15 Assisted Living Facilities near Delavan, WI
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Delavan area, with 2 in Delavan and 13 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Delavan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Delavan 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Elkhorn with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Delavan, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Delavan, WI
13 Assisted Living Facilities near Delavan, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Delavan
Delavan, Wisconsin, is a centuries-old settlement that was originally inhabited by Native Americans as early as 1000 BCE. The city is now home to 5,334 residents, 22.5% of whom are aged 65 years or older. Delavan seniors who need help with activities of daily living (ADLs) can choose from the city's two assisted living facilities, or from among the additional 12 facilities located nearby.
In Delavan, as in the rest of Wisconsin, all assisted living facilities are licensed by the Division of Quality Assurance. There are four types of facilities, defined by size and care type. These facilities are known as Adult Day Cares (ADCs), Adult Family Homes (AFHs), Community-Based Residential Facilities (CBRFs) and Residential Care Apartment Complexes (RCACs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Delavan
- The Delavan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Budget-minded seniors will appreciate that Delavan is an affordable place to live, with all major spending sectors at or below national averages. The overall cost of living in Delavan is 10% below the average in the rest of the country.
- Seniors worried about safety are encouraged to learn that Delavan is, on average, a safe place to live. On a scale of 1 to 100, where 1 indicates the safest environment, violent crime in Delavan scores 10.4. Property crime is higher with a score of 39.8 which is 4.4 points above the national average.
- Winters in Delavan can get very cold and snowy with an average mid-January low of 12 degrees and an average yearly snowfall of 36 inches. Seniors can talk to their care providers about the best ways to stay comfortable year round.
- Seniors who want to make the most of their retirement wealth should be aware that Wisconsin does not tax social security or public pensions, but it does tax private pensions and retirement account withdrawals.
- Delavan has an active arts and culture scene for seniors to enjoy, with interesting highlights, such as the Delavan Historical Society Exhibit and Resource Center and the Delavan Fresh Market.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Delavan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Delavan start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Delavan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Delavan
Wisconsin gives qualifying seniors who need help affording ALFs the SSI Exceptional Expense Supplement (SSI-E), which provides a subsidy of $95.99 per month for assisted living care. The Family Care and Family Care Partnership Programs are Medicaid waivers in the state of Wisconsin to offset the costs of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Delavan
Delavan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Delavan, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Delavan
Delavan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Delavan
Review of Vintage on the Ponds
I have visited this facility on numerous occasions and have felt welcome every time. The staff is pleasant and willing to assist. It seems clean and does not have an odor. They have an awesome acti... Read more
Review of Vintage on the Ponds
My mother has been at Vintage on The Ponds since February 28th. My sister works as a chef in that facility. Mother is there for both respite and rehab. They have a rehab facility right on the groun... Read more
Review of Ridgestone Village
The structure at RidgeStone Village was like a big square and the apartments went around the open area in the middle and so my mom felt it was too confusing to try to get around there, but the faci... Read more