The Waterford at Fitchburg

Reviews of The Waterford at Fitchburg

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Fitchburg

October 14, 2020

By HAS

They have several room sizes to choose from. My parents are in a 2 bedroom with a den for their computer. they are 89 and 91. My mom especially enjoys walking around the facility with her rollator and grabbing a couple pieces of fresh fruit that is always available. the balcony gives her a chance to care for plants that we give to her, and a beautiful view of the Koi pond. They started out on the meal plan, but now feel comfortable cooking in the apartment.

Thank you for your positive review HAS! We deeply appreciate the encouragement and support during this challenging year. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

July 16, 2019

By Dorothy

We really liked The Waterford at Fitchburg a lot. The apartments were wonderful, large, had a full kitchen, and a full dining room. It was a beautiful community, but when we run out of money, they will not take Medicaid. So we would have to move. The food was wonderful. The staff was very nice and because I'm lactose intolerant he came out to talk to us. The residents like it there as well.

November 19, 2018

By Jan

I liked The Waterford at Fitchburg a lot and it was very nice and clean. The apartments were nice and I liked the koi pond outside. They had a touch of nature right in the city. I would recommend it. The staff member who showed me around was absolutely wonderful and I liked her a lot. She had a lot of information, spent a lot of time with me, and made me feel very comfortable.

February 27, 2018

By Marie

The Waterford at Fitchburg was very nice. I like it a lot. It had a lot of nice amenities and programs, but it was just too expensive. The staff was very friendly and very nice. They answered all our questions.

January 31, 2016

By Marilyn119411150

I went to The Waterford at Fitchburg. When I went there, the place was empty and everybody was gone so I did not meet any of the staff. She said they had an outing or something. There was a variety of rooms and they had options. Every room had a fire place and a balcony that looked out the garden areal. There was a heated swimming pool. It was very luxurious. My interest in it was that I would like to be able to attend things at the University of Wisconsin and I thought there was a bus line and it was not that far from the university. That was my major attraction to it.

April 26, 2013

By caring0416113

I was very impressed with Hyland Park of Fitchburg. The staff was good. The place is very well-maintained and very clean. It's a modern place and reminded me of a hotel. Everything seemed good.

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Fitchburg

November 30, 2017

By Margie

The rooms at The Waterford at Fitchburg seemed big enough. Every time a room opens, they re-do it and get it in better shape. However, when I asked the staff why they had fireplaces in all of them, she said it's because it gets cold in Wisconsin in the winter. I didn't like that they heat the apartments with fireplaces. They were doing a lot of repair on the community. When I ate there, the food was average.

April 14, 2017

By P.P

We are on the waiting list of the Waterford at Fitchburg. It is a retirement home, much like any other. I really only met the sales staff, and they were fine. The rooms had full kitchens, and the carpet is low pile, which is better than some. There are lots of shopping opportunities close by, and the grounds are maintained. The thing we liked about it is that to get assisted living, you do not have to move out of your apartment. The assisted and independent living is combined, and you do not have to take meals; you can do your own cooking.

March 06, 2017

By Larry533746

The Waterford was wonderful, and the people were very gracious. It started as a condominium and they converted it into assisted and independent living, so the apartments were rather large, very spacious, and well appointed. The dining area seemed to be adequate. They had a lot of programs and activities for them on a scheduled and had a shuttle to take people around to Walgreens and different areas in town. I think they have their act together and do a really good job.

November 25, 2016

By Joan225618

The Waterford at Fitchburg was absolutely lovely, beautiful, and perfect. I liked the beautiful unit I was shown. It had a fireplace and a balcony, and it was clean. I believe it had a library. I had a nice salad while I was there.

November 03, 2016

By M.R.241360

The Waterford at Fitchburgwas OK. I would not want to live there, but I guessed it was fine with the people that lived there. The apartments were adequate. The dining area was nice.

December 15, 2015

By Gene24

I liked the setting at The Waterford at Fitchburg. They had a number of activities, recreations, and exercises. The apartment was very nice and laid out very well. My furniture would fit in there very well. The facility has a pleasant surrounding and a bistro, which was very nice. The atmosphere seemed very pleasant.

December 13, 2014

By Joan97741850

We chose Waterford because of the location; it’s centrally located for all of our family. They also allow pets. The staff was very polite. Everything was well kept, clean, and secure. They have activities. My mother is in there a little over a month and is just starting to get involved in the activities. The food was very good. She has a 2-bedroom condo, and the rooms are a nice size.

October 27, 2014

By Rebecca29

The Waterford at Fitchburg was very nice. We just had a short visit, and I didn't see the staff in action. My overall experience was very good, and the surrounding was very nice. I also liked the activities that they had.

July 06, 2014

By Barbara86336050

The Waterford is about two blocks from where we live now. It was very nice but very expensive. They have people come in to your apartment and give care and they charge extra, so you spend about 5000 a month. I would consider it fairly new. I think it’s been there at least five years, maybe more, so everything looks neat and clean. They have a heated swimming pool. It’s just way out of our price range, though. We had looked at it when it was another company, and the prices were quite a bit lower, but now (with the new corporation) they’ve had this 5000 a month, plus pay extra for things they do and have to charge it by the hour. The staff was very friendly. They had very good food. I don’t like to cook anymore, so that’s important to me. The dining room was very bright and very spacious.

Questions about The Waterford at Fitchburg

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford at Fitchburg. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

65 years and older

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Fitchburg offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a full-time activity director that offers a wide variety of programs from social gatherings, entertainment, exercise, bingo, church services and outings.

What places are near The Waterford at Fitchburg or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Grocery, pharmacy, restaurants and Medical clinics

What transportation services does The Waterford at Fitchburg offer to assisted living residents?

Medical appointment transportation and group outings

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Fitchburg exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

In addition to our daily featured entree for all three meals, we offer an "Always Available" menu featuring a selection of menu items such as hamburgers, salads, sandwiches, vegetable lasagna, and more! Breakfast is served restaurant-style, while Lunch and Dinner are banquet-style.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Fitchburg offer to assisted living residents?

All doors with exception of main door are locked/secured 24/7; front door does lock in the evening also so building is not accessible without a key.

How does The Waterford at Fitchburg keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Open line of communication via phone, email and face to face visits

If The Waterford at Fitchburg accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept small dogs and cats. We do offer some green area for dogs in the front of our building and have a courtyard they can enjoy with their humans!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff receives regular training on a variety of topics.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are close to many restaurants, grocery, medical clinics and shopping

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford at Fitchburg has organized?

Trips shopping, out to lunch, casino, scenic drives, Olbrich Gardens

What transportation services does The Waterford at Fitchburg offer to independent living residents?

Medical appointment transportation and scheduled group outings

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Fitchburg exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Offer meal options for lunch and dinner to independent residents. Lunch and dinner always have option of main entree but can also select from our always available menu with a 2 hour notice. Breakfast is included and offers a variety of options.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Bistro, Library, exercise room, theater and billards room, craft room, courtyard with koi pond

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Fitchburg offer to independent living residents?

Secured and monitored entry

Does The Waterford at Fitchburg work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We offer 24/7 caregiver support under our assisted living options for residents living here. Some of our independent residents do choose to work with a home health agency as needed also.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Fitchburg provide to protect residents who wander?

We are not a memory care community and do not offer a secured community for those that wander.

Photos of The Waterford at Fitchburg

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Fitchburg

• Condos Townhomes

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About The Waterford at Fitchburg

Get to know the warm, friendly environment at The Waterford at Fitchburg and you'll see how thoughtful amenities and world-class services come together in harmony. Residents at our Independent Living and Assisted Living community in Fitchburg, WI, are afforded the privacy and freedom to live a vibrant lifestyle in spacious one- and two-bedroom condo-style apartments with individual balconies and fireplaces. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to features such as a personal wait staff in the tastefully decorated dining room, our residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our supportive environment encourages health and independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs, while the beautifully manicured grounds provide a perfect backdrop for leisurely spring and summer strolls. The Waterford puts residents just around the corner from an array of shopping, dining and entertainment options as well as near medical facilities and pharmacies for the ultimate in convenience.

Map of The Waterford at Fitchburg