5 Assisted Living Facilities near Cambridge, WI
Also serving communities of Deerfield.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cambridge area, with 2 in Cambridge and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cambridge is $3,067 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cambridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cambridge 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cambridge, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cambridge, WI
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Cambridge, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cambridge
Cambridge is a small village in Wisconsin that straddles Dane and Jefferson counties. It’s home to almost 1,500 people, as well as lakes, museums and pottery studios. Also known as "Umbrella City," around 14 percent of Cambridge's population is aged over 65. The village encourages active aging and provides many ways for seniors to connect with the community.
People who wish to retire to the village can find accommodation in one of the village's three assisted living facilities. There are another 24 in nearby communities, including Jefferson, Madison and Johnson Creek. There are four types of licenses for assisted living facilities in Wisconsin and all are regulated by the state's Bureau of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cambridge
- The air quality in Dane County, including Cambridge, is good. The State of the Air Report 2018 gave the county B grades in ozone and particle pollution. This may be beneficial to the health of seniors who have respiratory conditions.
Summers in Cambridge are warm, with a July high of around 83 degrees. However, winters are cold. The January low averages just 11 degrees and the village gets 38 inches of snow each year, 12 more than the national average. There are only 186 sunny days each year, 19 fewer than the U.S. average, which can be challenging for seniors who enjoy spending time in the sunshine.
- Income from government pensions and Social Security are tax-exempt in Wisconsin, but money from retirement accounts and private pensions are subject to income tax. Seniors may save money on prescription drugs and groceries, which are exempt from sales tax.
- The cost of living in Cambridge is 101 on the Sperling index, just one point above the national average. Seniors can save money on daily expenses; groceries costs are over 11 points lower than average and healthcare costs are six points lower than the U.S. average.
- Dane County, including Cambridge, has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency on Aging of Dane County, an organization that provides information and assistance to individuals aged over 60 as well as more than one senior center.
- The Cambridge area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fort Atkinson.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cambridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Cambridge start around $3,067 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cambridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cambridge
Residents of assisted living facilities in Cambridge may be eligible Family Care, a program that provides financial assistance to adults who require long-term care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cambridge
Cambridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cambridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cambridge
Cambridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Cambridge, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cambridge
Review of Our House Senior Living - Cambridge Assisted Care
Our House Assisted Living (Cambridge Assisted Care) was a very nice, attractive place. The lady who showed us around was extremely professional, pleasant, and very friendly. She gave a lot of infor... Read more