Apple Rehab Rocky Hill

Reviews of Apple Rehab Rocky Hill

Nursing Home Reviews for Apple Rehab Rocky Hill

February 02, 2015

By Jcf05003

Do NOT bring your family here! This place doesn't even deserve one star. I visited my grandpa here and the first thing the staff did was offer pie or a cupcake with lunch when my grandpa is on a diabetic diet. When I reminded them, they said "oh...so fruit?" It took 20+ minutes for a nurse to respond to a man who rang his alarm in the room next to my grandpa's and I overheard one aide acknowledge the alarm and say, "not my patient" and go back to texting. My grandpa wasn't given his meds and after we saw how much he had deteriorated in three days (he came in being able to eat by himself and left not being able to hold a fork without spilling food everywhere--and NO ONE helped him eat), we brought him back to the hospital that day. The thing is... No aides noticed. Meagan was the only competent and kind one. One night an aide yelled at him because he spilled his water and another one called him needy when he needed help sitting up in bed. when he got to the hospital he said his bottom hurt. Turns out he had sores from being left in a wheelchair for hours. One aide asked how many children my grandpa had. When he responded, she said she'd shoot herself if she was one of his kids. My grandpa buzzed an aide, 10 min later one came in. He said he needed to use the bathroom. She said she'd be back shortly. She ended up coming back an hour later. He was scared to be left there alone. The state needs to come in and do a thorough investigation. This is so much more than negligence. I fear for any person who is in this facility and doesn't have family members frequently visiting. I can't imagine what would've happened to my grandfather if we didn't visit him as often as we did.

July 01, 2013

By AnonymousGD

This review is not a good one. My grandmother spent about four weeks in this facility and the treatment she received was inexcusable. She was charged for services that were not done and she would spend hours in her chair/ in her room without anyone checking in. My grandmother is elderly but sharp and understands that other people require more attention than her, but the way she was being treated was disrespectful and downright intolerable. Not to mention, not one employee had a friendly smile on their face and were just plain rude. So perhaps the management team should take this spec of an observation and use it to their knowledge moving forward. If you are considering putting your loved one in this facility, I strongly suggest you explore other options.

Services and Amenities of Apple Rehab Rocky Hill

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Apple Rehab Rocky Hill

Apple Rehab Rocky Hill is a senior living provider in Rocky Hill, Connecticut that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Apple Rehab Rocky Hill for more details on services and rates.

Map of Apple Rehab Rocky Hill