Sunrise of Barrington

510 West Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL 60010
Sunrise of Barrington (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 218 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Barrington

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Barrington

June 15, 2015

By Ellen46

Sunrise of Barrington was a very nice place. The people gave us the tour and followed up on the phone were very friendly and very helpful. And even after I told them that we couldn't use their services, they went out of their way to contact me if they heard about something they thought that I might be able to use. They just seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. I was very impressed with that part of it. Some of these places I called were like so cold, and I didn’t even want to go see them.

May 01, 2015

By Deborah105691450

Sunrise of Barrington is really nice. It is independent and assisted living. It is very good, very appealing, and clean. The staff seemed engaging and anxious to answer any question. I'm an RN, so it has met my standards. I didn't really get into the activities because I was more interested in the facility itself. I engage with a lot of people, but I also like my quiet time, so it gives you both opportunities.

January 29, 2015

The staff at Sunrise of Barrington seemed very friendly and helpful, and the apartments were very nice, spacious, and clean. The dining room was open and bright with a variety of differently sizzed tables. They had a wide variety of things -- they had chair exercises, bingo, card games, and entertainment. It was very bright and clean.

February 28, 2014

The visit that we had at Sunrise of Barrington was great. The room that I saw was nice and it was well lit. We asked about the cost and the facility is too expensive for us. The staff that entertained us was excellent and she was very helpful.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Barrington

Questions about Sunrise of Barrington

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Team Members go through orientation when they first start and continue with monthly trainings.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Barrington offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a program that revolves around 8 purposeful living experiences: Our Live with Purpose programming includes: Live with Action, Live with Anticipation, Live with Artistry, Live with Generosity, Live with Learning, Live with Legacy, Live with Melody, Live with Reflection

Our Resident Care Director, Elizabeth Estanislao, and our Resident Care Coordinator, Sarah Heather, assess our residents with a Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment tool prior to someone moving into our community. This assessment rolls into our residents Individualized Service Plan and is re-assessed every 6 months or if there has been a significant change in the residents cognitive or physical abilities.

What techniques does Sunrise of Barrington use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We are dining in our dining rooms, one person at a table. Since we know how important a social environment is, we have residents at separate tables, but facing one another so they can mirror one another.

How does Sunrise of Barrington keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have many platforms in means for communicating with our families. Not only do we have the ability to FaceTime/Skype, but we also offer window side visits and we have a platform named SMILE that we use to take pictures and videos of our residents and share those moments instantly and in real-time, to their loved ones!

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Barrington. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

-Located in a peaceful neighborhood in Lake County, IL—on the corner of W. Northwest Highway and Cumnor Avenue, just northwest of Barrington Train Station -Convenient to many medical facilities, including Good Shepherd Hospital, Alexian Brothers Medical Group, and Northwest Primary Healthcare -Close proximity to Woodfield Mall, Barrington Area Library, Sears Centre, and Ron Beese Park

Is Sunrise of Barrington affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Sunrise of Barrington