27 Assisted Living Facilities near Middleton, WI
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Middleton area, with 5 in Middleton and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Middleton is $4,085 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 78 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Middleton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Middleton 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Waunakee with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Middleton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Middleton, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Middleton
Middleton, WI, is a vibrant college town that’s home to the University of Wisconsin. Despite the student population, 7.8 percent of Middleton residents are between the ages of 65 and 74. Middleton has a higher average senior population than both the state and the country. There are five assisted living facilities in Middleton to accommodate this population, with 39 in nearby areas such as Madison and Fitchburg. Assisted living communities in Middleton are regulated by class and number of beds by the Wisconsin Department of Health Bureau of Assisted Living. They fall into one of three categories — adult family homes, community-based residential facilities (CBRFs) and residential care apartment complexes (RCACs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Middleton
- Middleton has plenty of fun activities for seniors to enjoy. The city is home to the National Mustard Museum, where admission is free. There’s also Greenway Station, which has a farmer’s market where seniors can shop for organic produce, fresh flowers and baked goods.
- It’s easy and affordable for seniors to get around Middleton thanks to the city’s free trolley. It has extended evening hours and stops at the city’s top stores, restaurants and attractions.
- Middleton has a lower crime rate than the United States on average. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the lowest crime, violent crime in Middleton is ranked at 25.5, while the U.S. ranks 31.1. There’s less property crime in Middleton, too — with a rate of 33.9 as compared to the U.S. average of 38.1.
- The cost of living in Middleton is 23 percent above the national average. Seniors may pay more for things like groceries and transportation.
- Seniors may find Middleton winters to be incredibly cold, with January lows at 10 degrees F. The city gets an average 41 inches of snow annually, while the United States only receives 26 inches per year on average.
- Middleton has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Madison.
Paying for Assisted Living in Middleton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Middleton start around $4,085 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Middleton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Middleton
Wisconsin Medicaid may cover services from assisted living facilities with up to 20 beds. Middleton seniors who need additional help paying for assisted living may be eligible for PACE, which is also offered through Medicaid. Wisconsin also has a Supplemental Security Income Exceptional Expense (SSI-E) payment for which seniors may qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Middleton
Middleton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Middleton, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Middleton
Middleton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Middleton, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Middleton
Review of Brookdale Middleton Century Ave
My father has been happy since 2017 at this facility. The facility has increased their care for him as his needs have grown. This is a relief rather than needing to him to move him to another facil... Read more
Review of Brookdale Middleton Century Ave
We weren't allowed to go inside Brookdale Middleton Century Ave because of the virus, but the person we talked to was very informative and friendly, and we got to peek in a few windows. It didn't l... Read more
Review of Heritage Middleton
Beware of Heritage promises. They evicted our 87-year-old friend after taking her life savings in exchange for their promise to keep her when on Medicaid. According to owner Pinkerton, "It isn't a... Read more