Forwood Manor

Reviews of Forwood Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Forwood Manor

September 30, 2015

By Sandy117512050

I thought Forwood Manor was wonderful. Of all the facilities I looked at, it was by far the best. It’s like a beautiful apartment, you really didn’t hospital feeling or facility feeling, it’s like a country club. The dining facility was fantastic with a 4 or 5 star chef. They had a broad tray that you choose and eat a little bit. They had food for families who will be visiting. It was very nice. One of the things I like was that they have a garden, and they do gardening with the results. They can get outside and put their hands on the dirt.

March 26, 2015

By ann2255

My mom moved there after suffering a stroke. When we arrived on her move-in day, the receptionist who was supposed to give us the key to her room was clueless; she had no idea about my mom's arrival or where the key was. It took about 20 minutes, with the receptionist calling different people, for her to find the key. We later asked the receptionist what time breakfast was served the next day (Sunday). She said breakfast ended at 10 a.m. My siblings arrived on Sunday at 9;30 to have breakfast with Mom. When we got to the dining room, it was closed. Breakfast had ended at 9:30. We also observed signs up about all activities being cancelled due to the residents being sick. Four days later, my mom caught the illness (gastroenteritis) and had to be hospitalized for 3 days. She came back to FM after being discharged. When my mom moved in, she did not have the strength in her hand to unlock her door. She was almost in tears and said she could not leave her room for fear of being locked out. After several days, I asked the staff to change the lock to one that did not require so much strength. This is when they offered to put a "pistol grip" on her key that made it easier to unlock. Of course that worked, but why did they not issue the key with that grip. After all, FM is intended for elderly residents and problems with the key must be common. My mom told me that one morning when she went to breakfast, there was none. No employees showed up. Two weeks after my mom moved in, she wanted to go home. She hated it. She felt isolated and miserable. So, we moved her back home and made other arrangements. Now FM is insisting that she pay for two months of rent PLUS the non-refundable move-in fee of $3600. In other words, $10,200 for living there for 10 days. So, be warned.

Hello, My name is Robert Greer, the Executive Director at Forwood Manor. I'm very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied. During our last conversation you seemed very pleased with Forwood Manor, and stated that we couldn’t have been more helpful. Myself and our entire team were so disappointed to hear that your mother decided to go back home. We truly tried our best, and asked if there was anything we could have done better in any part of the process. We thought your family’s decision to move your mother out was purely because she was homesick. At Forwood Manor, we strive to make all of our residents needs and concerns our main priority. I am always available to address your concerns. Please feel free to call me any time at 302 529 1600.

January 12, 2015

By Kay37

What I like about Forwood Manor is its size. It is not huge. I also like the fact that you pay by the month. It is not a buy-in. The residents seemed to be happy. We did try the food there, and it was fine. They have bingo, poker, and bridge. They also have a gardening group and a craft group. They have things that interest me. I would recommend this place, and one of the main reasons was that it is within one and a half hours of our daughter. That's the purpose for our move.

July 20, 2014

Forwood Manor was very welcoming. The dining room facility was VERY nice. They have a restaurant on the first floor and smaller dining areas throughout the wings of the building.

June 26, 2014

My dad is at Forwood Manor. The general entranceway is a little larger and more inviting. We like the porch areas that my father now has. They have a more extensive activities calendar. They have concerts, buses to the nearby stores, bingo. They have therapy on-site. On their newsletter, they have celebrations for birthdays of staff and the residents. There has been a cookout on Memorial Day and an Easter egg hunt and families have come. The staff is friendly and outgoing. I feel it is very homey, welcoming, inviting, bright, and cheery. The food was very good, and portions are appropriate for seniors. They have quite a variety every day.

November 23, 2013

Because I wanted to just go away for a week or so, I inquired about Forwood Manor. Everything there seemed very pleasant. However, once I've heard the details of respite care and if I qualify, I didn't get into any real details about the whole facility. The place was very clean and everything seemed nice. The one staff that I met was very friendly. I didn't see any activities though.

October 11, 2013

I chose Forwood Manor mainly because it's close to my daughter and myself. My sister-in-law has Parkinson's and needed a lot of care so I do appreciate all the information that we got from you folks. I think she's settled happily. They seem to be very concerned and the other residents are very pleasant and helpful. I've been there for lunch mainly and the food is very good.

February 09, 2013

By caring0129113

My dad is doing very well at Forwood Manor. Everything has been very good and we haven't had any complaints whatsoever. I think the staff is great. They treat him very well, and they're very attentive. He has been gaining weight while he's there. So he must be enjoying the food. We actually went there and had lunch with him a couple of times. It was very good. Everything has been taken care of. We're very impressed and very happy.

August 21, 2012

By 1121

It is hard to tell yet, as he has only been a resident for a little over two weeks. So far everything has been good and he seems to like it there. The facility is clean and the food is good. The staff is nice and seems pretty accommodating

June 22, 2012

By bcolts18

My aunt, Nunny we called her, lived at this facility. She was very sweet, and Forwood Manor seemed to treat her well. I really enjoyed the hospitality service they had there. When we would go visit her she always had someone in her room saying hello. She was very bubbly and a true woman. All of the employees and residents loved her. Sadly, she died about two years after being admitted to Forwood, however I never thought it was a bad place. I really enjoyed the look of the place, and especially the location. The food was always great, and if it weren't, my aunt I'm sure would have let us know. She was always crazy about food. Another aspect that I enjoyed about Forwood Manor was it's living space. My aunt loved her room. She had more space in her room at Forwood than she had in any other room she had in her entire life! Overall, Forwood was great. But, you get what you paid for. And she paid a hell of a lot to live in bliss.

Independent Living Reviews for Forwood Manor

November 24, 2015

By Lynn66648950

I got a really incredible deal with Forwood Manor for my aunt. I was able to save close to $2,000.00. We got the biggest room with a kitchenette, a very big living room area, a huge bedroom, and two walk-in closets. They provide three meals, but we had to pay extra for the extra help. Overall, it was a nice deal. The place is big; it has lots of people at all levels of ability. She had a greater chance of finding people like her, and she did, immediately. The chef there is incredible, and the food is really good. They have a van that can take them to a store if they want. She has a more fulfilling social life there.

July 31, 2014

By Joanne29

We had a wonderful visit at Forwood Manor and it was very nice. They lady we spoke to at the sales department was very nice. We went in, toured the facility, had lunch and the food was good. My mom liked it. The atmosphere was also set up like a restaurant and that was nice. The rooms were in very good size, but it was set up like the older style. The kitchen was totally blocked off from the rest of the place. The washer and dryer were down the hallway. My mom was 85 and my mom would be much comfortable with the washer and dryer inside the apartment. However, they offered a lot of stuff too. They offered a lot of activities and there was a pharmacy in there. I thought there was a doctor and that came in so many times a week. I just wasn't where my mom wanted to go, but I would recommend them to others.

Costs for Forwood Manor

Photos of Forwood Manor

Services and Amenities of Forwood Manor

• Minimum Age: None

About Forwood Manor

Forwood Manor is a full service, continuing care rental retirement community. We have 140 independent living apartments, 37 assisted living suites, and a 72-bed health care center for rehabilitative skilled nursing on-site. The apartments operate on rental basis - no endowment or purchase required. In Independent Living and Assisted Living we offer spacious, private suites with one level of living; family-style dining with menu options; a variety of comfortable and tastefully-appointed community areas with artwork; acres of beautiful landscaping with outdoor areas to walk and relax; weekly housekeeping and flat linen service; social, educational, spiritual and recreational activities; scheduled local transportation service available; concierge services; maintenance of building and grounds; 24-hour emergency call response system provided.

From the moment we meet a resident, our goal is to learn as much as we can. By caring enough to listen to seniors and their families, we can create a fulfilling lifestyle where all involved can be at ease and comfortable. Our personal touch is seen in everything we do, from our life-enriching activities to our home-cooked meals.

Map of Forwood Manor