Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach

Reviews of Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach

April 21, 2016

By Leslie Blanco

I never make it a priority to write a review, this time is different. Why? Well, first after all the the facilities we've looked at for my aunt this place says home. The common areas are spacious and there is even not one but two courtyards for the residents. Another quality we found a plus was the schedule. My aunt enjoys entertainment and tranquil settings. I think with the right music she'll be just fine. : )

April 21, 2016

By CPorter

This facility caught me completely off guard. I've lived in the area for many years and only noticed it recently when I was looking to place my brother in a local assisted living community. Walking in, I was amazed by the modern touches and welcoming staff. The building was super secure, you literally had to bypass three different secured doors to reach memory care residents which was a plus in my book. So far everything looks up and up.

March 07, 2016

By Edwards2

Great rate. Great staff. Great location. Clean. I give this community 5 stars.

February 10, 2016

By Kenata A.

My husband is at Citywalk Assisted Living. It’s a very nice facility. The problem is the facility is old. The amenities are not what I want for him. He has been there for a month now. He is in a very small room. It is an old hotel; so obviously it doesn’t have the amenities that a newer building would have, but they are renovating. They’re working very hard to upgrade it. The people there are wonderful. The manager is just an absolutely darling person, and knows every resident by name; which I find remarkable because there are a lot of people there. However, it is just not the right situation for my husband. He is in a wheelchair, and they only have one elevator in the whole building on four floors. For people who can walk, and have the choice of taking the stairs or waiting for an uncrowded elevator, it is perfect; but it is not the right place for my husband. They have all levels. They have an Alzheimer’s floor.

December 31, 2015

By RELA

Other

when my grandmother was attending this place it was horrible we didn't want her there in the first place and where glad to get her out of there. she was always dirty her belongings always disappeared, she was always getting bruised and when asked we would always get the same answer " I wast working that shift" so apparently no one ever worked there. the place looked lifeless it was very old, dark, the rooms where super small, rooms always smelled like mold. The people working there had such bad attitude except for one person, i went in one day to see my grandmother and found a lady on the floor bleeding from her head and could not find ANYBODY to help her. My grandmother was in the Alzheimer's unit i remember seeing the staff push and pull the poor people, stuff food down there mouth. HORRIBLE PLACE!!!!

November 24, 2015

By elderhelpneededasap

Other

This facility is not a place where you would even pound your animal for the weekend and I know how people feel about your animals. This facility doesn't seem to care for the residents when they are out of sight it's like being out of mind they take the residents to the Doctor leave them there remember this is a place where the residents have mental diagnosis I recommend you go there during normal and after business hours. This is a issue and this place is charging these poor people Medicare this is a disgrace and this needs to be reported to Children families these poor people didn't ask for these issues and there family members if they have any are being fooled and even the manager facility admin don't care maybe someone will read this and take a good look before you leave your family there please not pleasant in or out.. Just fools people because its in City Place don't be fooled by that.

April 20, 2015

By looking325

City Walk is an excellent choice. It is located in a fabulous location and truly goes above an beyond for its residents. I highly recommend it for anyone needing assistance but not wanting the feeling of being institionalized.

March 07, 2015

I didn’t feel City Walk Assisted Living was as safe or secure. People are allowed to go out and walk around the area. I didn’t like the idea that they had security guards, and I didn’t like the fact that it was downtown. I was afraid that my daughter was going to walk out of there and get lost. It was a nice place, and it was clean. The only problem I had was the security.

December 03, 2014

City Walk Assisted Living is worth checking out. They were very nice and very informative during the visit. They had so many things going on there like arts and crafts, and I think they had people leaving on a bus going somewhere or go on fieldtrips. It’s a moderate sized facility. It’s updated, and it’s very clean. It’s close to the beach, the library, Walgreens, Walmart, and Publix.

December 24, 2013

By SPAltman63

Perfect location! When we visit my mother there're plenty of things to do and for her to enjoy. The staff is very attentive as well! My mother loves it there!

April 22, 2013

By joepeters

Great location. Right in the middle of everything. Seems like they've just upgraded all the grounds. I've given this a second look based on a social worker's advice at nearby hospital. I decided to place my brother there who's 49 and he's been happy there. It's been about 5 months. So far so good.

April 18, 2013

I chose Citywalk Assisted Living for my son because it was recommended by a relative in Florida. He was happy there at first. My son was on Medicaid and it was accepted there. I found out later that he lost his Medicaid because they forgot to have it processed. And it took quite a while to have it sorted out. There were many residents, so they had a lot of things to keep up with. They overlooked some of their responsibilities.

March 29, 2013

By Peter5

The director who showed us around Citywalk Active Living was really hospitable. The rooms were average. The place was livable the budget was tight. Their program should be improved.

September 24, 2012

By michelle514

I visited a family member and was very sad to see the interior of the rooms. They are tiny and cramped. Some only have a toilet with the shower and sink down the hall. Closets are built free standing and are barely large enough for when let alone sharing with a room mate. Pipes are exposed on the ceiling. I just looked at the virtual tour on the website and am shocked at what is shown compared to what I saw. The decor is drab as compared to the beautiful pictures on the website. I wish I were able to provide a better place for this family member. What a depressing environment to visit let alone to live in.

April 25, 2012

By commercesd

While in the area, we stopped in on the spur of the moment to see Palm Beach Assisted Living Facility searching for a place for my friend's mother to live. The staff was happy to show us around, despite the fact that we didn't have an appointment. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. The grounds around the main door were nicely kept, with flower beds and nicely manicured grass. The interior was inviting and we could smell fresh flowers. The décor throughout was quite nice and fresh. Each room had nice views with a calming feeling, featuring lots of fresh air and light. The restaurant style dining area offers many delicious choices. The lunch we had was like you might find in an upscale diner. They also had a private dining room for friends and family to enjoy. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. There were places for them to visit with families, as well. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage residents to make suggestions. The many recreational activities include trips to visit the local and surrounding area cultural and entertainment hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other cultural events, like fairs and festivals. The apartments were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes. We could really see that the residents were treated with care, kindness and respect so that they are very well cared for at all times.

Questions about Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Colonial Assisted Living of West Palm Beach is the perfect place for seniors to call home. Our residents enjoy the highest quality of care from friendly, compassionate caregivers and have access to everything they need to make the most out of their golden years. The community of loved ones and adult seniors we support appreciate our facility because we are one of the most affordable assisted living facilities communities in South Florida. We take great pride in providing cost-effective senior housing and care solutions and believe that older adults should not have to pay a fortune to enjoy life in a premier senior living community.

What programs or activities does Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Everyday at Colonial, we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. We know how life can get monotonous and repetitive and we make a constant effort to prevent that. One of the greatest things about assisted living for seniors is the opportunity to make new friends. Life can get lonely at home by yourself! The following are some of the activities we enjoy together to make life more interesting! Popular activities to include: Family night, Ice Cream Socials, Dance Therapy (with residents and staff), Games, Animal Therapy – Dog volunteers, Karaoke, Meet and Greet , Socials, Beach Excursions.

What places are near Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Colonial Assisted Living of West Palm Beach is ideally located in the heart of Downtown West Palm Beach, Florida. The sights and sounds of the city beckon nearby and plethora of choices and activities surround this assisted living community.

What transportation services does Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We have several transport vehicles and provide transport to resident appointments, day trips and for local shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

There’s nothing like a great meal to make you feel at home and every meal is special. Our on-site chef prepares delicious meals designed to please even the pickiest palate. A registered dietician reviews each menu, ensuring the meals are just as nutritious as they are delicious. All servers are uniformed to enhance the restaurant style dining experience we provide. Luxury dining without the luxury price tag.

What safety features or security measures does Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We have created a smaller, home-like feel for each guests living area, providing 24-hour supervision from caring, dedicated aides as well as third party visiting physicians and specialty medical professionals. By employing the latest technologies, such as a high-tech visitor program, we carefully manage elopement risks and wandering, ensuring the safety and security of every guest.

How does Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Executive Director and resident care director are always a phone call away to all families. The community makes it a priority to have on-going wellness meetings with all families. This is the culture instituted by our Founder.

What safety features or security measures does Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

With alarmed doors, 24 hour reception and a high-tech software to manage when residents leave, we are ahead of the mark with resident safety and security.

Costs for Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach

Whether medication management, grooming to housekeeping, dining or activities; we are here for you. Our resident care offers top quality service to persons suffering with mild depression, anxiety, bi polar symptom along with first stage dementia and Alzheimer care.

Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach is also, perhaps best known, to be the most modestly priced facility not just in Palm Beach County, but nationwide. Our small yet cozy suites can accommodate shares or private lodging with all the bells and whistles that may be found in more upscale assisted living facilities.

Although a large marble entrance with fountains galore won’t be mixed into our décor, one will certainly get a feeling of realness as the grounds and facility is explored. We pride ourselves in providing caring staff that truly understand the resident and always strive to preserve client’s dignity, no matter what the given situation.

CityWalk Assisted Living offers the combined benefit of a fully professional and safe institutional environment, with all the care that’s needed for daily assisted living. Plus we are literally steps from City Place, a prime Palm Beach metropolis. With shops, European style restaurants, and a full-swing upscale curriculum, our immediate geographical vicinity has become a mecca and one of South Florida’s most desirable places to visit.

Map of Colonial Assisted Living at West Palm Beach