16 Assisted Living Facilities near Whitewater, WI
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Whitewater area, with 2 in Whitewater and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Whitewater is $3,265 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 47 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Whitewater. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Whitewater 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fort Atkinson with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Whitewater, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Whitewater, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Whitewater
Set in the scenic hills of Kettle Moraine State Forest, the city of Whitewater, Wisconsin is a welcoming community of nearly 15,000 residents. Of this population, more than 8% are aged 65 and older.
To serve this demographic's changing needs, the city has two assisted living facilities, with an additional 14 in surrounding communities. Assisted living facilities in the state of Wisconsin fall under one of four classifications: residential care apartment complexes (RCACs), community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), adult family homes and adult day care, all of which are licensed and certified by the Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Whitewater
- Whitewater has an array of community resources for seniors, including Seniors in the Park, an organization that hosts a variety of programs, presentations and trips aimed at giving seniors activities that challenge their minds and bodies in a fun and engaging environment, as well as a senior center.
- Winters in Whitewater are snowy and cold, which could impact the amount of time active seniors are able to spend enjoying the outdoors. The area expects an average of 41 inches of annual snowfall, and temperatures can drop to around 11 degrees.
- Seniors on a budget may find Whitewater to be an appealing option. Compared to the U.S. national average of 100, the city's overall cost of living is 91.5, which is also lower than the statewide average of 97.8.
- Whitewater has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fort Atkinson.
Low crime rates may offer seniors and their family members peace of mind. Whitewater's rate of violent crime scores an 11.6 out of 100, and property crime receives a 25.2. Both numbers are below the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories.
- The city of Whitewater has a number of exciting arts and cultural activities for seniors. Its historic downtown area is home to the Whitewater Arts Alliance gallery, Studio 84 community art studio and Whitewater Historical Museum, as well as the city market and a number of local boutiques and restaurants.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Whitewater
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Whitewater start around $3,265 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Whitewater and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Whitewater
Seniors in Whitewater can access funding to supplement the cost of assisted living services through both the Medicaid State Plan and separate state-funded programs. These options include a Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments to help with room and board costs, and Wisconsin's IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) self-directed elder program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Whitewater
Whitewater and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Whitewater, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Whitewater
Whitewater-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Whitewater
Review of Mulberry Campus
Mulberry Glen is very good, and my mom likes to be even more independent so she prefers that they don’t check on her as much. They really make sure that she's at a meal, and she really loves her ap... Read more
Review of Fairhaven Senior Living
This was the worst place ever they had no idea how to take care my family member so at 10;00 at night I got made and took my father to the hospital and they shipped him to Madison.they had no idea ... Read more