16 Assisted Living Facilities near De Forest, WI
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the De Forest area, with 4 in De Forest and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in De Forest is $3,819 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Fort Atkinson with an average starting cost of $3,586.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in De Forest. On average, consumers rate assisted living in De Forest 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jefferson with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in De Forest, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in De Forest, WI
12 Assisted Living Facilities near De Forest, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in De Forest
Located in Dane County along the Yahara River, the Village of DeForest has a population of over 10,000, 9.6 percent of whom are aged 65 years and older. The village has four assisted living options, and there are an additional 40 facilities available in neighboring communities, including Waunakee, Sun Prairie and Madison, all of which are licensed, registered and certified by the Department of Health Services as per state requirements.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in De Forest
- Just a short drive from Madison, residents of DeForest can enjoy the state capital's many arts and cultural offerings at venues such as the Chazen Museum of Art, Wisconsin Historical Museum or one of the city's many theaters.
- Compared to the U.S. average of 100, the cost of living in DeForest scores a 112. This difference is most influenced by high housing costs, as residents can actually expect to save on grocery and health costs.
- A low rate of crime can offer peace of mind for seniors. DeForest's rate of crime is lower than both the statewide and national averages. In fact, the Madison area is rated the #1 most secure place to live in the U.S. compared to all other large metropolitan areas.
- As seen across the state of Wisconsin, DeForest residents experience very cold winters. Temperatures can drop to 10 degrees and an average of 44 inches of snow falls each winter.
- DeForest has an array of community resources for seniors, including the DeForest Area Community and Senior Center, an organization that offers a safe space for seniors to engage in activities to benefit their physical, mental and emotional well-being.
- There is no dedicated transportation system serving the village, which may make it difficult for seniors to navigate the village, especially during cold winter months.
Paying for Assisted Living in De Forest
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in De Forest start around $3,546 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in De Forest and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in De Forest
While the Medicaid State Plan in Wisconsin does offer some coverage for personal care services, some individuals may need to seek supplementary support. As one of six states that offers non-Medicaid state-funded programs, seniors in Wisconsin have access to a number of resources that may help to reduce the financial burden of costs associated with assisted living. The Dane County Department of Public Services (DCDPS) offers programs specific to adults aged 60 and up, and provides information on agencies where seniors can access financial support.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in De Forest
De Forest and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in De Forest, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in De Forest
De Forest-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in De Forest
Review of Parkside
My loved one, Richard, moved into Parkside around November 29. It was very welcoming, and everybody was smiling. A woman living there for five years befriended me. It's perfect. Hes doing much bet... Read more
Review of Parkside
Parkside was a wonderful place. The staff was very helpful, not pushy, and thorough. They were very engaging with everybody and provided a great experience. It’s a perfect place. Read more
Review of Sage Meadow of De Forest
I didn’t care for Artisan Senior Living at all. It seemed old and worn out. The residents seemed to just be sitting around without any activities to do. The floors weren’t level. Read more