be responsibility of the resident , for picking up after on community grounds.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

all staff is certified and licensed. yearly training for CE's offered on premise and Rush Alzheimer's training yearly, CPR training

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

we are minutes from downtown Naperville, downers grove, oakbrook, Metra to downtown; Arboretum, and all types of shopping, dining, outings.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Villa St. Benedict has organized?

DuPage Symphony, Drury Lane plays, Paramount Theatre, day trips.

What transportation services does Villa St. Benedict offer to independent living residents?

Van for daily trips and private car for personalized trips and doctor appointments

What makes the chef or dining program at Villa St. Benedict exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The menu is extensive with 2 specialty items daily for lunch and dinner, everything made fresh daily. Specialty Flytes and wine pairing venues.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

47 acre campus, walking paths, gazebo, outdoor patios and all other

What safety features or security measures does Villa St. Benedict offer to independent living residents?

24 hour staffing and security guard

Pets are welcome, there are outdoor grounds to walk them.

Does Villa St. Benedict work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have our own personalized care with At Your Service

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our memory care is small with 14 rooms , 3/4 to 1

What safety features or security measures does Villa St. Benedict provide to protect residents who wander?

Memory care is a locked area or 14 private rooms.

What programs or activities does Villa St. Benedict offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Music, exercise, dancing, singing, drawing, daily mass. Personalized attention is given in this intimate setting of 14 rooms in a house like environment.

Director of nursing and certified nurse assistants are consistently assessing. Daily and weekly meetings occur to review resident's needs.

Describe the neighborhood around Villa St. Benedict. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The area is overlooking our beautiful campus of 47 acres of trees and greenery.

Is Villa St. Benedict affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We work with families to help find the right place if the time is needed.

Photos of Villa St. Benedict

Services and Amenities of Villa St. Benedict

• Companion Suites: No
  • Detached Homes
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Yes

About Villa St. Benedict

One of America's premier senior living communities, Villa St. Benedict is nestled on breathtaking grounds in Lisle, Illinois – conveniently located just west of Chicago. Co-sponsored by The Benedictine Sisters of the Sacred Heart and Benedictine Health System, we are a not-for-profit, faith-based community that is welcoming to all.

Villa St. Benedict is a faith-based community built on a set of core values that help enrich the everyday lives of our residents. These values form the foundation of our dynamic continuum of care approach, which seamlessly integrates the social, psychological, physical and spiritual aspects of well-being.

Hospitality...

Every time you walk through the door, you're greeted by a warm, friendly feeling that says you're home.

Stewardship...

We treat you like family, taking care of many everyday chores and responsibilities, so you can enjoy life on your own terms.

Respect...

You're always treated with the kind of compassionate consideration that makes you feel like an honored guest.

Justice...

You'll always be treated fairly and reasonably, with good will and dignity.

Map of Villa St. Benedict