Parkway Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation

Reviews of Parkway Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Parkway Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation

April 18, 2012

By La Mesa Son-In-Law

Of all the places we visited in the La Mesa & El Cajon area, Parkway Hills was the best. It is a smaller facility (around 50 beds I think) and felt more like home than the others which were more like hospitals. Susan the Admissions Director was very nice and answered all our questions. Many of the senior staff (Admissions Director, Director of Nursing, etc.) have been there for 10-20 years which I think is a positive sign. They have their own on-site physical rehab program which was also a plus as we knew my mother-in-law needed to rebuild her strength. Most importantly, their most recent California audit survey revealed only one minor issue relating to food storage... The other facilities all had pages and pages of issues, many with complaints from patients of abuse or incorrect drug dosage which is scary!!She's now been there for about 3 weeks and his hoping to be discharged next week. Her experience was very good. Her PT coach, Mike, pushed her very hard but the exercise was rewarding and has built her strength and confidence. The nursing staff is nice and helpful. All of her needs are met there.The only downside is that like many places, the staff get busy and sometimes forget the little things. My mother-in-law has waited hours for a promised cup of coffee or to have her nebulizer cleaned. In the grand scheme of things, these are really minor issues and I suspect we'd experience this at other places too. This was the only factor in giving them 4 instead of 5 stars.Overall we're very happy with Parkway Hills!

January 31, 2012

By Happy Patient

Nice facility! We have been to a neighbor facility of Parkway Hills and they had all the fancy stuff. Parkway doesnt need that. They know how to care for patient and thats what counts.

About Parkway Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation

Parkway Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation is a senior living provider in La Mesa, California that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Parkway Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation for more details on services and rates.

Map of Parkway Hills Nursing & Rehabilitation