Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

Reviews of Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

January 30, 2018

By loolootwo

Although not an employee or resident myself, I recently witnessed the care given to my mother who resided at Solaris for the past two years. She was treated in a friendly and professional manner-- I made frequent "unannounced" visits to the facility (day/night) and although the staff never knew when I was coming her treatment/disposition was always the same-- positive. In a facility of this type there never seems to enough staffing due to the lower pay scale and the fact that many of the employees have another job to supplement income, sick children at home, etc. Many of the lower paid staff are not well educated. Not making excuses, just telling it the way it is. (I have witnessed educated employees at other facilities treating residents poorly). Perhaps for residents with more memory/physical issues families should consider placing them in a skilled nursing facility where RNs are employed and complete care is given (and yes, these are very costly). Families would also be wise to place a loved within a reasonable distance to them rather than out of state.

January 02, 2017

By Stephanie830438

Solaris was a very nice community. The amenities were great, and there were plenty of activities depending on your age and mobility level. They have something for everyone. The food was wonderful. They give you plenty of choices with every meal. The only really big complaint that I had was they need better organization with their medication management and how they give it to their residents, but everything else was wonderful. The rooms were very spacious and clean. They had private and semi-private ones with cable and a mini fridge in each room. The bathrooms were nice, and everything was wheelchair accessible. They were really nice rooms.

December 20, 2016

By DISAPPOINTED FRIEND,

MY ELDERLY FRIEND OF 30 YEARS WAS PLACED IN THIS PLACE. ONE OF HER FIRST NIGHTS THERE SHE WAS LEFT SITTING IN HER BATHROOM FOR SEVERAL HOURS NO ONE ANSWERED HER CALL FOR HELP, AFTER THAT THEY ADDED A TALLER SEAT FOR HER TO USE. HER SON PLACED HER THERE AFTER SELLING HER HOUSE AND CAR. SHE WAS TOLD THERE THAT SHE HAD TO BE ABLE TO CLEAN HER OWN ROOM AND MAKE HER BED, HER SON KNEW SHE COULD NOT WHEN SHE WENT THERE SHE WAS TO WEAK. ONE OF THE AIDES TOLD HER SHE WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE IF SHE DID NOT DO THOSE THINGS, WHEN SHE ASKED WHERE SHE WOULD GO, THEY TOLD HER IT WAS NOT THEIR PROBLEM. SHE HAD KNOWN A LADY THERE SO SHE ASKED HER ''WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THEM TO HELP ME, DO I GIVE THEM MONEY?'' HER FRIEND SAID, JUST BE NICE OR THEY WILL NOT BE NICE TO YOU. SHE WAS A SMALL WOMAN 95 YRS. OLD THEY SENT A MAN IN TO UNDRESS AND PUT HER INTO THE SHOWER. WHEN I SAW HER HER ADVICE TO ME WAS ''MAKE YOUR OWN PLANS NOW ( I AM 70) DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. SHE WAS SO EMBARRESSED. SHE LEFT HER SON IN CHARGE, AND HE DID NOT LIVE LOCALLY. I DO KNOW WHEN I TALKED WITH THE LADY AT THE FRONT DESK TO FIND OUT ABOUT GETTING HER HAIR DONE, THE WOMAN WAS VERY RUDE AND ARGUEMENTATIVE, SAYING MY FRIEND HAD A WEEKLY APPOINTMENT, WHEN I TRIED TO TELL HER SHE DID NOT SHE DID NOT WANT TO DISCUSS IT, SO I WAS LEAVING, I CALLED MY FRIEND AND TOLD HER WHAT WAS SAID. THE WOMAN AT THE DESK WAS NOT TAKING THE TIME TO EVEN GIVE THE BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT, SHE WAS THINKING OF ANOTHER WOMAN WITH THE SAME FIRST NAME (SO WHO IS CONFUSED) IT SEEMS THE PEOPLE WORKING THERE ARE! I WANTED TO TAKE HER OUT OF THERE BUT WAS AFFRAID HER SON WOULD STOP MY CONTACT WITH HER. SHE ASKED HIM TO PLEASE MOVE HER, BUT HE TOLD HER SHE WILL STAY RIGHT WHERE SHE WAS. MY FRIEND NEVER LIED TO ME ABOUT ANYTHING AND JUST BECAUSE SHE BECAME ILL AND HAD TO GO FOR KIDNEY DIALIALIS. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HER MIND. I TOOK ANOTHER FRIEND TO SEE HER AND DUE TO HER BEING SO WEAK AND HELPLESS IT WAS A VERY SAD SITUATION. I WISH I COULD HAVE CHANGED IT BUT SHE LEFT THE WRONG ONE IN CONTROL. SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER TO STAY IN HER HOUSE AND HAVE SOME ONE LIVE IN. I WOULD GIVE THIS PLACE A ''0'' RATING SHE ALSO FELL AND WAS HURT WHEN BEING TRANSPROTED FOR HER DR. APPT. BECAUSE IT WAS TO MUCH TROUBLE FOR ANY ONE TO GET A STEP FOR HER TO GET UP INTO THE VEHICLE. I COULD SAY MORE, BUT IT TO LATE NOW MY FRIEND PASSED AWAY AFTER A FEW MONTHS THERE.

November 09, 2016

By Lewis034327

Solaris Senior Living was nice and spacious, and everything was good and fine. We were going to move in, but we decided to move to Texas. The dining room was nice and big, and the rooms were of good size. The staff seemed to be helpful. They posted the activities throughout the week for everybody to see.

November 04, 2015

By Miquelina

What I like about Place at Vero Beach for my dad is the attention given by the staff to the residents. I like the overall appearance and the cleanliness of the place. His apartment is a one-bedroom apartment. They also have two-bedroom apartments. It's very nice. Their food is excellent. They have a lot of activities for their residents.

September 07, 2015

We visited The Place at Vero Beach. The rooms were small. Being by myself, I would only get a one-bedroom-one-bath with what they call a den, and it was small. However, everything was really good, and everybody was friendly. They provided lunch for me when I toured the building. The dining room was clean, and everything was nice. The food was good too. They had a whole list of activities everyday. They had card games and bingo. Overall, the staff was fine, they had a nurse on-call, and they had all the amenities, but the only thing I didn't like about it was that the room that I would have gotten was small.

September 16, 2014

Place at Vero Beach is very, very nice. It is adequate, and they take care of you from head to toe, so you can't ask for anything more. They take you shopping and to picnics, you get to eat if you so desire, and within the daily activities there is always something going on. The important situation is, when you get in here the only way you get out is by bus to go to the places that I just described, and it is a little confining, but beyond that it is fine. The way they take care of the residents is the one thing about this place that stands out to me.

December 12, 2012

By daughter of parent with dementia

Other

My parent was a former resident of this facility. We just moved her due to our dissatisfaction with the care afforded her. They ignored the doctors orders that she is celiac sprue and cannot tolerate gluten.(as if a gluten free diet for her was a choice, not a necessity) Their 'nurses' told staff that it was okay for her to eat regular cookies and pie!! Also, there was a neuro-virus outbreak recently and all residents were quarantined to their rooms for over 2 weeks. While we understood the need for that, we could not understand why The Place did not hire on additional staff during this time to be with the residents in their rooms. The health department told me it was just fine to do that but The Place apparently put profit over residents well being. My parent (who has dementia)declined considerably during this socially isolating period and even after the quarantine was lifted, she remains in this very diminished state. They also had a problem communicating with me as to her well being. When the quarantine started, neither by brother or I were notified and when we did catch wind of something a miss, we were told it was just a little bug going around. We live on the other side of the country from Florida so communication is very important to us as we cannot just drop in. I would avoid this facility if you need help for a parent with dementia - even though they advertise as an alzheimer and memory loss assisted living facility, they really are not in my opinion

Memory Care Reviews for Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

Questions about Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

What programs or activities does Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Solaris Senior Living offers a full program of community activities providing the perfect opportunity to build new friendships, stay physically and social active and have fun! The program provides physical, intellectual, social and spiritual activities to enhance the quality of life for our residents. These activities include live entertainment weekly, morning exercises, ice cream socials, wine and cheese parties, balloon volley ball and much more.

What transportation services does Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach offer to assisted living residents?

Solaris Senior Living provides transportation on Tuesdays and Thursdays to local doctor appointments. On Wednesdays mornings we take our residents to the local Publix for any grocery needs. Throughout the month we incorporate outings that include lunch to local restaurants and shopping in the local community.

Costs for Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

Photos of Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

Services and Amenities of Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

• Companion Suites: No

• Licenses: Assisted Living license #8672

• Get Costs

About Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach

Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach is an assisted living and memory care community designed for those who wish to enjoy an active, healthful retirement with the security of knowing that help is at their fingertips if it is needed.

Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach features 84 Assisted Living Apartments and a fully secured Memory Care Neighborhood featuring 35 apartments with licensed nurses and resident assistants available 24 hours a day. Through our dynamic Life Enrichment Programs, our open, spacious floor plans, numerous amenities, and delectable dining services we strive to bring you the best-assisted living has to offer.

Solaris Senior Living facilities are designed for those who wish to enjoy an active, healthful retirement with the security of knowing that help is at your fingertips if it is needed. An abundance of services is available to provide comfort, convenience, quality care, and enhanced safety to our Assisted Living residents. We provide exceptional care in many forms. Our residents no longer have to worry about the hassles of cooking and cleaning. There are a weekly housecleaning and daily linen service available to all residents. We have on-call assistance as needed with daily living activities. Our fees also cover all utility costs including local phone service.

Enjoy three delicious meals every day, along with an exquisite Sunday brunch, served restaurant style and prepared by our talented chef and cooks. With a hint of luxury, we stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and restaurant-style dining atmosphere.

For your health and medical needs, we offer three levels of care. If your health changes, we will adjust our care to accommodate your specific needs. We staff licensed nursing care onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer health and wellness assessments as well as any assistance you may need with daily living activities.

Our mission is to help older adults live longer, healthier, and happier in a community where independence is encouraged; where social, mental, and physical wellness is promoted and in turn, joy is created.

Thank you for your interest in Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Solaris Senior Living Vero Beach