22 Assisted Living Facilities near Beloit, WI
Also serving communities of Clinton.
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Beloit area, with 6 in Beloit and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Beloit is $3,900 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Janesville with an average starting cost of $3,590.
To help you with your search, browse the 68 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Beloit. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Beloit 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brodhead with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Beloit, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Beloit, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Beloit
Beloit is a sprawling residential town in southern Wisconsin, right against the Illinois border and not far from the northern outskirts of Chicago. Roughly 13 percent of Beloit's 37,000 people are seniors aged 65 and over. At least 21 assisted living facilities operate inside and close by the city limits for seniors who need help to live as independently as their health allows.
These facilities, like all similar communities in the state, are licensed and regulated through the Wisconsin Department of Health Services Bureau of Assisted Living Division of Quality Assurance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Beloit
- Beloit's climate is in many ways closer to that of Chicago than Milwaukee, the closest major city in Wisconsin. Summer highs in Beloit reach an average temperature of 83 degrees, while winters can get cold with an average December low of 13 degrees. This can be an issue for some seniors who are exceptionally temperature sensitive or who have poor circulation to their extremities. Beloit gets 36 inches of rain and 31 inches of snow in a typical year.
- The cost of living in Beloit is low by both national and state standards. On average, the cost to live in Beloit is 21 percent below the average national index, and 19 percent below the general cost of living in Wisconsin. Healthcare is proportionally more expensive, but medical costs in Beloit are still 11 percent lower than similar costs nationwide.
Crime rates in Beloit are slightly higher than the national average. Violent crimes are not very common in Beloit, though property crimes like theft and vandalism drive up the overall rate to about 5 percent above the national average.
- Public transportation in Beloit is provided by Beloit Transit, which operates half a dozen scheduled bus routes. Seniors aged 65 and over qualify for discount fares, and paratransit services are available for mobility-impaired riders. ID cards for senior, student and disabled ride discounts are available through the public offices Beloit Transit maintains on Willowbrook Road.
- The Beloit area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Beloit Memorial Hospital and SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Beloit has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Rock Energy Cooperative, an organization that provides emergency assistance with overdue energy bills and access to the Wisconsin Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (WIHEAP), as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Beloit
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Beloit start around $3,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Beloit and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Beloit
Seniors in Beloit may be eligible for limited financial help to pay for services received in assisted living through the state Medicaid program or through the Wisconsin Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Exceptional Expense Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Beloit
Beloit and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Beloit, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Beloit Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Beloit
Beloit-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Beloit
Review of Pioneer Court Assisted Living
We needed to get our aunt into an assisted living facility quickly. She was determined NOT to be moved from her home, but we had no choice. After some searching, we decided to place our aunt ... Read more
Review of Willowick Assisted Living of Beloit
The facility smelled fresh and the front lobby was warm and inviting. The staff was very accomodating in directing me to who I needed to speak with about helping a loved one. I saw a lot of natural... Read more
Review of Beloit Senior Living
Beloit Senior Living is absolutely fabulous. The rest of the family is more than happy with everything they're doing there. My father is there and he's very happy. The staff is fantastic and makes ... Read more