17 Assisted Living Facilities near Milton, WI
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Milton area, with 2 in Milton and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Milton is $3,537 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Whitewater with an average starting cost of $3,265.
To help you with your search, browse the 61 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Milton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Milton 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fort Atkinson with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Milton find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Milton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Milton, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Milton
Home to Milton House, the first grout building in America and oldest concrete building still standing in the United States, the city of Milton, Wisconsin, offers a unique blend of a rich, historical past and modern-day living. Of its 5,600 residents, more than 16% are aged 65 and older. Some of these seniors may benefit from the care services provided by assisted living facilities.
Community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), residential care apartment complexes (RCACs) and adult family homes are all recognized as types of assisted living facilities in the state of Wisconsin and are licensed, certified and registered by the Department of Health Services. A total of 37 of these facilities can be found in Milton and its surrounding communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Milton
- Milton's low overall cost of living may be appealing to budget-conscious seniors looking to save on daily living expenses. At 91.6, it's lower than both the U.S. national average of 100 and statewide average of 97.8.
- Milton has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Janesville.
- With a violent crime rating of 13.3 out of 100 and property crime rating of 23, seniors in Milton can feel a sense of safety in their daily lives. These numbers are lower than both national and statewide averages in the same categories.
- Like much of the state, Milton residents are subject to harsh winters, which could be difficult for some seniors to cope with. The area averages around 35 inches of snow each year, and temperatures are known to drop as low as 10 degrees.
- Milton has an array of community resources for seniors, including The Gathering Place, an organization that operates as a nonprofit activity center for seniors, offering a daily calendar of classes and programs, as well as workshops, presentations and special events.
- While Milton does not have its own public transportation system, the Janesville Transit System (JTS) offers the Janesville-Milton-Whitewater Innovation Express service to serve residents across the region. All buses in this service are accessible, and seniors are eligible for half-price fares.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Milton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Milton start around $3,537 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Milton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Milton
While the Medicaid State Plan offers some coverage for personal care services, Milton seniors may choose to seek additional financial support through state-funded programs, such as Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments and the self-directed IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Milton
Milton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Milton, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Milton
Milton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Milton, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Milton
Review of Milton Senior Living
Milton Senior Living was friendly, clean, and nice, but it was spread out pretty far. I only met one staff, and she was very nice, friendly, and very knowledgeable. She had a lot of information. Th... Read more
Review of Milton Senior Living
We went to Milton Senior Living. It was very good, they were very informative, and it's a very nice place. I've heard good things about it. The person who gave us the tour was very informative; she... Read more
Review of Milton Senior Living
Milton Senior Living is very inviting and very clean. The staff is wonderful. The executive director and all of the main people go over and above. They are fabulous. I can't find one thing wrong wi... Read more