Aviva Senior Living

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1951 N. Honore Ave, Sarasota, FL 34235
Aviva Senior Living (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Aviva Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Aviva Senior Living

Independent Living Reviews for Aviva Senior Living

May 10, 2016

By Carole Z.TQSPR

My husband has been in Kobernick for about a month and a half now. Unfortunately, I think we were given the wrong information. I asked if it is was non-denominational, and they said it was. However, with nothing against Jewish people, since my husband is not Jewish, there isn’t much there that is common to him. The activities are quite limited. We didn’t realize that they have a lot of Jewish religious activities and diet. We weren’t given that impression when we first entered him there. The main problem is that we weren’t given enough information. Also, when he first entered, there wasn’t anyone to direct or help him.

April 06, 2016

By Anita37

I know many residents and relatives of residents who have been very happy with the care at Kobernick House. They have a memory unit and assisted living unit, have activities for the residents, provide transportation to physicians, and arrange shopping trips in a van for those who can manage. The apartments are very satisfactory. The efficiency was just a big one-bedroom with a little kitchen area. The staff was caring and concerned about the residents. It just doesn't fit in with what I need for my brother because he needs a different level of care.

December 29, 2015

By Holly25

My parents’ room at Kobernick - Anchin is a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment. My mother needs assistance, so we have caregivers coming in for her. The facility is very good, though very expensive, but the services are top-rate. It’s lovely to be able to go down to dinner every night dressed well; men wear jackets -- no blue jeans, no tank tops, no shorts. They order off the menu, and these lovely young people serve their food to them. They do special occasions in the dining room. For example: during my mom’s birthday, they had balloons on her table and ordered champagne. It was just lovely. The staff is very caring and extremely helpful. For all the money that you’re paying, you’re getting every service that you can possibly imagine. Housekeeping is included; they come every week and wash the linens and whatever laundry you have. My parents are very happy, so we are very satisfied. My parents are Jewish, and they have everything for Jewish people. I have nothing to complain aboutwith this facility. For the money and for the atmosphere, it is the best for my parents.

November 05, 2014

By Annie17

I’ve been to Kobernick-Anchin several times. It’s beautiful and it’s well-kept. They’re constantly fixing and repairing things. The appliances there are fairly new. I had lunch there; it was delicious. It was after the lunch hour, we were the only ones in the dining room, and the staff just bent over backwards to take care of us. The dining room is beautiful. The residents have a choice of menu. If they’re making a one-main dish and if you don’t like it, you have a choice of something else. The food is Kosher style so if you’re Jewish, there’s food you can eat which is a plus. It has a pool, a little lunch room, and a physical fitness room. It has a great activity program. They do a lot of outside trips. They also have service if you need to go to a doctor appointment. They have a community bus that takes you into the city or whatever events they’re going to. They take them to services on Friday night. I go there every other week to play cards. One of the women from my mahjong group lives there. I have friends that just moved in, and I have friends that have been there for quite a while, and they’re all very happy with it.

October 07, 2014

By spitz

I have been the caregiver of 2 people at the Kobernick House for 3+ years. Yes, the business side of this facility need improvement but the level of care is terrific. One of my parents was in the nursing care facility and the other is in independent living. Yes, it bothered us when the parent in the nursing home had a cold and their nose ran without being wiped BUT, they were bathed and clothed daily. They were fed and well cared for, teethed brushed and treated with dignity. The workers do a good job, and it is not an easy one. As for the assisted living, yes people need to be dressed, a jacket for the men, in the dining room except for Sunday dinner when this is relaxed. But understand this is based on the residents/board of director's voting, NOT the owners of the facility. Caring for our elders is not an easy task and it is a tough job fr the workers. While I had a lot of small issues with the facility I NEVER questioned the level of care provided. The facility is spotless and they do a good job.

February 06, 2014

By pdiamond10

My grandmother is at this facility and I am so upset that they just increased her rent 500 dollars a month after only 1-2 years of living there. They don't seem to care if she can't afford the increase. I have never heard of a place that increases your rent that much. The facility is nice but the business side of this place is a disaster and they seem to only be after your money.

April 17, 2013

By Kathy22

We visited Kobernick House which is Jewish. They provide meals that look nice and require you to dress up for dinner where residents have to wear a jacket or dress which is unusual. It's independent living. They provide dinner but you can get lunch or breakfast if you want for an additional cost. Smoking is allowed in the units. They're nice but very expensive. One thing they can improve on is not require the residents to dress up at every meal which was too much for my dad.

Questions about Aviva Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Aviva Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

At Anchin Assisted Living at Aviva our residents are enjoying each day to the fullest! Each of our residents enjoys the flexibility provided to them by choosing their own activities, enjoying a wide variety of culinary offerings and taking advantage of our in-house wellness and therapy teams. They enjoy challenging themselves both physically and mentally knowing that they have the support of our warm and industry leading staff.

What programs or activities does Aviva Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Across campus we offer our Aviva4Life program. This comprehensive wellness program exsists to help stimulate resident's mind, body, spirit and sense of community. Programs may include exercise classes, continuing education classes, sessions with our on campus Rabbi, trips to local museums and performing art centers, or on-campus cultural experiences like concerts, plays, and dance classes.

What places are near Aviva Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our campus is located right in the center of the beautiful and peaceful Meadows community of Sarasota. Great resturants, shopping venues, supermarkets, and pristine parks are just outside our door.

What transportation services does Aviva Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

All of our residents can take advantage of our complimentary bus and private car service. These transportation options are there to help residents attend local area events and keep up with their medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Aviva Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

As a Jewish faith based facility we are increadibley proud to offer a gourmet Kosher dining experience. Our chefs work every day to find new ways to introduce culturally exotic food in a healthy and mindful way. All meals feature fresh and locally sourced ingredients with the flare of our long-tenured culinary team.

What safety features or security measures does Aviva Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Our campus is monitored 24 hours a day by our trained nursing team to ensure every residents safety at all times. Upon moving in to Aviva, every resident recieves an emergency pendent which allows us to reach their location across our 27-acre campus. This gives our residents the ability to walk our nature trails and visit our performing arts center with the confidence that someone will always be there if they need it.

How does Aviva Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our resident families are the individuals who trust us to care for their loved ones and to us they are family. In addition to our Resident Service team being available 24 hours a day we keep a constantly updating Facebook page and our website gives families access to our in-house TV station.

If Aviva Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Aviva is a pet lovers paradise and we welcome all furry friends as part of our family. All of our outdoor spaces excluding the pool at Kobernick are open for dogs and cats to enjoy.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Aviva Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The residents of Kobernick at Aviva represent an increadibley diverse and well educated population. Joining are community from across the globe, each resident brings with them a new perspective and new sources of conversation. Residents who excel here at Aviva are those who are constantly curious and looking to expand their own horizons. Our community is made up of those interested in art, literature, economics, global affairs, and science. They are constantly looking for ways to expand their knowledge and look to do so in a social environment. Our residents are active looking for opportunities to get out of their apartments and spend time with one another travelling, exploring Sarasota, or just laughing over a cup of coffee.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Our campus is located right in the center of the beautiful and peaceful Meadows community of Sarasota. Great restuarants, shopping venues, supermarkets, beautiful gold courses and pristine parks are just outside our door.

What transportation services does Aviva Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Aviva Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Costs for Aviva Senior Living

Photos of Aviva Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Aviva Senior Living

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: ALF License #8951, Skilled Nursing Facility #130471046

About Aviva Senior Living

Aviva Senior Living is Sarasota’s only single-site, not-for-profit senior residential community offering the full continuum of care.

You or the seniors you love can live with purpose and meaning, and receive expert care, all on our beautiful, park-like campus that becomes home. The peaceful setting, intimate environment, highly trained staff, and genuinely friendly atmosphere make it a warm and inclusive senior community like no other.

Enjoy time with family and friends, intellectually enriching activities, luxury amenities, resident-led programs, and high-quality onsite healthcare services.

Stroll across our beautiful campus, and the first thing you will notice is the abundance of activity. Our residents spend the day engaged and involved, pursuing what makes them happy.

They may hone a new skill like watercolor painting, or engage in professionally led exercise classes including Thai Chi, balance, or cardio. Some may simply want to enjoy a picture-perfect Florida day strolling our protected natural walking paths. Later, they may meet friends for a live concert or stimulating lecture, followed by a sumptuous dinner.

Meanwhile, their apartments are being cleaned for them and delicious meals await them in our various dining facilities.

Nestled in The Meadows in the heart of Sarasota, Aviva offers a 27-acre, park-like campus. Our seniors live a rich, full life in this beautiful haven, and easily venture out to experience the spirit of Sarasota — from a thriving arts and cultural scene, to shopping of any kind amidst the incredible outdoor beauty of Sarasota Residents may keep cars on campus, and we also offer complimentary transportation for outings.

Sarasota's only non-profit rental CCRC. We offer high quality care in an intimate setting.

Map of Aviva Senior Living